Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDPOY Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DPOY

Go down 
+3
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: DPOY   DPOY EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 1:19 pm

TJ got robbed. Bunch of bullshit

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 2:21 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
TJ got robbed. Bunch of bullshit

That about sums it up.

Shalieve5090 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 2:45 pm

happy black history month everybody... DPOY 312048480

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 4:22 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
It balances out after Stefanski won over Demeco Ryans in a tiebreaker DPOY 1647293567
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 1:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Common core logic here.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 1:47 am

Micah Parsons chimed in talking about how Garrett was doubled more than TJ and we should quit looking at just stats. Isn't that a stat in itself Micah? Now that we opened that door let's go in and take a look at HOW MANY TIMES TJ WAS HELD and it wasn't called.
YEAH....sit down son.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 10:54 am

Make it make sense, NFL. Show me your reasoning.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 2:00 pm

solardave wrote:
Micah Parsons chimed in talking about how Garrett was doubled more than TJ and we should quit looking at just stats. Isn't that a stat in itself Micah? Now that we opened that door let's go in and take a look at HOW MANY TIMES TJ WAS HELD and it wasn't called.
YEAH....sit down son.
Also - think TJ wasn't double teamed a LOT? Because he was.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 2:59 am

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
YEAH....sit down son.
Also - think TJ wasn't double teamed a LOT?  Because he was.

Right. But let's not let the facts get in the way. DPOY 1797695198

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 3:26 am

Nothing but a Mickey Mouse award. How the NFL expects to be taken seriously when they give Garrett DPOY and Stefanski COTY is beyond comprehension. I don't understand the love affair with the Browns. COTY should've been Dan Campbell or Demeco Ryans, no ifs, ands, or buts. What those guys did with those franchises that have been historically awful is particularly noteworthy. Honestly noone expected the Texans to to do a damn thing this season and instead they went out and beat the Browns' asses in a playoff game. Yet Stefanski wins the award...

The Garrett thing is beyond ridiculous. Not even being a Steeler homer, the mental gymnastics these media clowns did all season to justify Garrett being given that award is fucking ridiculous. Plain and simple. Who TF cares about how much you're double teamed, or triple teamed, or how high your "pass rush win rate" is when you're not producing actual tangible stats? Pass rush win rate is a metric that's great and everything, but means nothing if you're not getting TCKLs, TFLs, Sacks, FFs, or FRs. They sure like to point this almost metric out when trying to justify giving Garrett his Mickey Mouse Award, and they sure like to talk about how much he was double teamed, but not once have I heard those sports urinalists talk about how TJ has to drop back into coverage on something like 30% of his snaps and still managed to statistically dominate almost every single category over his fellow competitors. Imagine if Watt just got to pin his ears back all the time and never had to take coverage snaps... DPOY was a foregone conclusion, they were talking about Garrett as a "frontrunner" all season long and still calling him that despite the fact his ass disappeared like David Copperfield to Epstein Island for the last seven games he played in.

Honestly I'm getting sick of the NFL. I never used to put much stock into the whole "the NFL is rigged" argument but as of late I find myself scratching my head and wondering if there's at least a modicum of truth to it at this point.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 3:53 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Nothing but a Mickey Mouse award. How the NFL expects to be taken seriously when they give Garrett DPOY and Stefanski COTY is beyond comprehension. I don't understand the love affair with the Browns. COTY should've been Dan Campbell or Demeco Ryans, no ifs, ands, or buts. What those guys did with those franchises that have been historically awful is particularly noteworthy. Honestly noone expected the Texans to to do a damn thing this season and instead they went out and beat the Browns' asses in a playoff game. Yet Stefanski wins the award...

The Garrett thing is beyond ridiculous. Not even being a Steeler homer, the mental gymnastics these media clowns did all season to justify Garrett being given that award is fucking ridiculous. Plain and simple. Who TF cares about how much you're double teamed, or triple teamed, or how high your "pass rush win rate" is when you're not producing actual tangible stats? Pass rush win rate is a metric that's great and everything, but means nothing if you're not getting TCKLs, TFLs, Sacks, FFs, or FRs. They sure like to point this almost metric out when trying to justify giving Garrett his Mickey Mouse Award, and they sure like to talk about how much he was double teamed, but not once have I heard those sports urinalists talk about how TJ has to drop back into coverage on something like 30% of his snaps and still managed to statistically dominate almost every single category over his fellow competitors. Imagine if Watt just got to pin his ears back all the time and never had to take coverage snaps... DPOY was a foregone conclusion, they were talking about Garrett as a "frontrunner" all season long and still calling him that despite the fact his ass disappeared like David Copperfield to Epstein Island for the last seven games he played in.

Honestly I'm getting sick of the NFL. I never used to put much stock into the whole "the NFL is rigged" argument but as of late, I find myself scratching my head and wondering if there's at least a modicum of truth to it at this point.

If Garrett was being double-teamed a lot was a factor then TJ GETTING HELD must be too. Right? I've been saying for a couple of years that they fix games. Tamper might be a better word. Just ask Jesse James about the Patriot way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DPOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPOY   DPOY Empty

Back to top Go down

DPOY
Page 1 of 1