Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSS- Elliott signED Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

SS- Elliott signED

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 1:27 pm

Picked up from Miami seems solid

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/schultz-steelers-signing-s-deshon-elliott-to-two-year-deal/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: Re: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 7:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: Re: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 7:46 pm

i like this pickup.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: Re: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:03 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i like this pickup.

I do to especially for the price! 2 years at 6 million surrounded by Minkha and Queen. I think he is going to ball out and enjoy playing for the team. He is a tough durable player very few games missed over his career played all of last season not missing a snap. That says a lot about a player. PFF had him ranked 9th best SS in run defense and 11th in Pass to me that's all we need is someone to help support in both areas.

Queen and Elliot are going to help elevate one another and this team.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: Re: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 12:42 am

maybe now minkah can go back to doing a full time job of a free safety instead of moon lighting as a SS.
Elliot seems to enjoy playing in the box and delivering the hits.

i still believe the Dline is the biggest and was the biggest problems. 3-4 ILBs rely on the down linemen to  keep the oline off of them to properly do their job. leal and loudermilk have been fails thus far. heyward blames his decline on playing with injury. we'll see. Ogunjobi hasnt lived up to his contract. keenu benton looked promising as a rookie.
i still think they would benefit from having a true 0 technique on the roster. tomlins attempts to modernize the 3-4 defense has come at the expense of the run defense. his attempts to try to pound undersized square pegs into round holes just keeps failing.

Quote :
Sweat's size and strength, hallmarks of his college career, translate well into the pro game. As a run-stopper, his capacity to absorb double-teams and maintain gap integrity will be invaluable for teams facing run-heavy offenses. Moreover, his knack for batting down passes and collapsing the pocket, even without elite sack numbers, indicates a player who can impact the game beyond statistical measures. Teams in need of bolstering their run defense will likely view him as a major asset from day one.

IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: Re: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:56 am

Hard part is we are stuck with Ogunjobi for this year his contract has too much dead money to release him.

We do need to get younger and stronger on the Dline. Hopefully with them bringing in a new strength and conditioning crew that will help them. Leal has been such a disappointment I expected a lot more out of him.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: Re: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 5:57 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Hard part is we are stuck with Ogunjobi for this year his contract has too much dead money to release him.

We do need to get younger and stronger on the Dline. Hopefully with them bringing in a new strength and conditioning crew that will help them. Leal has been such a disappointment I expected a lot more out of him.

leal simply wasnt a fit for the 3-4. too small for a DE and too big and slow for an OLB. perfect example of try to pound square pegs into round holes.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SS- Elliott signED Empty
PostSubject: Re: SS- Elliott signED   SS- Elliott signED Empty

Back to top Go down

SS- Elliott signED
Page 1 of 1