Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeVan Jefferson WR added Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Van Jefferson WR added

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Van Jefferson WR added Empty
PostSubject: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 7:28 pm

From the Rams spent time with Smith in Atl. Solid pick up.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-sign-rams-wide-receiver-van-jefferson
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:17 pm

nothing about this guy screams #2 wr.  he's a #3 or #4.
he wasn't an overly product wr in college and less so in the NFL. he was 500 yd a year college player. projected as a 3rd rd pick , but the rams took him in the 2nd with the 25th pick.

Quote :
Overview
Versatile, skilled receiver who has played all three receiver spots but is likely to do most of his damage from the slot. Jefferson has average size and won't run away from quality man coverage, but he will separate from it with premium route-running and unique looks and angles that keep cornerbacks on their heels. He needs to prove he can deal with NFL size and strength banging on him at the catch point. Jefferson is a pro-ready receiver whose skill level and competitive nature outweigh average explosiveness and he should find quick work as a WR3/WR4.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:30 pm

for clarification, i'm not shitting on pickin this dude up, i'm just sayin he likely isnt the answer for the #2 wr spot. he did start a full year for the rams and only had 50 rec. for 800 yds. i'm guessing he falls in to the juju category of receivers.

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:32 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
for clarification, i'm not shitting on pickin this dude up, i'm just sayin he likely isnt the answer for the #2 wr spot. he did start a full year for the rams and only had 50 rec. for 800 yds. i'm guessing he falls in to the juju category of receivers.

Yeah he a a #3 type guy, read he blocks well so in the Smith offense that's important.

Master_Of_Puppets, Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:37 pm

I'm all about guys who are all in on being good teammates. Doing the little things to help the team - like blocking, good route running, etc.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 10:09 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Yeah he a a #3 type guy, read he blocks well so in the Smith offense that's important.
thats what i figured. he is here to replace robinson not DJ. me thinks they arent feeling to good about calvin austins future. we'll be adding him to the list of undersized player experiment fails.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 3:56 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Can we bring back Burfict and let Jefferson lay a slobber knocker on him? :chuckle:That'd make the pickup worthwhile.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Jefferson WR added   Van Jefferson WR added Empty

Back to top Go down

Van Jefferson WR added
Page 1 of 1