Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud  Empty
PostSubject: It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud    It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:12 pm

ESPN's Chris Berman is fond of saying "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills." Boomer often pulls that phrase out when his beloved Bills are facing some sort of adversity.

I don't think he's ever used that phrase in describing the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the franchise has certainly faced its share of obstacles over the last half decade-- the 6th seed in the playoffs in '05, a historically tough schedule in '08, and no Ben Roethlisberger for the first four games in '10--and has overcome them to the tune of three Super Bowl appearances and two World titles.

After four games, it may not be time to circle the wagons, but I thinks it's safe to say the Pittsburgh Steelers have been struggling a bit in the early portion of the 2011 season. They sit at 2-2, and that by itself isn't necessarily a problem. Sometimes, teams go 2-2. Hell, most teams, the Steelers included, will take a 2-2 start to the year most seasons.

However, there are various ways to get to 2-2, and the path that Pittsburgh has taken has left the fans a bit uneasy.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/10/5/2470293/steelers-vs-titans-nfl-week-5-previews-james-harrison-ben-roethlisberger-matt-hasselbeck
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud  Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud    It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 pm

The record doesn't concern me. How they've played, even in their wins, is what concerns me.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud    It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:58 pm

I agree I can get over a loss where we played well against a good team (Houston) but we didn't play worth a crap. When we barely beat a team missing their HOF QB.(Colts) Get owned by a division rival who we've owned historically,(Ratbirds) and play bad against a team let's face it is just plain lousy. Yeah we beat Seattle but didn't play that well.

It's not the 2-2 record that scares me either. It's all that ails us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud    It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud  Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Time For the Defending AFC Champion Steelers to Stand Tall and Proud
Page 1 of 1