Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStarks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room Empty
PostSubject: Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room   Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 pm

By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

PITTSBURGH - Maximillian Weisner Starks IV strolled into the Steelers locker room Wednesday morning and his larger-than-life presence immediately made it a better place.

"Max has been one of our brothers for a long time," said guard Chris Kemoeatu. "I'm excited to have him back."

"I gave Max a big hug," added wide receiver Hines Ward. "I'm just glad to see him. He's always been that veteran guy you could depend on."

Once again, the Steelers are depending on Starks. They may have parted ways with him on July 29. But with an offensive line that's struggled miserably at the quarter point of the season, the Steelers welcomed back No. 78 with open arms.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/starks-contrast-lineman-makes-difference-in-locker-room/article_64b3963a-f393-51be-90a2-54a81bee3c00.html
----------------------------------------------------

I'm cherry picking a few other interesting things from the article:

Quote :
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who's been taking a beating, specifically asked his coaches to bring back Starks.

Quote :
When he came in for a physical Tuesday, Starks revealed a new-look physique that proved he's ready to play football for the first time in 11 months. After an extensive training program in Phoenix, the 6-foot-8 Starks says he's very close to his usual playing weight of 345 pounds.

"I thought he'd be 600 pounds," Ward said. "But he looks good. You can tell he's worked hard to get back into shape."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room   Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:31 am

This is encouraging news for sure. I'm really pulling for Max to turn it around and lock down the left side. I want him starting again.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room   Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:05 am

If he plays up to his ability this is great news. I have to say I always thought he took plays off. Not being real fast he got beat around the edge a lot. If he gets low and just pushes the DE out of the play that'll be a huge improvement.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room   Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 am

solardave wrote:
If he plays up to his ability this is great news. I have to say I always thought he took plays off. Not being real fast he got beat around the edge a lot. If he gets low and just pushes the DE out of the play that'll be a huge improvement.

Yeah, Max isn't perfect, but he should help this struggling O-line more than Chris Scott for sure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room   Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room Empty

Back to top Go down

Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room
Page 1 of 1