Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeadliest Catch. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Deadliest Catch.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:12 pm

I just got done watching the 1st episode of the new season. Rough way to start with the heavy seas and the guy who broke his neck with a compound fracture of the leg.

It's good to see Edgar back... again. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

REALLY nice to see the Harris brothers able to get back out on the Bering Sea with the death of their dad, Phil (R.I.P.), last season. Deadliest Catch. 2164293255

Any "Catch" fans out there?

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Deadliest Catch   Deadliest Catch. EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Ok...so I get why some people don't like this show, I love it though. I've finally been able to catch up on all the seasons through NetFlix after only catching episodes here and there. I had always found the show interesting enough to turn it on if I caught it (when we had cable), but I never thought I'd get so emotionally attached to it.

Anyway...as far as this new season goes, I still like it...but I'm so torn up about the happenings on the Cornelia Marie. Phil's kids, and their attitudes just piss me off right now. I know Jake doesn't have an ounce of sense in him at the moment, but I'm really, really hoping Josh steps up and does what needs to be done (which is NOT act like an immature asshat).

Anybody else get way too caught up in this show...or is it just me lol.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:31 am

My wife and I are totally hooked for about 4 years now. Jake did look really bad in the last episode, but that captain (whose name escapes me at the moment) is a giant douche. I don't think he called the cops to scare Jake straight, but rather as payback for them questioning his running of the boat. He wasn't catching them shit and acted like he was the best captain ever.

He also had the run-in with the boat's engineer before they set off on the blue crab run. He came in a little ham fisted and overbearing to a very sensitive and torn crew dealing with not having Phil around anymore. They didn't need the Nazi routine from go.

So, yes, I am way too caught up in this show. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:17 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
My wife and I are totally hooked for about 4 years now. Jake did look really bad in the last episode, but that captain (whose name escapes me at the moment) is a giant douche. I don't think he called the cops to scare Jake straight, but rather as payback for them questioning his running of the boat. He wasn't catching them shit and acted like he was the best captain ever.

He also had the run-in with the boat's engineer before they set off on the blue crab run. He came in a little ham fisted and overbearing to a very sensitive and torn crew dealing with not having Phil around anymore. They didn't need the Nazi routine from go.

No pun intended? Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:36 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

See, I didn't see it that way. I thought he was pretty lenient on the guys for a while (compared to how some other captains might act). Could you imagine if Jake pulled that shit on the Northwestern? Sig wouldn't even give a shit who's father just died.

Phil's death hit me real hard, especially the hospital scenes...it was eerily similar to when my own Dad died. Begging for a cigarette, the way he talked and the fact that the Dr.s thought he was getting better, and then he was just gone. So I really do get how torn up they were. This just isn't the kind of job where you're going to get coddled...they needed to step up and gain some maturity and (so far), neither of them have done that. I think Josh will eventually come around though, whether it's with Derrick or someone else (almost definitely with someone else).

I mean, what was the guy supposed to do though? Just back down every time they questioned him? The crew acted like it was the first time they struggled to get crab...when even Phil had struggled at times. Maybe calling the cops was a little much...but I can't see any captain (even Phil...especially Phil) not doing at least that.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Yeah, losing Phil was a really sad moment for us too. We had been watching him for 4 or 5 years by then and felt like losing a friend. He was a cool dude and funny guy.

I too think Josh will be the one to step up eventually. Jake is kind of a mess. I feel bad for them both, but Jake needs to pull his head out of his ass. Josh wants to step up I think, but just doesn't have the know-how/experience to pull it off. Derrick isn't the answer for him sadly. I think too much hard feelings exist now to repair it. Josh will have to hope he can find someone else patient enough to bring him along.

As far as Derrick backing down, it was a weird situation with Jake and Josh being the owners, but him being the captain. It's a strange (and possibly unprecedented) dynamic. They all feel as though they are in charge in a way. At the end of the day, though, it's the Harris boys' money and future's on the line with the boat, not Derrick's. He might lose out on a payday, but he'll get work elsewhere. The boys could lose their livelihoods though.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Yeah, losing Phil was a really sad moment for us too. We had been watching him for 4 or 5 years by then and felt like losing a friend. He was a cool dude and funny guy.

I too think Josh will be the one to step up eventually. Jake is kind of a mess. I feel bad for them both, but Jake needs to pull his head out of his ass. Josh wants to step up I think, but just doesn't have the know-how/experience to pull it off. Derrick isn't the answer for him sadly. I think too much hard feelings exist now to repair it. Josh will have to hope he can find someone else patient enough to bring him along.

As far as Derrick backing down, it was a weird situation with Jake and Josh being the owners, but him being the captain. It's a strange (and possibly unprecedented) dynamic. They all feel as though they are in charge in a way. At the end of the day, though, it's the Harris boys' money and future's on the line with the boat, not Derrick's. He might lose out on a payday, but he'll get work elsewhere. The boys could lose their livelihoods though.

I thought about it at the beginning of the season, and I wished they had gotten one of the Hillstrands to captain the boat for a short time, until either one of them felt ready to step up, or found someone they trusted.

Speaking of the Hillstrands...I'm pretty miffed at how little attention the Time Bandit is getting. I like the addition of the new boats, but they seem to be focusing on them a lot. In past seasons they'd always throw in a couple new or random boats that they would follow, but they were never really a focus. Time Bandit is my favorite boat though (who doesn't love a bunch of guys that do crab dances and have firearms and explosives on a boat Deadliest Catch. 1797695198 ) and I really miss seeing them regularly. I don't think they were even shown once in this past weeks episode.

Back to Jake and Josh though...I think a big mistake on their part was going out for blue crab. I know it was Derricks idea, but I remember them talking about it and they were saying stuff like they've never been blue crab fishing and that Jake didn't even think he'd ever seen one. I don't think they were prepared at all for how much more of a grind it is to catch blues, and for the most part, everyone (even Sig) has a lot of trouble finding them sometimes. I still wish they had gone out for reds, I think it was silly not to try to recoup some of the money they lost. You know they would have eventually made it all back and then some if they had gone out, and aside from the whole Jake business, I think just getting some crab would have put them in a much better mood.

It's all water under the bridge at this point though I think. I hope they find someone they trust and respect to captain that boat, cause it would be a damn shame to see it go this way.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:44 pm

I'm in total agreement on the Hillstrands/Time Bandit love. Hands down my favorite crew. I can't stand that drama queen toolbag Keith and the Wizard though. It definitely would have been nice to see a Hillstrand captain the CM for the season. They could have really played up the competition between the 2 brothers. Would have made for some fun TV.

I'm thinking maybe the scaled back coverage of the Time Bandit may have been something the Hillstrands negotiated when they threatened to leave the show before this season. They may have tired of the constant watchful eye of the cameras and requested they lighten it up a little if they were to return. Just a hunch.

I also agree they should NOT have gone for blue crab considering the circumstances with losing their captain, never having been blue crab fishing and the difficulty of catching them in the first place. Not a smart decision on Derrick's part.

As far as the newer boats, I do like Bill Wichrowski and the Kodiak (though his deck boss, Adam, is a dick). I also like the addition of the Seabrooke captained by Scott "Jr." Campbell (it sure was fun watching that goof greenhorn quit like a baby after talking all that shit).

I really dislike Elliott Neese on the Ramblin' Rose though. He's like a little Keith Colburn-like tyrant.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:17 pm

I feel exactly the same way about Keith. He's a dumbass and a dick...but he does usually manage to bring in some of the best numbers, so I can see why his crew deals with it as much as possible. The only thing I didn't like about what Jonathan did was when he told Keith to just go and try to kill his brothers again. I know they've got their issues, but that was just a real low blow.

I didn't know the Hillstrands had threatened to quit. That's a damn shame...they were by far the most entertaining of the bunch. I can understand that it must get tiring having to deal with all those camera crews though. But I'm selfish, and I want to see more of them. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Like you as well, I like the Seabrooke and very much dislike the Ramblin' Rose. That crew has no respect for Elliot either, and I don't blame them. He just doesn't have a character that demands respect.

Wild Bill is the shit. I'd follow that dude anywhere.

I miss Blake Painter. He was freaking hot and my eye candy for the show. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198 Now I have to settle for Jake Anderson (I'd totally make him a man).

I just looked on wikipedia too, and I guess the Cornelia Marie will be going out for opie's with a new captain...Tony Lara. Hope they have better luck!

I'm having a tough time waiting for new episodes though lol. I spent like the past month just catching up on 6 seasons watching 3 or 4 episodes a day sometimes...now I just hate waiting so long for just one. I think I might have to go back and just watch them all again lol.

Here's some favorite moments of mine.

Deadliest Catch. 3562723908 I just randomly came across this. Andy is such a goofy asshole lol.

SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Jake and Edgar with Make a Wish foundation.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm not sure what happened to Blake and the Maverick. They were just... gone one season with no explanation. He was alright, but a little cocky and relied to heavily on help from other captains. Of course, I don't find him quite as attractive as you seem to, SCM! Deadliest Catch. 3798349058

This is still my favorite scene.

And I LOVE these tunes from the show. I play them every time I get up at 2 am to go crabbing on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. These and Primus' "John The Fisherman". They get me pumped! Yes... I'm a dork. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Back to top Go down
hindes204

hindes204

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:34 pm

One of my all time favorite shows, I never miss an episode
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

And I LOVE these tunes from the show. I play them every time I get up at 2 am to go crabbing on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. These and Primus' "John The Fisherman". They get me pumped! Yes... I'm a dork. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

I didn't know you did crab fishing down there. My oldest brother (lives in Virginia Beach) used to do some crabbing down there as well. I know he did a couple of seasons in Alaska too (in college). He doesn't talk about it much though at all...I'm inclined to believe he did not have great experiences. I do know he went from almost failing college to damn near getting straight A's though lol...so it must have motivated him something fierce.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:52 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I didn't know you did crab fishing down there. My oldest brother (lives in Virginia Beach) used to do some crabbing down there as well. I know he did a couple of seasons in Alaska too (in college). He doesn't talk about it much though at all...I'm inclined to believe he did not have great experiences. I do know he went from almost failing college to damn near getting straight A's though lol...so it must have motivated him something fierce.

Yeah, I got into it a few years ago because my wife's dad and brother-in-law go. They got me to go and I've been hooked since (no pun intended). It's a blast when you're pulling up traps with crab in them. It really sucks when they aren't biting though. A lot of work for nothing. I'm looking forward to our first trip of the season soon. I'll keep you posted on our success or lack thereof. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Best of luck to you guys...and keep an eye out for crab farts. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:57 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Best of luck to you guys...and keep an eye out for crab farts. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Deadliest Catch. 3562723908

That's funny you say that because we always joke about that when we're cruising for a spot to drop traps!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:00 pm

AWESOME U.F.O. prank by the Hillstrands on Sig the other night. That was a classic! Deadliest Catch. 3562723908

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
AWESOME U.F.O. prank by the Hillstrands on Sig the other night. That was a classic! Deadliest Catch. 3562723908

Yeah that was pretty good! I was glad to see them again this week, especially them having a good time.

I was looking through youtube to see if I could find a video of it (and couldn't), but stumbled across this piece of random reporting with Sig. Dude is such a funny motherfucker. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Start at about 1:10 in

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:41 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Yeah that was pretty good! I was glad to see them again this week, especially them having a good time.

I was looking through youtube to see if I could find a video of it (and couldn't), but stumbled across this piece of random reporting with Sig. Dude is such a funny motherfucker. Deadliest Catch. 1797695198

Start at about 1:10 in

He seems much cooler when he's not grinding the shit out of his crew. Deadliest Catch. 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 pm

I finally got to go on my first 2 crabbing outings this year in O.C.

The first trip netted us a solid 32 Maryland blue crabs in about 2 1/2 hours of work.

Trip 2 only wrangled 15 crabs in the same amount of time. Meh.

We were catching quite a bit of crabs (sometimes 4 in a trap at a a time!), but unfortunately, a lot of them were under the size limit (5 inches point-to-point) and females (which you can't keep). I still had fun and the crabs were tasty.

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 am

She's back!

From my friends facebook page. She has the oh so ruff job of camp host in Valdez for the summer.

Deadliest Catch. 392359_511111022238547_1330113371_n

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 am

Yay! Josh is for sure going to be the heir apparent to that boat. Jake continues to be a little screw up. Anybody watch the after the catch shows? He got himself chewed out pretty good. I hope he turns himself around, but he doesn't seem to have the same drive or passion as Josh.

Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:02 am

Yeah He needs to put down the pipe or whatever and get his head screwed on straight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Yeah He needs to put down the pipe or whatever and get his head screwed on straight.

Yeah, he's an obvious crack or meth addict (my guess is meth). I've seen that picked at face all too many times. Just a shame.

hindes204

hindes204

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Mach1 wrote:

Yeah, he's an obvious crack or meth addict (my guess is meth). I've seen that picked at face all too many times. Just a shame.

My guess is meth, his face was torn up. Its a damn shame too. I love this show, been watching it since it started. I am looking forward to the revelations show tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deadliest Catch. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadliest Catch.   Deadliest Catch. Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadliest Catch.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next