Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBig Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency Empty
PostSubject: Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency   Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:14 pm

October, 9, 2011
By Jamison Hensley

PITTSBURGH -- The Steelers didn't have their best pass-rusher, their leading rusher and two starting defensive linemen.

But they did have Big Ben.

Limping to the sideline after every drive, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger rarely lost stride on the field, tying a team record with five touchdown passes and leading the Steelers to a much-needed 38-17 win over the Tennessee Titans. Pittsburgh avoided going below .500 and improved to 3-2 to keep within a half-game of the division-leading Ravens.

No one could say where the renewed sense of urgency came from Sunday, although the importance of this game should have been clear to every Steeler when Roethlisberger put on an oversized shoe with a steel plate in the bottom to stabilize his sprained left foot.

In warm-ups, a hobbled Roethlisberger trailed his teammates sprinting onto the field. After the opening kickoff, Roethlisberger was the one who was leading everyone.

He threw touchdown passes of 8, 7 and 1 yards on the first three drives. These are the same Steelers who had two touchdowns in the previous 21 drives entering the game.

This wasn't just a gutsy performance. It was a punch-the-other-team-in-the-gut effort.

"I just don't want to let my guys down," Roethlisberger said. "I want to give them my best. I'll be there until they take me off in a cart, which has happened before. Regardless of injury, there are lots of guys going through it. We just have to go out and do our best."

Maybe an injured Roethlisberger is a more dangerous one. In his first four games, he had three touchdowns and five interceptions.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/33036/big-ben-plays-with-pain-sense-of-urgency

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency   Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 pm

It reminds me of the end of the movie "The Replacements", when the game was at half time and the lady asked coach, "what do you need?"

And coach responded, tapping his playbook to his chest, "Heart, miles and miles of heart!"

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Big Ben plays with pain, sense of urgency 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1