Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRedman to return to the bench Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Redman to return to the bench

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
fer69
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Redman to return to the bench Empty
PostSubject: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Despite Isaac Redman's solid play in his first career start last week against Tennessee, he is heading back to the bench for Sunday's game against Jacksonville.

Rashard Mendenhall took part in his second consecutive practice Thursday, and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said afterward that Mendenhall will start.

"Rashard's the man," Arians said. "He's ready to go and everything is back to normal."( I HOPE NOT Redman to return to the bench 2913999526 fer)

Mendenhall was held out of last week's game because of a sore hamstring. Redman filled in by rushing for 49 yards on 15 carries.

Arians said Redman will see his share of time against the Jaguars.

"We feel very confident when Red's in there," Arians said. "It's all about Rashard. We don't want to get him re-injured, so it won't be an overload situation."

Read more: Redman to return to the bench - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_761754.html#ixzz1assEjE00
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: “Everything Will Be Back to Normal.” Mendenhall To Start Sunday, But Is That A Good Thing?   Redman to return to the bench EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:33 pm

A slow running game drew the ire of many fans from the start of the season almost five weeks ago. Last Sunday against the Titans the Steelers run game began a path of redemption through three people – Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer and Max Starks – even if it was Rashard Mendenhall’s hammy that made the path possible. Mendenhall is recovered from the injury and has been listed as the starter for this Sunday against the Jags. ”…everything will be back to normal,” said Bruce Arians when asked about Mendenhall’s progress. Ummm, is that necessarily a good thing? Back to normal?

Define ‘normal’ for me. ’Normal’ as in Mendenhall being the quick tackle breaking 1,273 yard back he was a season ago? Or ‘normal’ as in a tweeteriffic offseason with a side of mediocre effort and dancing happy feet at the line from this season? If ‘normal’ means the later, then Arians can have it because I don’t want any.

And how far along is Mendenhall in his recovery? No one has yet to say if he is 100%, and we all know too well how good the Steelers and their players are at hiding pain (Polamalu in the playoffs ring a bell?) yet letting their players suit up. If Mendenhall isn’t 100% he loses his greatest asset – his speed. Even with all the toe tapping he’s been prone to do at the line of scrimmage this season, he always had a threat of busting out a big run because of his speed. Take that away and you are looking at just another Thomas Jones on the field. Worthless.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/10/14/everything-will-be-back-to-normal-mendenhall-to-start-sunday-but-is-that-a-good-thing/
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:32 pm

As much as I'm against replacing a player due to injury, I also think it's one of the most ridiculous unwritten rules with teams.

Apparently, some RBs can still run with our bewildered line. Occassionally a coach has to use game video to realize that sometimes a change of pace is what a team needs.

All I can is Mendy better have a short leash tomorrow. If he's not getting the job done, then Redman needs to be given the nod. Mendy will always have the opportunity to win back his starting role, but he's got to EARN it.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Redman to return to the bench 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:11 am

”…everything will be back to normal,” said Bruce Arians

That's what I'm afraid of. Redman to return to the bench 1505004552
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 am

Wallace108 wrote:

I DON'T WANT THIS SEASON'S "NORMAL"! Redman to return to the bench 294855916

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Why do I feel sick to my stomach all of a sudden? No Redman to return to the bench 2164293255 Redman to return to the bench 2744185472

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Redman to return to the bench 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:56 am

Thank God "normal" was delayed until the 2nd half. Redman to return to the bench 3945403183

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Gotta admit, Mendy looked good yesterday. He didn't do a bunch of dancing and hit holes with a purpose. It looks like him sitting back and watching Redman and Dwyer last week did some good for him. Hopefully this will continue to carry over for the rest of the season. Good job, Rashard!

Of course, it will only work if Arians will stick to the damn run game. Redman to return to the bench 2913999526

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

Of course, it will only work if Arians will stick to the damn run game. Redman to return to the bench 2913999526

WTF is Tomling doing or thinking?!!?Redman to return to the bench 2672159185

this is his team right? so when is he gonna tell Arians to stop throwing all those long passes!!!!Redman to return to the bench 2727913382

why not get what defense gives you it worked against the titans why not do it on a regular basisRedman to return to the bench 2306309830

i don't know.. i'm pissed... i think i'm gonna go drink lots of alcohol
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:23 pm

fer69 wrote:
i don't know.. i'm pissed... i think i'm gonna go drink lots of alcohol

Aaaaahhhhh.... the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. Redman to return to the bench 1797695198

Yeah, I wish Tomlin would hit Bruce and/or Ben with a stick and yell "BAD!" already. They come out gangbusters early and immediately start getting greedy and looking for deep passes every other play. Redman to return to the bench 294855916

I do have to admit, though, that the WRs on about four of those long balls were open and if Ben puts it on them, that game was a blowout. Still, why go away from what's working all of the time? Redman to return to the bench 2829330259

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:26 pm

What is your definition of a "long pass"?

I gotta say, I think we had a nice number of chances down the field yesterday. I said it yesterday while watching the game, but if you want to throw deep to Mike Wallace, you can't fake the play action. The guy is just too far down the field by the time you fake a hand off, set the feet, and throw it. The only thing that Wallace lacks (that I have seen) is the ability to get up in the air and get it OVER defenders (like T.O or Moss). IMO, we have to throw it deep at least 3 or 4 times a game to at least take that chance and keep the DBs honest.

On another note, I said that I'm okay with Mendy being the starter until he under performs. He did fine yesterday. One of these times, his dancing will pay off for a big run and he will A.J Hawk all of us ( Redman to return to the bench 568088689) but I'd like to see him continue to run aggressively.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:36 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
What is your definition of a "long pass"?

Anything over 20 yards or so. You have to admit that they went away from the effective run game and shorter passes that were working early on. I do agree that receivers were open deep and Ben needs to put the ball on them if he's going to go for those plays. Obviously, his accuracy was off for whatever reason yesterday though. My point is, why keep going for those homerun balls if Ben isn't getting it to them when you were kicking there asses with the run and short pass game? It effectively allowed JAX to get back in that game and hang around which is not something you do with a wounded, struggling team like the Jags. You only open yourself up for embarrassment at home letting them stay in it like that.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am

it was good to see rashard running well. i wonder what his average was once you take away the long run Redman to return to the bench 611739232

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 am

never mind, found it 3.5 ypa

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redman to return to the bench   Redman to return to the bench Empty

Back to top Go down

Redman to return to the bench
Page 1 of 1