Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:24 am

It's technically game day, so here we go. Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 3056903510
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 am

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 792589548 Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 3056903510 :helmet: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 348340646 Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 2287965686 Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 1948569602 :steelers:

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:29 am

Assuming Arians doesn't go back to 'Normal', the Steelers put together a great game last week and I see it continuing against the lowly Jags. However, we've had problems with the Jags throughout history of their existence.

It's now time to put forth a greater effort, and let people know we're still contenders.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:59 pm

This was a tale of two halves. This should have been a blow out game for the Steelers the way they played the first half.

Stoopid mistakes towards the end of the first half and lack of effort in the second half gave the jaguars hope and they capitalized on it in the second half.

But I believe I have the scape goat....Trei Essex. Yes sir, that's right since he entered the game, the offense seem to stall. I'm just sayin'. Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 1689750825

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:02 pm

did we go back to "NORMAL"

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:34 pm

fer69 wrote:

in the second half...YES

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:01 pm

fer69 wrote:

Pretty much. We had a solid lead and kept trying to go deep. WTF?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:36 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Indeed, back to normal.

We dominated the first half on both sides of the ball. But in the second half, we scored 0 points. I predict a Ben vs. Bruce debate coming up. Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 1797695198

Just kidding. I'm going to drink some more beer and be happy with the win.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Indeed, back to normal.

We dominated the first half on both sides of the ball. But in the second half, we scored 0 points. I predict a Ben vs. Bruce debate coming up. Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 1797695198

When you say beer, what do you mean? Like real beer or beer flavored water?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:14 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Indeed, back to normal.

truck, you just gave me a great idea. Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Indeed, back to normal.

truck, you just gave me a great idea. Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 1797695198

Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 1505004552

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 pm

so back on track here....

Exactly what did happen the second half? I heard a lot of Wallace deep stuff, but it seems that it was either that or run-run-incomplete pass - punt

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:47 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Exactly what did happen the second half? I heard a lot of Wallace deep stuff, but it seems that it was either that or run-run-incomplete pass - punt

It seemed like an awful lot of run, run, throw deep, punt to me(with an occasional sack thrown in for good measure). Look at the lines we had 300+ yards of offense in the 1st half and the 2nd half we had squat. At one point Ben was something like 11-15 in the 1st half and 1-9 in the 2nd. Granted the Jags made a few defensive adjustments at half time, but this one never should have been close.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:58 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Too drunk to discuss it now. I'm sure I'll bring it up later. But the second half of this game is what has plagued us for a while. Arians doesn't know how to play with a lead. He doesn't know how to control the ball. Our first few drives, we were running the ball and dinking and dunking. It was working. Then we went away from it and started going downfield. In the third and fourth quarters, there was at least 4 or 5 possessions we went 3 and out. That gives the ball back to the opponent's offense and gives them a chance to win the game. The reason I blame Arians for this instead of Ben is because it's the same thing that happened when he was the OC of the Browns. The Steelers offense looks exactly like the Browns offense when he was their OC.

I used to bitch and moan about Cowher's teams sitting on a 3 point lead. But now I don't feel safe with a 17 or 24 point lead. When you have a big lead, you need to control the ball and chew up the clock. Give the opposing team's offense few chances to score. But the modus operandi with Arians is to try to score a TD on every drive. It's the same with the Steelers as it was with the Browns. That works in the first half, but then teams figure out what you're doing and make adjustments. With an older defense, our offense needs to control the ball in the second half and keep the tired defense off the field.

I know what some people are going to say ... we won, so why are you bitching? A win is a win. But it's just like the Colts game. We didn't win ... we survived. When our offense keeps giving the ball back to QBs like Painter and Gabbert and giving them a chance to win, we can survive. But what's going to happen when we face QBs like Brady and Rogers?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:08 pm

The one good thing I can say about our offense is HOW ABOUT MIKE WALLACE??? This guy is something special. I'm not a numbers and salary cap kind of guy, so I have no idea what the situation will be. But we NEED to re-sign Wallace. Period.

EDIT: Strike that. Another good thing ... Mendy ran very well today. There were a few plays where he danced in the backfield, but for the most part, he was decisive and hit the holes. Great job, Mendy.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:04 am

Definitely a tale of two halves. We looked great on both sides of the ball the first half. Ben was making some nice throws, the receivers made some fantastic catches, and Mendy was running well. The game changed in the second half and what I noticed was after that roughing the punter call.

I can't exactly remember the result of the play (I'm pretty sure that Ben got sacked) but there was a 3rd and short near the end of the game where we went from the shotgun. I would have loved to have seen a draw there instead of a pass. You have a RB that chalked up 140+ yards and you don't try to run it?

Maybe we need Tiki Barber for those situations
Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 3562723908

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Definitely a tale of two halves. We looked great on both sides of the ball the first half. Ben was making some nice throws, the receivers made some fantastic catches, and Mendy was running well. The game changed in the second half and what I noticed was after that roughing the punter call.

I can't exactly remember the result of the play (I'm pretty sure that Ben got sacked) but there was a 3rd and short near the end of the game where we went from the shotgun. I would have loved to have seen a draw there instead of a pass. You have a RB that chalked up 140+ yards and you don't try to run it?

Maybe we need Tiki Barber for those situations
Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) 3562723908

You're right Dubs, after that roughing the punter, it was like we went in to coast mode and it almost cost us the game. And I heard that play you referenced too. We were around 2 minutes and all we needed was one first down and instead they go empty backfield, shotgun formation...and instead of using a victory formation, our defense had to hold strong.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)   Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers-Jaguars Game Day Thread (Week 6)
Page 1 of 1