Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMendy mendy mendy  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mendy mendy mendy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
supytalpeht

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:21 pm

I went back and watched all of the running plays from the 1st half of Sundays game. Mendy was hit in the backfield by at least one Cardinal on 50% of his carries. When the O-line actually executed he looked good, fast to the line,decisive. It's depressing to think how good this offense could be if they would just consistently execute their blocks.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:37 am

Just out of curiosity, did you notice how many times Redman and Moore were hit in the backfield? Was there a difference when they were in? Don't know ... just asking. They both seemed to have a better day running than Mendy. They both (individually) nearly equaled Mendy's yards with fewer than half the attempts.

EDIT:

Just found some interesting thoughts from the Post-Gazette's Bob Smizik:

Quote :
Say this for Rashard Mendenhall: He’s not a mercenary out looking for his next contract. Mendenhall’s doing the Steelers a favor. His contract expires after next season, which means the coming off-season is when the team makes a decision on his future. He’s making it easy for them with his lethargic performances.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/30541-mendenhall-no-money-grubber

Quote :
If Mendenhall’s funk continues, the Steelers need to take a closer look at Isaac Redman to see if he is the answer or if they’ll need to draft another elite running back.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/30541-mendenhall-no-money-grubber

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, did you notice how many times Redman and Moore were hit in the backfield? Was there a difference when they were in? Don't know ... just asking. They both seemed to have a better day running than Mendy. They both (individually) nearly equaled Mendy's yards with fewer than half the attempts.

EDIT:

Just found some interesting thoughts from the Post-Gazette's Bob Smizik:

Quote :
Say this for Rashard Mendenhall: He’s not a mercenary out looking for his next contract. Mendenhall’s doing the Steelers a favor. His contract expires after next season, which means the coming off-season is when the team makes a decision on his future. He’s making it easy for them with his lethargic performances.

Quote :
If Mendenhall’s funk continues, the Steelers need to take a closer look at Isaac Redman to see if he is the answer or if they’ll need to draft another elite running back.

I think SMizek is smoking crack. If I remember correctly Moore, had one carry in the 1st half for -1 and Redman
was 3 for +8. He was dropped for a loss on one carry and the blitzer coming through clean missed him on another.

Quote :
Before the tar is officially boiling and the mob goes after RB Rashard Mendenhall, the holes are just not there consistently. Mendenhall's carries: -5 (blown up), -2 (blown up, Arizona penalty), 4, 6, 0 (blown up), 6 (blown up), 1 (blown up), 4, 10 (incidentally, this is the one run he bounced outside when he didn't have to), 2 (blown up), 6, and 2 (slipped on cutback). That's 12 carries, 11 if you take the penalty out, five of them had defenders well into the backfield when he got the ball. Six carries for 32 yards when the offensive line did not allow a defender deep into the backfield. Incidentally, Isaac Redman had five carries for 15 yards if you take away his 14-yard run in garbage time.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:46 am

I went through the 2nd half last night and the results were far more encouraging than in the 1st. He had 7 carries for 23 yards with two of those plays resulting in zero or negative yards. On one he was hit in the backfield and the other he was tripped by the RG. In the 2nd half Moore and Redman were never touched in the backfield and the results show that. Moore had 5 carries for just under 30 yards and Redman had 3 carries for 19-20.

It appears we are starting to go into a RB by committee style offense with Redman getting the 3rd series followed by Moore at some point. Redman got his 3 2nd half carries in the early part of the fourth while the majority of Moore's carries came in the closing minutes of the game. Also I think Sanders is starting to loosen up a bit after missing all of training camp. With about 5 minutes to play we had 1st and 10 and ran Moore off LT picking up 9 yards, but it was called back due to holding on Miller. On 1st and 20 we ran Moore off LT again and picked up 9 yards leading to 2nd and 11. The 2nd and 11 play was a quick screen to Sanders where he put a nice little juke on the DB and picked up the 1st.

I truly believe that they are very close to being an elite offensive team. In the last couple games we've been an inch here and inch there from exploding offensively and blowing games wide open. If Kugler can get the O-line to gel a little more we should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
I went through the 2nd half last night and the results were far more encouraging than in the 1st. He had 7 carries for 23 yards with two of those plays resulting in zero or negative yards. On one he was hit in the backfield and the other he was tripped by the RG. In the 2nd half Moore and Redman were never touched in the backfield and the results show that. Moore had 5 carries for just under 30 yards and Redman had 3 carries for 19-20.

It appears we are starting to go into a RB by committee style offense with Redman getting the 3rd series followed by Moore at some point. Redman got his 3 2nd half carries in the early part of the fourth while the majority of Moore's carries came in the closing minutes of the game. Also I think Sanders is starting to loosen up a bit after missing all of training camp. With about 5 minutes to play we had 1st and 10 and ran Moore off LT picking up 9 yards, but it was called back due to holding on Miller. On 1st and 20 we ran Moore off LT again and picked up 9 yards leading to 2nd and 11. The 2nd and 11 play was a quick screen to Sanders where he put a nice little juke on the DB and picked up the 1st.

I truly believe that they are very close to being an elite offensive team. In the last couple games we've been an inch here and inch there from exploding offensively and blowing games wide open. If Kugler can get the O-line to gel a little more we should be fine.

The offense is looking like it's a dam ready to burst. I think a few more games of taking what the defense gives and knowing that the outlet receiver is your friend will start opening up the deep stuff a little more than it already is. It will be the key to unlocking the offense we've been expecting all season. Mix it up more and the big plays will come and the run game will benefit as well.

Ben really needs to work a bit more on his accuracy too. He's missed wide open guys a lot this year. It seems like Wallace's speed has thrown off his timing with other receivers at times and he overthrows them often. If Ben can get his timing and rhythm down with all of the receivers at once, our O could be unstoppable.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Ben really needs to work a bit more on his accuracy too. He's missed wide open guys a lot this year. It seems like Wallace's speed has thrown off his timing with other receivers at times and he overthrows them often. If Ben can get his timing and rhythm down with all of the receivers at once, our O could be unstoppable.
Yeah, he's missed some open receivers deep. You might be onto something ... Last season, he was constantly under throwing Wallace. Now they're clicking. But the timing is off with the other receivers. I suppose there could be a correlation there.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Yeah, he's missed some open receivers deep. You might be onto something ... Last season, he was constantly under throwing Wallace. Now they're clicking. But the timing is off with the other receivers. I suppose there could be a correlation there.

I've just started picking up on that thought the last few games. Last year he was under-throwing Wallace a lot, but was in sync with the other receivers. Now it seems to be leaning the other way. Maybe he'll find that happy medium really soon and start clicking? Hopefully at least by the Ravens game. Mendy mendy mendy  2185032793

By the way, nice new avatar. That's a pretty sweet hat ya got there! Mendy mendy mendy  2981382511 Mendy mendy mendy  1797695198

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
By the way, nice new avatar. That's a pretty sweet hat ya got there! Mendy mendy mendy  2981382511 Mendy mendy mendy  1797695198

The hat was a gift. Mendy mendy mendy  2981382511

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Quote :
By the way, nice new avatar. That's a pretty sweet hat ya got there!

Must have been a birthday present
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

The hat was a gift. Mendy mendy mendy  2981382511

The person who gave you that Busch Light hat must truly hate you. Mendy mendy mendy  3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:52 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Quote :
By the way, nice new avatar. That's a pretty sweet hat ya got there!

Must have been a birthday present

More akin to a flaming bag of poop on your doorstep for Halloween. Mendy mendy mendy  106674522

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mendy mendy mendy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendy mendy mendy    Mendy mendy mendy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendy mendy mendy
Page 1 of 1