Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhy are you a steelers fan? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Why are you a steelers fan?

Go down 
+7
supytalpeht
JonM229
SteelCityMom
blastfurness
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
vasteeler
11 posters
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Why are you a steelers fan? Empty
PostSubject: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 am

for me it goes back to the mid 70's. all of my fathers family is from Cleveland and i never cared much for my father or his family. i remember how much they all hated the steelers and at that time the steelers were dominant and i jumped on the band wagon i guess i was about 6 or 7 years old and will never jump off. i used to love to go to family reunions decked out in as much steeler gear as i could. i remember once my grandfather giving my dad hell because he raised a steelers fan Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198 .......great memories

sorry jon, you can let us know why you like to hang out with steeler fans Why are you a steelers fan? 1378315869

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:45 am

Because growing up in MD, the local station showed the Steelers. And my options where the Baltimore Colts, Washington Redskins, or Pittsburgh Steelers.

After the colts moved out of town, the Steelers were shown more regularly. It just stuck with me. THANK GOD!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Why are you a steelers fan? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am

Growing up in Ohio, we could watch the Lions, Browns, or Bengals. My neighbor kid was a fan of the Browns so whenever we'd play football against each other, I would be the Steelers. Also, with the Bus being in black and yellow, it drew my attention to the Steelers.

Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm

My hole family are Brownies fans it so funny how I turned to be a steeler but at the same time I met Wally my dad bought me a number 32 Jersey of Franco Harris and I have never looked back. To this day my dad kicks himself in the butt for buying that jersey he says if only if I had gotten a Jim Brown jersey instead. Why are you a steelers fan? 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Born and raised in the area, so there just isn't any other way to be. Plus, my Dad and brothers would have kicked my ass if I'd ever even considered rooting for another team.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm a Ravens fan because fuck you guys

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm

JonM229 wrote:
I'm a Ravens fan because I fuck guys

That;s about par for the course.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:40 pm

You son of a bitch

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 pm

I'm pretty much a Steeler fan for the same reason Truck is. I was a Colts fan (living first in Maryland and moving to PA only about 5 miles away) when I was a kid. I was more of a baseball fan (Orioles) as a youngster. I watched some football and rooted for the Colts when I did. When they split town, I was living in PA and my stepfather at the time was a Steeler fan. I hated the Redskins and Eagles, so I latched onto the Steelers and slowly became more of a football fan than baseball fan over the years.... even through all of those tough Malone, Brister, Tomczak, Stewart, etc. eras. I caught on with the Steelers when they were in decline after their 70s Super Bowl years and went through the hard times and never stopped rooting for them, so I've paid my dues! Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198

Oh..... and fuck you too, Jon. Why are you a steelers fan? 568088689 Why are you a steelers fan? 3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:18 pm

JonM229 wrote:

i like this guy buddha too bad he's hummingbird fanWhy are you a steelers fan? 1797695198

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:22 pm

fer69 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

i like this guy buddha too bad he's hummingbird fanWhy are you a steelers fan? 1797695198

Jon's a cool guy..... ahem..... I mean a raging asshole. Stay away from him or you'll catch one of those Ratbird diseases. Why are you a steelers fan? 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 pm

I can remember the exact day I became a Steelers fan. It was Super Bowl XIV. Steelers vs. Rams.
I was still a young kid and didn't watch much football up to that point. My dad was a Raiders fan but wasn't really into football, so he didn't push it on me. Super Bowl XIV was the first time I sat and watched an entire game. As the game unfolded, I started cheering for the Steelers after my dad told me they had won three previous Super Bowls. When the Steelers won, I was actually celebrating like I had been a fan since birth. The victory cemented me as a Steelers fans. Here in Northeast Ohio, you're either a Steelers fan or a Browns fan. I'd say I made the right decision. Why are you a steelers fan? 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Terry Bradshaw is my godfather
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:29 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
And here I would have thought it was Bruce Arians. Why are you a steelers fan? 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
And here I would have thought it was Bruce Arians. Why are you a steelers fan? 3798349058

Why are you a steelers fan? 1549491426 Why are you a steelers fan? 1549491426
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm originally from the Wheeling, West Virginia metro area (is what they call it now) the Ohio side of the Ohio River.

My dad was more of a Browns fan in the 50s but when Art Modell bought the Browns in 1961 he became a full blown Steelers fan and l became a fan about the time Chuck Noll became headcoach. that was the time being young l started to understand more of the in's and out's of football.

l was lucky old / young enough to watch Chuck Noll build the best football team ever the 70s Steelers.

In the early 70s we moved to a town south of Cleveland the heart of Browns country. Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198 Took a lot of Brownie money back then. Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198

Was at the game when Turkey Jones pile drove Bradshaw head first into the turf. You want to talk about a riot in the stands l never saw so many fights brake out at a football game like l did that day before or since. Cleveland Police took a sh!t pot full of people to jail that day. Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198 Hell Steelers / Browns fans were still fighting in the parking lot when we were walking to the car after the game. Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198

A lot of Steeler Nation was at that game l would say the Staduim was 50 / 50, Steelers / Browns fans. Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198

Sweet memories Why are you a steelers fan? 2185032793
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

Jon's a cool guy..... ahem..... I mean a raging asshole. Stay away from him or you'll catch one of those Ratbird diseases. Why are you a steelers fan? 3798349058

Yea, like these guys did:
Why are you a steelers fan? Ravensmalecheerleaders
Why are you a steelers fan? Ravens+male

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:19 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:

Why are you a steelers fan? Ravens+male

Why are you a steelers fan? 1549491426 Why are you a steelers fan? 1549491426 that guy looks exactly like my boss

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:58 am

In all seriousness, one of my earliest memories of football was Steelers vs Cowboy in SB X. I took the Steelers in a bet with my dad and won the whopping sum of 6cents. Which just so happened to be the cost of a chocolate milk at my school.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:10 am

supytalpeht wrote:
In all seriousness, one of my earliest memories of football was Steelers vs Cowboy in SB X. I took the Steelers in a bet with my dad and won the whopping sum of 6cents. Which just so happened to be the cost of a chocolate milk at my school.
Funny you should mention the price of school milk. I just did the math the other day and realized I spend $90 a month on my kids' school lunches. 90 EFFIN DOLLARS A MONTH!!!! Paying for food that my tax dollars already paid for. Why are you a steelers fan? 294855916

And so I can stay on topic, go Steelers. Why are you a steelers fan? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are you a steelers fan?   Why are you a steelers fan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are you a steelers fan?
Page 1 of 1