Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAnybody been to Fathead's? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Anybody been to Fathead's?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Anybody been to Fathead's? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Has anyone here ever been to Fathead's Saloon in Pittsburgh before? I saw this place on The Food Network one night and liked what I saw. I also checked out their website tonight because we're looking for a good place to get lunch and great beer while we're up in Pittsburgh next week. The reviews I'm reading online are sort of mixed, but the beer sounds great!

I'm thinking a Headwich is gonna be right up my alley! Anybody been to Fathead's? 3337014354

http://fatheadspittsburgh.com/

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:57 pm

My brother used to be a server there. We used to either go there or Tom's Diner to eat before/after our "excursions" to The Smiling Moose or Dee's. Foods pretty good, as is the atmosphere. Hell, if you're going to the Southside though, don't make that your only beer stop! Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 pm

dont fall for it mom. this is just another attempt to brag about going to the rats game......im on to you buddha Anybody been to Fathead's? 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:04 pm

THey've got Racer 5 on tap and a cask of hotrod rye
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
My brother used to be a server there. We used to either go there or Tom's Diner to eat before/after our "excursions" to The Smiling Moose or Dee's. Foods pretty good, as is the atmosphere. Hell, if you're going to the Southside though, don't make that your only beer stop! Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

I'll let my staggering feet lead the way. :drunk bum:

If you have any suggestions, I'm not against hearing them. Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

vasteeler wrote:
dont fall for it mom. this is just another attempt to brag about going to the rats game......im on to you buddha Anybody been to Fathead's? 3798349058

Anybody been to Fathead's? 3823912936 Anybody been to Fathead's? 4130395391 Anybody been to Fathead's? 1378315869 Anybody been to Fathead's? 1372836603 Anybody been to Fathead's? 568088689

supytalpeht wrote:
THey've got Racer 5 on tap and a cask of hotrod rye

I love a good rye beer! Founders Red's Rye PA is one I particularly adore.

Thanks for the heads up, Supy! Anybody been to Fathead's? 230572241

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

If you have any suggestions, I'm not against hearing them. Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

I'd probably end up suggesting all of them. Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198 There's a pretty good mix of dives and sports bars though. Mario's used to be complete shit, but I guess the new owners really turned it around, and it's one of the best places to go now. And of course Bettis' Grille is down there too (but it's a madhouse on the weekends during football season).

Just do the Southside crawl and report back your findings. Don't forget your camera! Anybody been to Fathead's? 3798349058

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

I'd probably end up suggesting all of them. Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198 There's a pretty good mix of dives and sports bars though. Mario's used to be complete shit, but I guess the new owners really turned it around, and it's one of the best places to go now. And of course Bettis' Grille is down there too (but it's a madhouse on the weekends during football season).

Just do the Southside crawl and report back your findings. Don't forget your camera! Anybody been to Fathead's? 3798349058

I've actually been to Bettis' Grille. Real nice place with good food. It's where I got turned onto Atwater Block's Vanilla Java Porter.

It might be hard to report back my findings if my memory happens to mysteriously become a bit hazy. Anybody been to Fathead's? 2196231899 Anybody been to Fathead's? 2981382511

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

I've actually been to Bettis' Grille. Real nice place with good food. It's where I got turned onto Atwater Block's Vanilla Java Porter.

It might be hard to report back my findings if my memory happens to mysteriously become a bit hazy. Anybody been to Fathead's? 2196231899 Anybody been to Fathead's? 2981382511

Well...that's what the camera's for! Even in a complete drunken stupor, who doesn't love to take pictures? Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

If you had a smartphone, or someone semi sober with you to take the photos, it would be a hoot to see the night's progression. I've had someone do it to me before....it's quite unflattering, but funny. Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Well...that's what the camera's for! Even in a complete drunken stupor, who doesn't love to take pictures? Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

If you had a smartphone, or someone semi sober with you to take the photos, it would be a hoot to see the night's progression. I've had someone do it to me before....it's quite unflattering, but funny. Anybody been to Fathead's? 1797695198

What if I forget how to operate the camera? Anybody been to Fathead's? 2087824411

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I did have the 36oz steak at Bettis'

Loved every freakin' bite of it, but damn if I didn't pay the price a few days later!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Anybody been to Fathead's? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Fathead's?   Anybody been to Fathead's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody been to Fathead's?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Xtreme Xtras :: Odds and Ends-
Jump to: