Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgher with cries Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgher with cries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Pittsburgher with cries Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgher with cries   Pittsburgher with cries EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:01 am

FOXBORO — It is Steelers Week here, and as always at this time of Steelers Week, the Steelers are winning. Their problem comes on Patriots [team stats] Sunday, which is how Steelers Week usually ends.

“We’re not intimidated by nobody,” Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton boasted yesterday from Pittsburgh.

Surely they’re not. That process usually doesn’t start until around the third quarter of a Patriots Sunday during Steelers Week, although sometimes it has started in the first minute if Tom Brady [stats] was particularly miffed at how the Steelers had put their cleats in their mouth all week.

Every season is different, of course. So is every Steelers Week. It’s just the games that seem the same.

That is why Hampton, who hasn’t played in three weeks because of a sore shoulder but may return Sunday, isn’t intimidated. He, like most of the pugnacious Pittsburghers, keep thinking playing Brady is like playing the stock market: Past success is no guarantee of future gains.

Or, in their case, vice versa.

“It’s not Steelers vs. history,” oft-beaten defensive end Brett Keisel said this week. “It’s Steelers vs. Patriots. You just have to play ball. You don’t have to play history.”

That is true. Unfortunately for the Steelers, they have to play Brady with the ball, and history tells us that when he has it, the Steelers are history.

You might recall the greatest example of this, which came Dec. 9, 2007.

Anthony Smith, a second-year safety out of Syracuse who now is long gone, guaranteed the Steelers would snap the undefeated Patriots’ 12-game winning streak.

Apparently suffering from some sort of delusional episode, Smith said during that Steelers Week talk-a-thon that, “People keep asking me if we’re ready for the Patriots. They should be asking if they’re ready for us. We’re going to win. Yeah, I can guarantee a win.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1376514&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2Fpatriots+%28N.E.+Patriots+-+Patriots+%26+NFL+-+BostonHerald.com%29

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can somebody please kick this guys ass
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgher with cries   Pittsburgher with cries EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:09 am

Quote :
Anthony Smith, a second-year safety out of Syracuse who now is long gone, guaranteed the Steelers would snap the undefeated Patriots’ 12-game winning streak.

Apparently suffering from some sort of delusional episode, Smith said during that Steelers Week talk-a-thon that, “People keep asking me if we’re ready for the Patriots. They should be asking if they’re ready for us. We’re going to win. Yeah, I can guarantee a win.

Anthony Smith went to my high school. With the number of Steelers fans we have in the area, he was huge around here. For a short time.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgher with cries   Pittsburgher with cries EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:43 am

I love how the writer goes back to a game 4 years ago and cites Anthony Smith.... a player who is no longer on our team and was pretty much shipped out of town for this very reason. He was a done-nothing backup with a big mouth who couldn't back it up on the field and was torched mightily. That was one of the main reasons he was let go and you've never heard from him again.

I'll trade not being able to get over the Brady/Pats hump the past 7 years for the 3 Super Bowl appearances with 2 wins any day. The Pats have become famous in that time span for carpet bombing teams in the regular season and promptly choking to death on their own egos in the playoffs. What's more important?

I'd gladly take another bad regular season loss to the Cheats if we could beat the snot out of the Ravens next week and run the table to the Super Bowl again. Pittsburgher with cries 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgher with cries   Pittsburgher with cries Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgher with cries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: