Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSanders will likely miss Week 9 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Sanders will likely miss Week 9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Sanders will likely miss Week 9 Empty
PostSubject: Sanders will likely miss Week 9   Sanders will likely miss Week 9 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:08 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, November 4, 2011

The Steelers expect to be without Emmanuel Sanders on Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.

The wide receiver has been in Texas all week, dealing with the death of his mother, Stephanie. Her funeral is Saturday, and Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said he doesn't anticipate Sanders playing the following night.

"Even if he makes it back in time, I mean this is something that we're not expecting," Arians said Thursday following practice. "It's hard, when you lose your mother at such a young age to be able to come back and play. Our prayers and hearts just go out to him and his family."

Starting wide receiver Hines Ward, who practiced on a limited basis yesterday, has said he will play against the Ravens after missing last week's game because of a sprained ankle. Jerricho Cotchery again will have an increased role in the passing game if Sanders doesn't play.

Read more: Steelers WR Sanders will likely miss Week 9 - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765460.html#ixzz1ci61hivf

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Sanders will likely miss Week 9   Sanders will likely miss Week 9 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:07 am

I can respect the fact that he may not be there, but something tells me that this guy wants to make an impact on Sunday.

I'm not saying I expect him there, but I was thinking something along the lines of what Farve did when his dad passed away. Come out and have a monsterous game.

Either way ES88, take care of your personals, I pray God's Peace and Comfort surround you this weekend as you deal with your personal lose.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Sanders will likely miss Week 9 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Sanders will likely miss Week 9   Sanders will likely miss Week 9 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:13 pm

i think he's out for sunday

can't blame him if he sits this one out
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Sanders will likely miss Week 9   Sanders will likely miss Week 9 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 pm

fer69 wrote:
i think he's out for sunday

can't blame him if he sits this one out

I don't blame him at all.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Sanders will likely miss Week 9 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Sanders will likely miss Week 9   Sanders will likely miss Week 9 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:29 am

it hard losing your mother she is the only woman in your world who will still love you no matter how hard life kicks you in the nuts.

Sanders will likely miss Week 9 1283067935
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Sanders will likely miss Week 9   Sanders will likely miss Week 9 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:34 am

Yeah, I'm glad he's not pulling a Favre and trying to play. Football is just a game. Take care of your family, young man. And we'll see you when you return.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanders will likely miss Week 9   Sanders will likely miss Week 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sanders will likely miss Week 9
Page 1 of 1