Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePolamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers   Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:33 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Steelers have just four takeaways through nine games, and strong safety Troy Polamalu is mystified as anyone as to why the defense hasn't been more opportunistic.

"The saying goes (turnovers) come in bunches, and we're just waiting for that time to come and hopefully it comes soon," Polamalu said.

The Steelers registered 20 takeaways through their first nine games in 2010. They had five in two games last season against the Bengals, whom they visit today for a 1 p.m. game.

"I know a lot of people get caught up in turnovers or run defense or pass offense or whatever it is," said Polamalu, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year. "Whatever can get us out of games winning is the most important thing, and turnovers has a lot to do with that, of course."

Read more: Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_767099.html#ixzz1dYotoaD7
-------------------------------------

I'm not as concerned about the lack of turnovers as I am about their inability to get off the field on third down. Yeah, turnovers would be nice, but I'll settle for a punt.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers   Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Troy looks really bad in pass coverage this year. Too many times he has looked like my toast. Burnt!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers   Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:45 pm

blastfurness wrote:
Troy looks really bad in pass coverage this year. Too many times he has looked like my toast. Burnt!!!!! Twisted Evil
How about that TD pass to Green? That was so bizarre. Troy was standing right there, and all he had to do was put his arms up. He saw the ball coming and just stood there. Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers 294855916

We mentioned that play in the Game Day thread. Troy and Clark looked like a couple of outfielders expecting the other to make the catch, and the ball lands in between them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers   Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Polamalu confident that turnovers will come for Steelers
Page 1 of 1