Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeShould I be happy that  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Should I be happy that

Go down 
+3
stlrtruck
vasteeler
supytalpeht
7 posters
AuthorMessage
supytalpeht

Should I be happy that  Empty
PostSubject: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:52 am

I don't live in RUssia, I'm not a junkie, or both?

Quote :
The home-made drug that Oleg and Sasha inject is known as krokodil, or "crocodile". It is desomorphine, a synthetic opiate many times more powerful than heroin that is created from a complex chain of mixing and chemical reactions, which the addicts perform from memory several times a day. While heroin costs from £20 to £60 per dose, desomorphine can be "cooked" from codeine-based headache pills that cost £2 per pack, and other household ingredients available cheaply from the markets.

It is a drug for the poor, and its effects are horrific. It was given its reptilian name because its poisonous ingredients quickly turn the skin scaly. Worse follows. Oleg and Sasha have not been using for long, but Oleg has rotting sores on the back of his neck.

"If you miss the vein, that's an abscess straight away," says Sasha. Essentially, they are injecting poison directly into their flesh. One of their friends, in a neighbouring apartment block, is further down the line.

"She won't go to hospital, she just keeps injecting. Her flesh is falling off and she can hardly move anymore," says Sasha. Photographs of late-stage krokodil addicts are disturbing in the extreme. Flesh goes grey and peels away to leave bones exposed. People literally rot to death.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/krokodil-the-drug-that-eats-junkies-2300787.html

http://animalnewyork.com/2011/06/flesh-rotting-cheap-heroin-alternative-is-hot-in-russia/

Last edited by supytalpeht on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:10 pm

holy shit that is nasty, im glad i just stick to weed

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 pm

I had to shut off the video man, I was about to Should I be happy that  2744185472

That was absolutely disgusting!!!!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Should I be happy that  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:07 pm

It's cheap and it rots off your flesh? Where do I sign up?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:36 pm

If you're that dumb, you kind of deserve it. No

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

Unfortunately addiction overrules intelligence. I was reading a study yesterday where the researches found that children with IQ's of above average intelligence and beyond were more likely to go onto drug use. They weren't sure why, but speculated that it was to relieve boredom.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:12 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Unfortunately addiction overrules intelligence. I was reading a study yesterday where the researches found that children with IQ's of above average intelligence and beyond were more likely to go onto drug use. They weren't sure why, but speculated that it was to relieve boredom.

Then I guess if you're that smart, you kind of deserve it. Should I be happy that  3798349058

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:36 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

My guess would be because these kids have a lot of pressures on them to excel academically so they use drug use as a coping skill. Also, kids of above average intelligence come from families that are secure financially so they have the monetary means to obtain drugs.
Should I be happy that  2087824411

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Not trying to be a prude, but the first video could be enough to get the board shut down. Forumotion doesn't allow nudity, even if it's not sexual in nature.

Against my better judgment, I'll leave the link for now. If anyone wants to see it, they can follow the link.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Not trying to be a prude, but the first video could be enough to get the board shut down. Forumotion doesn't allow nudity, even if it's not sexual in nature.

Against my better judgment, I'll leave the link for now. If anyone wants to see it, they can follow the link.

Screw that noise.

I removed it. I didn't watch the whole thing and missed the offending part. Some might say the whole thing was pretty offensive.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:00 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Screw that noise.

I removed it. I didn't watch the whole thing and missed the offending part. Some might say the whole thing was pretty offensive.

Thanks, Supy! I didn't make it the whole way through, so I didn't even catch the "offending material". We all (including me) need to be more aware of what's in the videos we post. We don't want to get shut down. Everyone just please be careful and vigilant. Even if you aren't a mod/admin and you see something questionable, please PM a mod/admin (preferably one that is on at the time if possible) and report it to be on the safe side. It could just be what saves this place. Should I be happy that  184121345

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:29 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Screw that noise.

Should I be happy that  230572241

For the record, that drug and its effects are messed up, to say the least.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:43 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

My guess would be because these kids have a lot of pressures on them to excel academically so they use drug use as a coping skill. Also, kids of above average intelligence come from families that are secure financially so they have the monetary means to obtain drugs.
Should I be happy that  2087824411

if you had said kids with a higher education come from financially secure families i could agree with that. being intelligent has nothing to do with income. believe me i dont make that much money but i have the smartest kid in the county and his test scores prove it.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:28 pm

vasteeler wrote:

if you had said kids with a higher education come from financially secure families i could agree with that. being intelligent has nothing to do with income. believe me i dont make that much money but i have the smartest kid in the county and his test scores prove it.

I wasn't generalizing my personal opinion VA. I work with kids from all SES backgrounds and I know that money has nothing to do with intelligence. The statistics, however, show that generally intelligence and SES have a correlation because those in higher SES families send their kids to schools with more resources, the parents are generally able to invest more in their child's education, and often have more time (due to only having one job) to spend on their child's education. That being said, there are a lot of X factors such as the parent's willingness to be active in their child's education.

Again, I am in NO WAY taking the stance saying that money has to do with education, I'm just stating what the statistics show.

PostSubject: Re: Should I be happy that    Should I be happy that  Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I be happy that
Page 1 of 1