Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHe says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? Empty
PostSubject: He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more?   He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:22 am

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers coaches could have displayed better bedside manners when they benched Hines Ward last week.

Maybe the coaching staff believes that veteran receiver Jerricho Cotchery, in his first season with the Steelers, can help the team more than Ward, in his 14th season with the Steelers.

And maybe they are correct. Hines Ward himself said Tuesday that he is "owed nothing" by the coaches. But this someday Hall of Fame candidate deserved one thing -- more respect through a simple, quiet meeting with one of his coaches to tell him that his role had changed.

This isn't some fly-by-night player here. This is the most decorated and productive receiver in Steelers history, a Super Bowl MVP and often the face and spokesman for the team.

It's not wrong that he lost his starting status or was dropped to No. 4 or even No. 5 on the depth chart. But someone owed him at least a heads-up that it was going to happen and maybe even an explanation as to why. Ward obviously could see it coming by how he was used in practices, but would it have hurt to have someone tell him before the practice week started?

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11324/1191240-66-0.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1eER49Q7z
--------------------------------------------

Hmmm, I never even considered this, but Bouchette makes a good point.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? Empty
PostSubject: Re: He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more?   He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:02 am

At least he has the right attitude and is displaying the things that a true team player should show.

However, I believe that the coaches should have given Hines the respect he deserves. We don't know what happened, we don't know if he's still suffereing concussion like symptoms (which I'm sure will bring cheers from ratbird fans), and we don't know if Hines could have said something to let the coaches know he couldn't go.

I do believe that the coches and Ben will work Hines in to the fold so he can reach certain career achievements. They OWE HIM AT LEAST THAT MUCH!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more?   He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:00 am

Typical Hines response. He is a Steeler through and through. I also agree that he has earned some respect and I'm not sure he's getting it right now but who knows what he and Tomlin have talked about in private.
I'm pretty sure from here on out every catch he makes will be thunderous applause! He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? 1372836603
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more?   He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:56 am

solardave wrote:
Typical Hines response. He is a Steeler through and through. I also agree that he has earned some respect and I'm not sure he's getting it right now but who knows what he and Tomlin have talked about in private.
I'm pretty sure from here on out every catch he makes will be thunderous applause! He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? 1372836603

And a well deserved one at that!!!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more?   He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more? Empty

Back to top Go down

He says he's 'owed nothing,' but doesn't Hines Ward deserve a little more?
Page 1 of 1