Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePouncey improving after battling virus Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pouncey improving after battling virus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Pouncey improving after battling virus Empty
PostSubject: Pouncey improving after battling virus   Pouncey improving after battling virus EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:19 pm

By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com
Posted 17 minutes ago

Center Maurkice Pouncey returned to practice on Thursday after battling a stomach virus that caused him to lose 12 pounds.

“It was terrible,” said Pouncey. “I had a big-time stomach virus and you know what that leads to. I couldn’t stop using the rest room. I lost a lot of weight, but I am back fine now.”

Pouncey, who practiced on a limited basis, started the Kansas City game but left early due to the virus symptoms.

“I was having dry heaves,” said Pouncey of how he felt during the game. “Every time I tried to get to the ball I kept on trying to throw up. When I got to the locker room my stomach was cramping up real bad. They gave me a lot of good medicine to help me out.”

Before he could make it to the locker room, though, Pouncey did get sick on the field.

“My body was weak and I just couldn’t handle it anymore,” he said. “I was on the sidelines gagging and stuff. I did throw up right on the field. I don’t think anyone saw it. It was during a time out. I was walking toward the huddle when it happened.

“It stinks. I hope it never happens to me or anybody.”

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Pouncey-improving-after-battling-virus/605dd503-f9e7-40d2-b27f-826cc2b2389b

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey improving after battling virus   Pouncey improving after battling virus EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Quote :
“My body was weak and I just couldn’t handle it anymore,” he said. “I was on the sidelines gagging and stuff. I did throw up right on the field. I don’t think anyone saw it. It was during a time out. I was walking toward the huddle when it happened.

This reminds me of an interview I saw with Mark Schereth(sp?). He was talking about standing in the huddle and peeing in his pants. He basically said my whole body hurts I'm not going to hold this for the next 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey improving after battling virus   Pouncey improving after battling virus EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Quote :
"I did throw up right on the field. I don’t think anyone saw it."

Don't let Goodell hear about this. Pouncey improving after battling virus 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey improving after battling virus   Pouncey improving after battling virus EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

Don't let Goodell hear about this. Pouncey improving after battling virus 1505004552

He'll be getting a hefty fine from the league for endangering "player safety". Somebody could have run out of the tunnel, slipped on his puke, and blown out their Achilles. Pouncey improving after battling virus 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey improving after battling virus   Pouncey improving after battling virus EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:53 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

He'll be getting a hefty fine from the league for endangering "player safety". Somebody could have run out of the tunnel, slipped on his puke, and blown out their Achilles. Pouncey improving after battling virus 3798349058

Unsportsmanlike puking? Pouncey improving after battling virus 1797695198 Lucky he didn't poop himself. Goodell would have called a forefit. Pouncey improving after battling virus 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey improving after battling virus   Pouncey improving after battling virus EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:51 pm

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

Unsportsmanlike puking? Pouncey improving after battling virus 1797695198 Lucky he didn't poop himself. Goodell would have called a forefit. Pouncey improving after battling virus 3798349058

Wouldn't that be a "foreshit"? Pouncey improving after battling virus 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey improving after battling virus   Pouncey improving after battling virus Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1