Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOnce Upon a Time Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Once Upon a Time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:32 am

Is anyone watching this? I'm betting that Mom would like this show.

I saw promos for it and thought it looked really stupid. The show is about Disney fairytale characters (Snow White, Prince Charming, Cinderella, etc.) who get trapped in our world by the Evil Queen, and they don't remember who they are. Definitely not something I'd normally be interested in. Then I found out that the show is written by two of the writers from Lost. That intrigued me, so I took a look. Once you get past the hokeyness of it, it's actually really good. Like Lost, it's a continuing story, so you have to watch it from the beginning.

They've even thrown in quite a few Lost references. The number 108 was important in Lost:

Once Upon a Time Lost-108-570x321

And in Once Upon a Time, the Evil Queen's address in the real world is, you guessed it:

Once Upon a Time OUAT-pilot-108-on-door

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:27 pm

i thought this was going to be another greatest story thread Once Upon a Time 312503953

i havent even heard of this show Once Upon a Time 2087824411
seems interesting though

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:11 pm

I've heard of it, I just have a general mistrust for network dramas (well...most network shows actually outside of Law and Order, Criminal Minds, How I Met Your Mother and The Simpsons).

I might check it out sometime. We've recently tried to get into Grimm on NBC, and that's pretty close to drawing the line in hokeyness for me lol.

It sounds like something that might be pretty good, and it's a good idea for a show...I'm just guessing it could probably be even better if it were on Showtime or HBO, or even AMC or A&E.

All the episodes are on Hulu for free, so that will definitely help in me checking it out sometime when I'm bored and can't sleep (maybe even tonight).

supytalpeht

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:43 pm

I've been watching it, haven't made up my mind about it yet.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i thought this was going to be another greatest story thread Once Upon a Time 312503953
Once Upon a Time 1664291743 I thought about that when I posted it.

SteelCityMom wrote:
I've heard of it, I just have a general mistrust for network dramas (well...most network shows actually outside of Law and Order, Criminal Minds, How I Met Your Mother and The Simpsons).

I might check it out sometime. We've recently tried to get into Grimm on NBC, and that's pretty close to drawing the line in hokeyness for me lol.

It sounds like something that might be pretty good, and it's a good idea for a show...I'm just guessing it could probably be even better if it were on Showtime or HBO, or even AMC or A&E.

All the episodes are on Hulu for free, so that will definitely help in me checking it out sometime when I'm bored and can't sleep (maybe even tonight).
I know what you mean about network shows. I don't have any premium channels, so I don't watch a lot of TV other than sports and news. Other than the final season, I thought Lost was a phenomenal show. I spent more time on message boards talking about it and coming up with theories than I did actually watching the show. It was a fun ride. This show will be similar, although not as complex. I fully expect to be disappointed in the end, but I'll enjoy the ride.

I haven't seen any of Grimm, but from what I've heard, I think it's darker than Once Upon a Time, which is on Sundays at 8 ... Disney's "family hour." What I like about Once Upon a Time is who's behind it. The writers will keep it interesting and give viewers lots to think and talk about.

supytalpeht wrote:
Yeah, it's not "the greatest" show on TV. But if it turns out anything like Lost, it's going to be a fun ride. I hope you stick with it so we can theorize.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Once Upon a Time 1664291743 I thought about that when I posted it.

SteelCityMom wrote:

I know what you mean about network shows. I don't have any premium channels, so I don't watch a lot of TV other than sports and news. Other than the final season, I thought Lost was a phenomenal show. I spent more time on message boards talking about it and coming up with theories than I did actually watching the show. It was a fun ride. This show will be similar, although not as complex. I fully expect to be disappointed in the end, but I'll enjoy the ride.

I haven't seen any of Grimm, but from what I've heard, I think it's darker than Once Upon a Time, which is on Sundays at 8 ... Disney's "family hour." What I like about Once Upon a Time is who's behind it. The writers will keep it interesting and give viewers lots to think and talk about.

supytalpeht wrote:
Yeah, it's not "the greatest" show on TV. But if it turns out anything like Lost, it's going to be a fun ride. I hope you stick with it so we can theorize.

I haven't given up on it yet, it just hasn't grabbed me like Northern Exposure, Seinfeld, Lost, X-Files... Grimm on the other hand is essentially just another police drama w/ a stupid twist .
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 am

supytalpeht wrote:
I haven't given up on it yet, it just hasn't grabbed me like Northern Exposure, Seinfeld, Lost, X-Files... Grimm on the other hand is essentially just another police drama w/ a stupid twist .

Those are some great shows, and I doubt this one will be in the same league. But considering it's a show about fairytales and I've watched the first 5 episodes and eagerly await Sunday's episode, that says something.

Here's my first theory (really early and probably completely wrong):

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Good episode tonight. I thought they were rushing the story line between David and Mary Margaret. Then they threw in a twist. I also liked the twin angle. I didn't see that coming.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:49 am

Did you catch the reference to Lost in last nights episode?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:08 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
No, what was it? I'll probably kick myself for missing it.

Another reference I liked was how the clock was stopped at 8:15.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

They showed a bottle of MacCutcheon single malt, same stuff Widmore drank. When Desmond went to ask for Penny's hand in marriage he broke that stuff out and went on a spiel about how much it cost and how little Desmond was worth.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:32 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

They showed a bottle of MacCutcheon single malt, same stuff Widmore drank. When Desmond went to ask for Penny's hand in marriage he broke that stuff out and went on a spiel about how much it cost and how little Desmond was worth.
I remember it in Lost, but I didn't notice it in OUAT. I'm assuming that's what Emma and Mary Margaret were drinking?

And by the way, I don't know if you participated in any Lost boards, but I did ... tons of fun. There's a new Once Upon A Time board. Once Upon a Time 1890901109

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:11 am

OUaT is must see TV for me. I love the show.

Wallace, there's a message board that I lurk at that gives me insight into the show. You mentioned you hung out at a message board while watching LOST, so I thought I might share the link with you in the event you are also following OUaT. There is also a thread for LOST shout-outs as they relate to OUaT, although right now it's on Page 2.

I'm sure there are a ton of other message boards out there, too, but I like to read this one ~

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=7b7f5dfd68ebe1f47f610a8aff3a7eb6&showforum=1206

If you know of any others, please let me know.

Regarding this week's episode, I didn't see it coming that Red Riding Hood was actually the wolf. I also wonder whose heart is really in the box. I don't think it's Kathryn's.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 am

Lady Steel wrote:
OUaT is must see TV for me. I love the show.

Wallace, there's a message board that I lurk at that gives me insight into the show. You mentioned you hung out at a message board while watching LOST, so I thought I might share the link with you in the event you are also following OUaT. There is also a thread for LOST shout-outs as they relate to OUaT, although right now it's on Page 2.

I'm sure there are a ton of other message boards out there, too, but I like to read this one ~

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=7b7f5dfd68ebe1f47f610a8aff3a7eb6&showforum=1206

If you know of any others, please let me know.

Regarding this week's episode, I didn't see it coming that Red Riding Hood was actually the wolf. I also wonder whose heart is really in the box. I don't think it's Kathryn's.

I was following this forum for a while: http://onceuponatimefans.net/

When I was watching Lost, I got so wrapped up in a forum that it consumed way too much of my time. It was a lot of fun, but I don't have the energy to get that wrapped up in a show again. So I've been staying away from the forums as of late. But I'll check out the link you provided and probably get sucked back in. Once Upon a Time 2625562446

Red being the wolf was a nice twist ... I didn't see that one coming. And I like how it foreshadowed Mary Margaret's prints being on the box instead of David's. Regina has a supply of hearts, so there's no telling who it belongs to. But I agree with you that it's probably not Kathryn's.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Once Upon a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time   Once Upon a Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Once Upon a Time
Page 1 of 1