Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Killing Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Killing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jjmjmay

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: The Killing   The Killing EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 am

AMC mini series on Sunday nights @ 10pm. They usually show the previous episode just befor hand. This Sunday will be the 4th episode. They probably show the others during the week or online if you wanted to catch up.

Its dark, but really good TV. AMC's original productions are very high quality and well done even if your not into the content.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:48 pm

jjmjmay wrote:
AMC mini series on Sunday nights @ 10pm. They usually show the previous episode just befor hand. This Sunday will be the 4th episode. They probably show the others during the week or online if you wanted to catch up.

Its dark, but really good TV. AMC's original productions are very high quality and well done even if your not into the content.

I saw ads for that and forgot all about it. It looked good. I might have to check it out. You did get me into "Firefly" after all. The Killing 184121345

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 am

jjmjmay wrote:

Have you kept up with all the episodes to date? I'm really enjoying it so far, the pace is perfect and it really keeps you on your toes. I love the setting as well, always raining in Seattle, perfect place for a story like this.

This is bound to go down with the other AMC Classics like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and I'm sure The Walking Dead will be considered an AMC Classic before long...
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:11 am

"The Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad" are phenomenal shows. I can't wait for the new "Dead" shows.

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
"The Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad" are phenomenal shows. I can't wait for the new "Dead" shows.

I keep kicking myself because for the second time, AMC is running their entire Breaking Bad series every Wednesday night...but I always forget to record it one of the Wednesdays. I'm only part way through Season 1, but from what I've seen I have really liked it.

Mad Men is very good. The acting is top notch.

The Walking Dead kind of let me down as the season went along. The first episode was just extraordinary, and I felt like the intensity kind of slowed down as it went along. Not to say it wasn't great though, it was still the best show on TV no doubt about it. I can't wait to see next season as well.
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 am

[quote="mcg24Have you kept up with all the episodes to date? I'm really enjoying it so far, the pace is perfect and it really keeps you on your toes. I love the setting as well, always raining in Seattle, perfect place for a story like this.

This is bound to go down with the other AMC Classics like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and I'm sure The Walking Dead will be considered an AMC Classic before long...[/quote]

I've watched them all from the premier. I wait until its about 15-20min in so I can fast forward the comercials because Its too good to wait. I'm totally hooked. It moves slowley but so intensly like at any moment something will break. I love the way all the characters are starting to be developed. Its not one of those shows where your like get back to this aspect of the story or that because every line they follow is well developed thus far and very interesting.
Linden and Holder, can't get enough of their interactions. I could see it going a few different ways but certainly a great ying/yang partnership in the making.
Oh how about Stan Larsen's suddenly very interesting back story? That one crept up on me for sure.

I've never scene Breaking Bad. Really want to and didn't realize that it was being rrerun in its entirelty. Crap! I guess I'll buy the first season adn start recording wed nite's when season 2 starts. The Walking Dead I only saw like 4 episodes, were there more than that? I thought it was great though. Maybe not as good as The Killing but very entertaining. Never seen Mad Men, I'll have to keep an eye out 4 it.
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm

jjmjmay wrote:
[quote="mcg24Have you kept up with all the episodes to date? I'm really enjoying it so far, the pace is perfect and it really keeps you on your toes. I love the setting as well, always raining in Seattle, perfect place for a story like this.

This is bound to go down with the other AMC Classics like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and I'm sure The Walking Dead will be considered an AMC Classic before long...

I've never scene Breaking Bad. Really want to and didn't realize that it was being rrerun in its entirelty. Crap! I guess I'll buy the first season adn start recording wed nite's when season 2 starts. The Walking Dead I only saw like 4 episodes, were there more than that? I thought it was great though. Maybe not as good as The Killing but very entertaining. Never seen Mad Men, I'll have to keep an eye out 4 it.[/quote]

There were only 6 episodes of The Walking Dead so you really didn't miss too much. All The Walking Dead writers are gone for season 2 by the way, so I feel like we may have a much better season coming up in October.
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:45 am

I really can't wait for this show to come on Sunday evenings. Intensely slow moving can't wait for this next episode.
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 am

This show is about as dramatic a show as I ever remember enjoying. The drama seems very realistic and believable. I can't really think of anything that I have watched thats done the way this show is. I am unable to look away once its starts. Its certainly isn't uplifting or fun but I still can't wait until Sunday evenings to see it.
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 am

I haven't been back to this thread for a while....so now that the first season is over I'll post again. The season finale sucked. Just so everyone knows, there will be a couple spoilers just in case you haven't seen it...

They didn't follow through on the year long marketing campaign that they used against us. "Who Killed Rosie Larsen?" Yes...that's why we all tuned in. And we didn't find out? What the f.............who made that goddamn decision? And now Belko tries to kill Richmond (they don't even have the balls to show us whether he succeeds or not)? Why is Belko trying to kill Richmond, doesn't he have the goddamn common sense to realize that last time he tried to kill the supposed Rosie Larsen killer it ended up being a huge mistake? And it was a huge mistake again. What an absolute idiot. This show has gotten ridiculous. They said the last 5 minutes of the show would have us talking all summer. They were right, those last 5 minutes were the most disappointing 5 minutes of my life. My heart was racing because I was waiting to find out how it would all come together. Well it didn't come together. What a piece of shit finale.

Well there's my rant. How'd you guys feel??? The Killing 1797695198

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am

mcg24 wrote:
I haven't been back to this thread for a while....so now that the first season is over I'll post again. The season finale sucked. Just so everyone knows, there will be a couple spoilers just in case you haven't seen it...

They didn't follow through on the year long marketing campaign that they used against us. "Who Killed Rosie Larsen?" Yes...that's why we all tuned in. And we didn't find out? What the f.............who made that goddamn decision? And now Belko tries to kill Richmond (they don't even have the balls to show us whether he succeeds or not)? Why is Belko trying to kill Richmond, doesn't he have the goddamn common sense to realize that last time he tried to kill the supposed Rosie Larsen killer it ended up being a huge mistake? And it was a huge mistake again. What an absolute idiot. This show has gotten ridiculous. They said the last 5 minutes of the show would have us talking all summer. They were right, those last 5 minutes were the most disappointing 5 minutes of my life. My heart was racing because I was waiting to find out how it would all come together. Well it didn't come together. What a piece of shit finale.

Well there's my rant. How'd you guys feel??? The Killing 1797695198

Belko is an idiot of course he learned nothing from the last time. That dude has some serious issues. Bennett could have avoided everything by simply telling the Linden what was going on with the muslim girl. Not saying he deserved it but come on how stupid can you be when you know you're the prime suspect in a murder investigation. I do agree if your going to finish the season that way then hav the balls to show us wether or not he at least shot Richmond. That sucked.

You know that they weren't going to outright let us know who Killed Rosie in the finally when they are trying to sell you on season 2. That tag is for the whole series not just season 1. Plus we may know. Richmond was out that night in the rain, the care she was found in was at that gas station. Season 2 may be about nailing Richmond with some real evidence since the photo was a fake. Sure its possible that someone else did it and he simply went out for a run all night but he was using those girls and doing it right up until Rosie was killed. Of course someone could have been trying to set him up . . . . . could be a lot of people.

My biggest beaf was that Holder used that fake photo. Why, who's he talking to and how does he think people won't find out. Also Linden hasn't been shown talking to her fiance in how many episodes? Since he basically gave her a chhoice and she stayed. So she's just hoping a plane and what >>>>>>> all is good, he has no idea they are coming? Who knows but we know she knows the photo is a fake so she'll come back because she is obsessed with finding out who really did it and she will now have doubts.

I agree with the Belko finish and not seeing it, that was weak. I also hated to see Holder a character that I was really beginning to see in a new light do something that stupid. Then the whole Linden and her Fiance deal was simply confusing because they give us no info as to whats going on and IMO had left it as being over after that hotel seen 3-4 episodes ago. Overall I still can;t wait for season 2.
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm

I haven't read the whole thread but you guys should check out the original Danish series. It's a lot better and way more intense. However, i watched the Danish one after only watching four of the American one so I don't know how it'll play if you've already seen quite a bit of the story.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:45 am

Season two started last night. I almost missed it but they aired the replay at 11 so its on the DVR waiting. Should be interesting to see how they start it off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing Empty

Back to top Go down

The Killing
Page 1 of 1