Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen Roethlisberger hoping to play Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play Empty
PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play   Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Updated: December 21, 2011, 5:40 PM ET
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger spent Monday night gingerly limping up and down the field at Candlestick Park on one leg not caring, to be honest, how he'd feel the next day.

Turns out, he was pleasantly surprised.

"I didn't think I'd be able to walk," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "It actually feels a lot better than I thought it would."

Good enough, Roethlisberger hopes, to play against St. Louis on Saturday.

Despite speculation the Steelers (10-4) might sit him for both of the team's final games to make sure he's healthy when the playoffs begin, Roethlisberger insisted he's doing everything he can to help keep Pittsburgh's hopes for an AFC North title alive.

"I've said many times I want to go and I'll try and be ... ready to go," he said.

Roethlisberger passed for 330 yards but also turned over the ball four times in a 20-3 loss to San Francisco while playing with his badly sprained left ankle in a brace he equated to a prosthetic limb.

He took the blame for the turnovers and allowed the injury forced him to modify the way he throws because he was concerned about taking a bad step.

"If you go back and look, sometimes there were guys around my feet and I didn't get as much depth on the drop," Roethlisberger said. "I just couldn't step into some of the throws and that, I think, was a factor a little bit."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7376465/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-optimistic-play-saturday

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play   Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Or...... Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play 2087824411

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d82547d71/Big-Ben-likely-out-vs-Rams

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play   Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:21 pm

The only way he should see the field before the playoffs is if the ravens happen to lose on Saturday or maybe a couple of possessions against the Browns as a tune up. Take the two weeks and get Ben, Troy, Sanders, Mendy, Moore, Woodley, Pouncey et al healthy.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play   Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:29 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
The only way he should see the field before the playoffs is if the ravens happen to lose on Saturday or maybe a couple of possessions against the Browns as a tune up. Take the two weeks and get Ben, Troy, Sanders, Mendy, Moore, Woodley, Pouncey et al healthy.

I agree with everything here, but the highlighted part, as unlikely as it already appeared, seems virtually impossible after reading this article.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/mccoy-not-practicing-with-browns/article_66aa5b16-42a2-5425-aa4d-0b9fbf1f7fa4.html

Try to beat the Rams with your healthy backups. They are basically a JV high school team anyway and can be handled with the subs if they are worth anything. I'd only even consider starting Ben against the Browns (if we beat the Rams) just in case the Ravens lose another road game to Cinci in their final regular season game.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play   Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 am

It's the NFL, anything can happen. For crying out loud, the Chefs cooked the Cheese (see what I did there?)

What team doesn't love to play spoiler?

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play   Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

didn't want Ben to play in the 9ers game Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play 131212936

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play   Ben Roethlisberger hoping to play Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1