Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTomlin brings own approach Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tomlin brings own approach

Go down 
+3
vasteeler
stlrtruck
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Tomlin brings own approach Empty
PostSubject: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:12 am

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Mike Tomlin showed during the past three years that he isn't interested in resting players in a regular-season finale, regardless of whether playoff seeding had been locked up.

So with a chance of the Steelers climbing from the AFC's fifth seed to possibly the top seed — and getting a first-round bye — with a win at Cleveland on Sunday, Tomlin's approach isn't about to change. Even when it comes to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"The guys who are deemed healthy to play will prepare and ultimately play for us this weekend," Tomlin said at his weekly news conference Tuesday.

Tomlin adopted that approach after resting key players like Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward in a meaningless Week 17 game at Baltimore in 2007. The Steelers lost to the Ravens, then lost the following week to Jacksonville at Heinz Field in a wild-card playoff game.

Tomlin has not rested his starters in a season finale since.

"There are some scenarios that can unfold that we can improve our playoff position. We are aware of that," Tomlin said. "We are also aware that all of those scenarios include us winning this football game."

Tomlin wouldn't say whether Roethlisberger will practice Wednesday after missing last week's game against the St. Louis Rams with a high-ankle sprain. But he said Charlie Batch's performance against the Rams — 15 of 22 for 208 yards — would not impact his decision.

A year ago, Tomlin rested Roethlisberger most of the second half against the Browns when the Week 17 game got out of hand. The Steelers needed to win to clinch the No. 2 seed, a first-round bye and the division title.

Tomlin hasn't ruled out that scenario for Sunday.

Read more: Steelers coach Tomlin brings own approach - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_773921.html#ixzz1ho6b6xql

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:35 am

I'm not so sure that this injury is worth the risk. As a coach, you've got to weigh the rewards vs. consequences. Knowing how aggressive the browns were in the first game, Tomlin needs to rethink his agenda. Is it regular season victories or conquering the post season?

Ben may be healthy enough but I honestly believe that regardless of scenario you don't play him the entire game. As for other injuries, I think some other players should be limited too - Woodley comes to mind.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Tomlin brings own approach 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:04 pm

well the good thing is that the rats/kitties game is before ours. if the rats lose then they should start ben if the rats win....sit him

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 pm

vasteeler wrote:
well the good thing is that the rats/kitties game is before ours. if the rats lose then they should start ben if the rats win....sit him

I think they moved both games to 4:15.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I believe you are correct.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I believe you are correct.

Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526 Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526 Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Yup, as well as the Denver and Oakland games...which means the Bengals will have something to play for also.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:22 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Yup, as well as the Denver and Oakland games...which means the Bengals will have something to play for also.

Which probably means the Ravens game will be aired in my area over the Steelers game. Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526

Which also means I'll have to shell out another $45.00 (third time this year) to get the Sunday ticket for the day! Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526 Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526

I guess I should have just gotten the ticket for the whole damn year at this rate. Tomlin brings own approach 2087824411 Tomlin brings own approach 294855916

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Which probably means the Ravens game will be aired in my area over the Steelers game. Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526

Which also means I'll have to shell out another $45.00 (third time this year) to get the Sunday ticket for the day! Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526 Tomlin brings own approach 2913999526

I guess I should have just gotten the ticket for the whole damn year at this rate. Tomlin brings own approach 2087824411 Tomlin brings own approach 294855916

NFL broadcast map

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk17.html
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:37 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

NFL broadcast map

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk17.html

Shit. Tomlin brings own approach 3146839497

It looks like my fears have come true. Tomlin brings own approach 3201610882

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Buddha,

What area are you in? I'm in Bungles land here in Kentucky.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 pm

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Buddha,

What area are you in? I'm in Bungles land here in Kentucky.

I'm in Southeastern York County, PA about an hour North of Baltimore, MD.

Why? Are you trying to collect the bounty? Tomlin brings own approach 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin brings own approach   Tomlin brings own approach Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomlin brings own approach
Page 1 of 1