Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong Empty
PostSubject: Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong   Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:08 pm

By Steve Doerschuk
CantonRep.com staff writer

BEREA —

The 36th pick of the 2009 draft got cut Nov. 1.

The 50th pick of the 2009 draft has 1,475 receiving yards in three seasons.

The 84th pick of the 2009 draft racked up 1,275 last year and has 1,182 this year — and was named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday.

Don’t say Mike Wallace didn’t warn them.

No. 36, wide receiver Brian Robiskie, and No. 50, wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, both were Browns picks. After the NFL in general and Cleveland in particular thought something was too wrong with Wallace to take much of a chance, No. 84 vowed to make them pay.

“It’s always gonna drive me,” Wallace said Wednesday. “It’s not just the Browns. It’s every team in the whole NFL.”

Teams that drafted wide receivers before Pittsburgh got Wallace were Oakland (Darrius Heyward-Bey, No. 7 overall); San Francisco (Michael Crabtree, No. 10); Philadelphia (No. 19, Jeremy Maclin); Minnesota (Percy Harvin, No. 22); New York Giants (Hakeem Nicks, No. 29); Tennessee (Kenny Britt, No. 30); Cleveland (Robiskie and Massaquoi); Detroit (Derrick Williams, No. 82) and New England (Brandon Tate, No. 83).

Among them, the top producers in 2011 have been Nicks with 1,116 yards, Harvin with 852, Heyward-Bey with 845, Crabtree with 788 and Maclin with 754.

The Steelers paid less and got more from Wallace, with his 71 catches for 1,182 yards and eight touchdowns.

Meanwhile, Robiskie had three catches this season before the Browns let him go. The other 2009 second-rounder, Massaquoi, has 29 catches for 368 yards. Pittsburgh drafted an elite wide receiver corps with the third-rounder, Wallace, and with 2010 Round 6 pick Antonio Brown, who has caught 63 passes for 1,018 yards.

Wallace admits it helps to have a quarterback who knows what he is doing.

“I never realized how great a player Ben (Roethlisberger) was,” said Wallace, who played college ball at Ole Miss. “I kind of under-appreciated him. He’s got everything you need. Soft touch, great awareness, great spin on the ball ... a competitor. And he’s fun to play with.”

READ MORE: http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x545138147/Wallace-keeps-proving-Browns-NFL-wrong

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong   Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Steelers #1 and #2 WRs next are 3rd and 6th round draft picks Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong 3562723908 Steelers scouting department did a great job on these two and imo Wallace and Brown are #1 quality WRs.

Now the Steelers front office need to uncover some big uglies, o-linemen for the offense, and a NT to go with Hood and Heyward. A fast MLB would be icing on the cake.

I want more speed at the Linebacker possition. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong   Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:31 am

effyou515 wrote:

Steelers #1 and #2 WRs next are 3rd and 6th round draft picks Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong 3562723908 Steelers scouting department did a great job on these two and imo Wallace and Brown are #1 quality WRs.

Now the Steelers front office need to uncover some big uglies, o-linemen for the offense, and a NT to go with Hood and Heyward. A fast MLB would be icing on the cake.

That sounds very similar to my wish list as well, eff. Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong 184121345

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong   Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

That sounds very similar to my wish list as well, eff. Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong 184121345

Man, it looks like mine too. Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong 3135543967 Somebody been readin' my mail. Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong   Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace keeps proving Browns, NFL wrong
Page 1 of 1