Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWoody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how

Go down 
+2
solardave
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how Empty
PostSubject: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:05 pm

By Woody Paige​
The Denver Post

Let's start with the gameplan first. You may have read my interview with John Elway, which appeared Wednesday, in which he said Tim Tebow must "pull the trigger." That's the first, and foremost, thing the Broncos must do offensively. Tebow has played tentative and, I think, afraid to throw because of the interception issue.

What's the worst thing that can happen if he throws 50 yards down the field? It's intercepted. Like a punt. Tebow always has told me he is not interested in statistics. Well, let loose, Tim. Play as you did against Oklahoma in the BCS Championship. Throw as you did against the Texans last year (for 300 yards). Throw as you did against the Vikings this year. Throw with confidence. Throw before the wide receiver makes his break. Throw over the middle. What's the worst thing that will happen? The Broncos will lose to the Steelers, as they likely will, anyway.

Offensive coordinators have told me for more than 40 years that you get the quarterback into a rhythm right away by throwing three or four passes they're best at, they're comfortable with, and they can complete. The Broncos need to do that on the first series. Throw a screen, flip the ball to a back, throw a safe pass to Eddie Royal after he's gone in motion across the backfield. Get Tebow into the flow as a passer right away, and get his confidence level up. ...

I'd surprise Pittsburgh and open up with passing to set up the run. The Steelers​ aren't expecting passes on first and second down. Well, you say, you give the Steelers more chances to score? Since Ben Rothlisberger got hurt, the Steelers aren't scoring, either. Without Mendenhall, they won't have a great running game, and Big Ben can't scramble around on that ankle.

READ MORE: http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19675191

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
By Woody Paige​
The Denver Post

Let's start with the gameplan first. You may have read my interview with John Elway, which appeared Wednesday, in which he said Tim Tebow must "pull the trigger." That's the first, and foremost, thing the Broncos must do offensively. Tebow has played tentative and, I think, afraid to throw because of the interception issue.

What's the worst thing that can happen if he throws 50 yards down the field? It's intercepted. Like a punt. Tebow always has told me he is not interested in statistics. Well, let loose, Tim. Play as you did against Oklahoma in the BCS Championship. Throw as you did against the Texans last year (for 300 yards). Throw as you did against the Vikings this year. Throw with confidence. Throw before the wide receiver makes his break. Throw over the middle. What's the worst thing that will happen? The Broncos will lose to the Steelers, as they likely will, anyway.

Offensive coordinators have told me for more than 40 years that you get the quarterback into a rhythm right away by throwing three or four passes they're best at, they're comfortable with, and they can complete. The Broncos need to do that on the first series. Throw a screen, flip the ball to a back, throw a safe pass to Eddie Royal after he's gone in motion across the backfield. Get Tebow into the flow as a passer right away, and get his confidence level up. ...

I'd surprise Pittsburgh and open up with passing to set up the run. The Steelers​ aren't expecting passes on first and second down. Well, you say, you give the Steelers more chances to score? Since Ben Rothlisberger got hurt, the Steelers aren't scoring, either. Without Mendenhall, they won't have a great running game, and Big Ben can't scramble around on that ankle.

READ MORE: http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19675191

Good plan. Two things I half to coun ter with. Troy can take it to the house and so can Gay. Ike can to if he'd catch the damn ball.(don't get me started there). Second I think our running game will be better with a downhill no nonsense RB like Redman (if he hangs onto the ball and still runs hard). I think that pretty much covers there game plan. Now about ours. Use Redman early. Set up the pass with him softening up the Denver D. Then throw the ball down field to Wallace. Whats the worst that can happen? An INT. Heath up the middle between the LBs and the safeties. Brown on the slant and please BA no damn bubble screens.I HATE BUBBLE SCREENS!!! I have to hold my breathe thing the DB is going to step in and take one to the house. Now that's one way Denver could pull one out.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Tebow get a concussion in this game Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how 1797695198

Would be great if the Steelers put up 14 quick points in this game.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:11 pm

It's apparent this guy doesn't watch much Steelers. If he thinks our running game is not as great without Mendenhall they he obviously hasn't seen Redman run the ball at all this year.

To be honest with you, it wouldn't surprise me if the broncos tried to throw the ball to set up the run. But with McGahee, the broncos would be setting themselves up for failure if they don't utilize him often. McGahee is the best chance for the broncos to keep this close and take some pressure off Tebow. But then again McGahee may be thinking about Ryan Clark.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 pm

"The Broncos can beat the Steelers"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 pm

This game makes me nervous. Ben, Pouncey, and Woodley playing at less than 100%. Clark sitting out. Mendy gone. Considered Overwhelming favorites by bookies, football experts, and fans alike.

This is going to be a much tougher game than most people are making it out to be. Say what you want about Mendy, him being out is a huge blow. Redman is not a featured back, period.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:24 am

hindes204 wrote:
This game makes me nervous. Ben, Pouncey, and Woodley playing at less than 100%. Clark sitting out. Mendy gone. Considered Overwhelming favorites by bookies, football experts, and fans alike.

This is going to be a much tougher game than most people are making it out to be. Say what you want about Mendy, him being out is a huge blow. Redman is not a featured back, period.

The way we've played this year makes me nervous every game but to say losing Mendy is a huge blow doesn't make sense. Our line hasn't blocked well enough consistantly for him to reach his full potential. Redman is the better back for this game because yards should be tough to get. No matter who we put in for Pouncey they've held their own. Worilds played well in Woodley's absense and is getting better each game. We don't have to sack Tebow, just tackle him when he runs and cover his WRs so his windows are closed tightly.

The guy who has been our thorn is McGahee and without the threat of Ryan Clark laying a slobberknocker on him he worries me. This might very well be a 7-3 or 10-6 game but we will be the have the high score!!! Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how 469886443
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how   Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how Empty

Back to top Go down

Woody's Mailbag: The Broncos can beat the Steelers; here's how
Page 1 of 1