Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSource: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn Empty
PostSubject: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Posted by Mike Florio

We’ve reported — and we stand by those reports despite denials from the man at the center of the action — that Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn has received roughly half the reps with the first-team offense in practice this week. It previously wasn’t known why Quinn received the extra reps.

Now, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Broncos have installed specific packages for Quinn premised on second-and-long and third-and-long situations.

Whether and to what extent Quinn actually plays remains unknown. But despite anything said by Quinn or reported elsewhere, the Broncos are getting Quinn ready for something.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/06/source-broncos-have-specific-packages-for-quinn/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:31 am

I'm sure Lebeau can dail up some D that will confuse Quinn too. I mean what did he do against us in Cleveland?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:35 am

what imagination if Tebow is in run if Quinn is in pass.

think Denver is blowing some somke.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 am

For some reason I really doubt that we'll be seeing much of a guy that didn't throw a pass in the regular season.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:31 am

supytalpeht wrote:
For some reason I really doubt that we'll be seeing much of a guy that didn't throw a pass in the regular season.

I would argue that we would see more of him, if for nothing more than a smoke screen and to put Tebow in a position to get more touches in the game (i.e. alternate WR or RB type screens or delays). I don't think Quinn is going to be behind center for any specific type of play (i.e. 2nd or 3rd and long situations), but more so just to try and keep the defense on their toes. Quinn may also be in for some gadget plays.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:57 pm

I agree 100 percent with you guys. No way are they going to turn the ball over to Quinn (unless they're down 31-0 at half and they're looking for a spark or something). I think that if Quinn sees any action, it's going to be for some gadget stuff, like Truck said.

I could be dead wrong, but I think they're preparing him not to be used as part of the game plan, but to be used in case of an emergency (like our defense killing Tebow or if the game starts getting out of hand).

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:02 pm

I just saw this. It pretty much supports what I just posted ...

Quote :
Broncos are prepared to yank Tebow, if he struggles against Steelers

On Friday, we reported that Broncos backup quarterback Brady Quinn has received roughly half the snaps with the first-team offense this week. Not surprisingly, Quinn has opted not to admit that he is getting more reps, in order to help preserve the element of surprise.

It wasn’t clear why Quinn was getting more work. One source said that the Broncos have a package for Quinn to be used in second-and-long or third-and-long situations.

Now, multiple sources tell PFT that coach John Fox is prepared to bench Tebow, if he struggles once again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/broncos-are-prepared-to-yank-tebow-if-he-struggles-against-steelers/

So they're getting him ready not as part of the game plan, but "just in case."

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:36 pm

According to ESPN this morning, Quinn took a total of like 8 (yes that's EIGHT, the number right after 7 and just before 9) snaps on Wed and Thurs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 am

stlrtruck wrote:
According to ESPN this morning, Quinn took a total of like 8 (yes that's EIGHT, the number right after 7 and just before 9) snaps on Wed and Thurs.
Hmmm, unless there was only 16 snaps, the original report of him receiving half the snaps was a bit off.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn   Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn Empty

Back to top Go down

Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn
Page 1 of 1