Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeI've got $10 that says ... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

I've got $10 that says ...

Go down 
+2
mcg24
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

I've got $10 that says ... Empty
PostSubject: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:03 pm

... the sun comes up tomorrow. And I'll bet more that the Steelers will rebound and come back stronger next season.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
... the sun comes up tomorrow. And I'll bet more that the Steelers will rebound and come back stronger next season.

The only way that they wouldn't come back stronger is if they miss the playoffs. I won't take that bet. I will bet you $10 that we just lost to one of the worst QBs of the century.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: What happened?   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:08 am

Hi.....I missed most of the game due to a neighbor's emergency.

Can someone please tell me what the heck happened?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Hi.....I missed most of the game due to a neighbor's emergency.

Can someone please tell me what the heck happened?

Thanks!

I responded in your other thread, but I'll just copy and paste my response here ...

Not sure where to begin. In the first half, we failed miserably on both offense and defense. Our defense just couldn't figure out Denver's offense. Because we were stacking the line trying to stop the run, that allowed Tebow to throw deep on us ... which he did. And our offense sputtered in the first half ... bad throws by Ben and at least three drops by receivers. The offense picked it up in the second half. The defense played much better in the second half but gambled on the run and got burned by Tebow again in overtime.

That's the short version.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 am

mcg24 wrote:
I will bet you $10 that we just lost to one of the worst QBs of the century.
I understand your frustration, mcg. This loss hurts, but I think we need to give Tebow some credit rather than bashing him. I know there's a lot of Tebow hate out there, but I think most of it has to do with how he expresses his religion and how much fame he's gotten because of it rather than his play. But is Tebow really the worst QB of the century? I can name at least 3 or 4 worse QBs we faced this season alone.

I have to be honest. This was the first full game I've seen Tebow play. Watching him play and thinking about everything that has been said about him reminded me a little of another QB early in his career ... Ben Roethlisberger.

Trust me, I'm not saying Tebow is as good as Big Ben or will ever have the same success. But there's some similarities. During his rookie season, Ben went 13-0 as a starter and led the Steelers past the Jets in the playoffs. Then lost to the Patriots (that's just a coincidence if the Broncos also lose to the Patriots). But even going 14-1 his first season as a starter, all of the experts trashed Ben. They said he was just a game manager and all he was doing was handing the ball off to Bettis, and it was the defense that was winning the games. Personally, I think that's why Ben loves Arians so much ... until Tomlin and Arians took over, Ben wasn't allowed to do much except manage games. Basically, don't do anything to lose them. And he took a lot of criticism from the "experts." But Arians took the handcuffs off and allowed Ben to start slinging the ball.

Everyone now regards Ben as an elite QB, but he really isn't a great passer. He's not in the same league as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers. Ben's success has come from his toughness, his ability to shake off tackles and make something out of nothing. And I saw a lot of that same style in Tebow. Sure, Tebow will never be a great passer like Rodgers or Brees, but I saw him shake off tackles and make plays just like Ben does. What Tebow did to us is what we've watched Ben do to other teams for years.

We heard all week about how the Broncos were giving Tebow the green light to "pull the trigger" against the Steelers. Up until this point, he had been handcuffed much like Ben was early in his career. Well, pull the trigger he did. And we saw the result.

To this day, people try to discredit Ben by pointing to his stats. Other people defend him by saying he's won 2 Super Bowls. The stats don't matter ... he wins. I think the same can be said for Tebow.

Do I think Tebow will ever be a great QB? No. Do I think he'll ever be as good as Ben? Probably not. But as Steelers fans, I think we should at least respect the way Tebow plays the game. He plays with the same heart and toughness that Ben does.

I'd be embarrassed if the Steelers lost to Curtis Painter or Tyler Palko. We should have beaten the Broncos, but there's no shame in losing to Tim Tebow. Just as there was no shame when the Jets lost a wild-card game to a rookie QB named Ben Roethlisberger, who was regarded at the time as nothing but a game manager.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:47 am

Hey...I want my 2 dollsrs!

SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:49 am

Ughhh...dollars. i hate text talking on a tablet.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
And here I thought it was the alcohol. I've got $10 that says ... 1664291743

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 am

I agree the sun will come up but there's a 60% chance of rain here so I'll be depressed all day. I did a lot of cussing on here last night and I want to apologize for it.

My thoughts after this game:

Tebow is a lot better than he is getting credit for.

(Everyone now regards Ben as an elite QB, but he really isn't a great passer. He's not in the same league as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers. Ben's success has come from his toughness, his ability to shake off tackles and make something out of nothing. And I saw a lot of that same style in Tebow. Sure, Tebow will never be a great passer like Rodgers or Brees, but I saw him shake off tackles and make plays just like Ben does. What Tebow did to us is what we've watched Ben do to other teams for years.)
Ben missed some open receivers last night while throwing into double and triple coverage. He could have had 3 picks instead of one.

Isaac Redman played a pretty good game!
We saw last night why Ike was not invited to the probowl. Gay had a better game. The TD against him wasn't his fault he couldn't have covered the guy any better but he still caught it. Credit to the WR.

It seemed like we rushed 6-7 guys all night and still didn't get to Tebow. Our front on D reminded me of the end of Knolls career where the front 4 would try to bullrush every time and just got held up. Anytime you give any QB 5,6 or 7 seconds to throw the ball he will complete passes. Not to mention a highly mobile one will run effectively!!

I wish we could line BA up as a WR in a real game against the hardest hitting team in the league and THROW HIM A BUBBLE SCREEN so they can take his ass out. Man I hate that play!!

Sorry I guess I'm not over it just yet.

And lastly I will be rooting for T.J.Yates and Tebow.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Hey, I was right ... the sun came up today. Even here in Ohio where you rarely see the sun this time of year.

solardave wrote:
I did a lot of cussing on here last night and I want to apologize for it.
Yeah, you should be ashamed of yourself, Dave. I've got $10 that says ... 3798349058

Nah, losing sucks. And there's nothing wrong with venting. I used to get angry when the Steelers lost and no one could even talk to me afterward. But I came to realize that if the Steelers win or lose, it doesn't affect my life one bit. I've still got to get up and go to work the next day. I still have to pay my bills and take care of my kids. I love the Steelers and I want them to win, but my happiness doesn't depend on it. I still get upset when they lose and vent a little sometimes, but I try to keep it in perspective.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 pm

It's overcast and rainy here I want my $10.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
It's overcast and rainy here I want my $10.
I said the sun would come up. I never said you'd be able to see it. I've got $10 that says ... 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Well the sun is up here......but then again I do live in sunny CA (the only thing I don't miss about life in the Burgh).

I have to agree with the comments made about Ben. He is tough, has the ability to extend plays and get out of the pocket, but wouldn't place him the league of the Peyton Manning's and Tom Bradys of the world. But then again, I still have a chip on my shoulder from his comment about wanting "taller WRs" and throwing Hines off with that remark. Yeah, I'm a Hines junkie. But still, I have thought the last two years that we need to draft a good, back up qb. I'm not throwing Ben under the bus by any means, but we need to develop someone NOW for the future and for when Ben is hurting. Isn't that what the Pats did? Didn't they draft Brady when Bledsoe was in his prime? And look what happened there.....
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Well the sun is up here......but then again I do live in sunny CA (the only thing I don't miss about life in the Burgh).

I have to agree with the comments made about Ben. He is tough, has the ability to extend plays and get out of the pocket, but wouldn't place him the league of the Peyton Manning's and Tom Bradys of the world. But then again, I still have a chip on my shoulder from his comment about wanting "taller WRs" and throwing Hines off with that remark. Yeah, I'm a Hines junkie. But still, I have thought the last two years that we need to draft a good, back up qb. I'm not throwing Ben under the bus by any means, but we need to develop someone NOW for the future and for when Ben is hurting. Isn't that what the Pats did? Didn't they draft Brady when Bledsoe was in his prime? And look what happened there.....
You're not alone in your thoughts about Ben. Some good discussion here http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t1506-when-does-the-fo-start-thinking-about-drafting-ben-s-eventual-replacement

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
And here I thought it was the alcohol. I've got $10 that says ... 1664291743

I'm sure that played a small role in it. I've got $10 that says ... 1797695198

And apparently this thread made me think of Better of Dead. Can't imagine why.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got $10 that says ...   I've got $10 that says ... Empty

Back to top Go down

I've got $10 that says ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: