Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCan someone please tell me what happened? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Can someone please tell me what happened?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Can someone please tell me what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 am

Hi all,

My neighbor had an emergency so I missed most of the game. I saw us score two field goals, then I missed it until the end when I saw Ben throw to Cotchery.....and the rest was history.

What happened in the meantime? Was it our defense? our offense?

Thank you - I really want to know!

Ginny
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am

Hey, Ginny.

Not sure where to begin. In the first half, we failed miserably on both offense and defense. Our defense just couldn't figure out Denver's offense. Because we were stacking the line trying to stop the run, that allowed Tebow to throw deep on us ... which he did. And our offense sputtered in the first half ... bad throws by Ben and at least three drops by receivers. The offense picked it up in the second half. The defense played much better in the second half but gambled on the run and got burned by Tebow again in overtime.

That's the short version.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:45 am

I missed a good bit of the game too. All i know is it was an epic collapse.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:48 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
I missed a good bit of the game too. All i know is it was an epic collapse.
Our electricity went out and I missed about half of the first quarter. I was a little irate.

For a minute, I thought we were playing the 49ers. OK, bad joke. Can someone please tell me what happened? 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:50 am

Thank you!!!!! I was hoping someone would reply!

Ahh well....what are you going to do? They can't win the superbowl every year! Did they play my Hines at all? I have been carying a chip on my shoulder for they way they have treated Hines this year. Seems like some of the fans want to throw him under the bus because he is a little slower. I say bring him back (albeit at a reduced salary maybe). I don't want to see him go out without a hero's farewell at a homegame. He gave his heart and soul to the organization and the city of Pitt as well. I was just on another forum and some people have LeBeau, Tomlin, Ben and others fired already! Geesh!

Hey, do you think Cotchery will be re-signed. I'd like to see him stay.

Can someone please tell me what happened? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:55 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Thank you!!!!! I was hoping someone would reply!

Ahh well....what are you going to do? They can't win the superbowl every year! Did they play my Hines at all? I have been carying a chip on my shoulder for they way they have treated Hines this year. Seems like some of the fans want to throw him under the bus because he is a little slower. I say bring him back (albeit at a reduced salary maybe). I don't want to see him go out without a hero's farewell at a homegame. He gave his heart and soul to the organization and the city of Pitt as well. I was just on another forum and some people have LeBeau, Tomlin, Ben and others fired already! Geesh!

Hey, do you think Cotchery will be re-signed. I'd like to see him stay.
Ward was in for a few plays, but not much. He's my all-time favorite player, but I'd be a little surprised if he's back next season. We might see a few veteran starters gone.

As for Cotchery, I'm not sure. I'd like to see him back, but I'm not sure if he'll be happy staying in his current role. He could be a starter on a lot of other teams.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:12 am

A huge portion of this loss needs to fall on #7's shoulders. Yes, ike and troy blew some coverage and there were some drops. However, we had 1st down and were 10yards from field goal range with a timeout. We had enough time to make 3 pass attempts to move the chains. Instead Ben managed to take a sack and a delay of game penalty going backwards 20 yards in the process. That is completely unacceptable for an 8 year vet and certainly not the play of an elite quarterback. If you think back that's like the 3rd or 4th time this season we've been in position to score at the end of the half and blew it due to poor clock management.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please tell me what happened?   Can someone please tell me what happened? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone please tell me what happened?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: