Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNeed to Vent Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Need to Vent

Go down 
+5
Wallace108
fer69
SteelCityMom
supytalpeht
Gingerchip
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Sorry, but I am sooooo furious right now. Ok. I understand the frustration of Steeler fans the day after a loss. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion and wants to be heard. We have all played armchair quarterback at one time or another by thinking we know what is best for the organization. I get that.

After stopping by Ward, Woodley, Tomlin, Wallace, Brown, Farrior's facebook pages to thank them for a great season, I am truly flabbergasted by comments left by fans on their pages. To quote one fan: "You guys should all be fired. No contracts renewed. Thanks for a loosing season". Ok. so I'm thinking this has got to be like, a Raven's fan or something, right? No, I hit this guy's fb page and he has Steeler stuff all over the place. Whaaaat? The bad thing is (although it's not the vast majority of comments), there were enough to make me sick.

Is this our culture? I mean, celebrity worship.....yea for the heroes, throw the loosers under the bus? Bandwagon "fans"? Immature kids?

I know this post is kinda meaningless, but none of my friends follow football. I already vented to my neice who lives in the Burgh (she claims we are suffering from SFD - severe football depression) after the loss of Pitt and the Steelers this past weekend. Maybe she's right.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Vent away!

Part of it is what's become of our culture and part is just knee jerk reactions by the masses.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Sorry, but I am sooooo furious right now. Ok. I understand the frustration of Steeler fans the day after a loss. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion and wants to be heard. We have all played armchair quarterback at one time or another by thinking we know what is best for the organization. I get that.

After stopping by Ward, Woodley, Tomlin, Wallace, Brown, Farrior's facebook pages to thank them for a great season, I am truly flabbergasted by comments left by fans on their pages. To quote one fan: "You guys should all be fired. No contracts renewed. Thanks for a loosing season". Ok. so I'm thinking this has got to be like, a Raven's fan or something, right? No, I hit this guy's fb page and he has Steeler stuff all over the place. Whaaaat? The bad thing is (although it's not the vast majority of comments), there were enough to make me sick.

Is this our culture? I mean, celebrity worship.....yea for the heroes, throw the loosers under the bus? Bandwagon "fans"? Immature kids?

I know this post is kinda meaningless, but none of my friends follow football. I already vented to my neice who lives in the Burgh (she claims we are suffering from SFD - severe football depression) after the loss of Pitt and the Steelers this past weekend. Maybe she's right.

Add in the Penguins injury woes and 4 game losing streak, and yeah...it's pretty bleak around here for sports fans right now. Some folks just aren't very good at separating themselves personally from the team they root for, especially after a big loss. It's like it's a life or death situation for them.

I know exactly what you mean though. I'm pissed too, but it's not like I was out there playing the game or anything. Plus, it's just tacky to kick people when they're down.

fer69

fer69

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm

i just ate Need to Vent 1797695198

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:30 pm

fer69 wrote:
i just ate Need to Vent 1797695198

I'm guessing you missed the connection between I just ate and the article was a lot to digest. Need to Vent 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:03 am

I think Rooney should sell the team. He's obviously a horrible owner!!!

Sorry, I just wanted to get in on all the ridiculousness.
I've seen a lot of fan hatred toward the team today, and I don't understand it. We're the greatest fans rooting for the greatest team, but some fans are acting like spoiled brats. We had a great season and overcame a lot of adversity to finish 12-4. We're not going to the Super Bowl every year. My advice: Appreciate this team for what it has accomplished in the past few decades. They've been great for a long time, and sooner or later, they'll have some down years. I wonder how those spoiled fans will react to a string of mediocre (or even losing) seasons?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Need to Vent 3562723908

I've seen a lot of fan hatred toward the team today, and I don't understand it. We're the greatest fans rooting for the greatest team, but some fans are acting like spoiled brats. We had a great season and overcame a lot of adversity to finish 12-4. We're not going to the Super Bowl every year. My advice: Appreciate this team for what it has accomplished in the past few decades. They've been great for a long time, and sooner or later, they'll have some down years. I wonder how those spoiled fans will react to a string of mediocre (or even losing) seasons?

We'd get rid of a lot of bandwagon fans, that's for sure
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Need to Vent 3562723908

We'd get rid of a lot of bandwagon fans, that's for sure

My wife will tell you during the game I was screeming at these IDIOT PLAYERS we have. That's how I am when we're losing a game but after it's all said and done we are LUCKY as hell to have such a great organization putting up a great competitive team year in and year out. The difference is I get frustrated but I get over it. I'm pretty sure most everyone on here is that way too. For what it's worth IMHO true Steeler fans may rag on the team the day after but we get over it and the LOVE comes back PERIOD!!! The guy described on the Facebook page in my opinion is not a fan,he's stupid and we all know you can't fix stupid!!! He should choose one of those other teams and CHEER FOR THEIR SORRY ASSES!!!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

There's nothing wrong with being upset with the players during the game or immediately afterwards. But to go on their FB pages or twitter accounts and berate them is pretty classless. However, the players shouldn't be responding in kind.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
supytalpeht

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:40 pm

JonM229 wrote:
There's nothing wrong with being upset with the players during the game or immediately afterwards. But to go on their FB pages or twitter accounts and berate them is pretty classless. However, the players shouldn't be responding in kind.

Exactly

However, as a general rule these young men aren't exactly pillars of society. Now if the ravens had just prematurely ejaculated in a game against the tebows there more than likely would have been murders over things said via twitter. WIth the Steelers, you get reactions similar to Pouncey's.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:43 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Exactly

However, as a general rule these young men aren't exactly pillars of society. Now if the ravens had just prematurely ejaculated in a game against the tebows there more than likely would have been murders over things said via twitter. WIth the Steelers, you get reactions similar to Pouncey's.

Ravens only murder people outside of Atlanta nightclubs

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:05 pm

JonM229 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
Exactly

Ravens only murder people outside of Atlanta nightclubs

That you know of.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:20 pm

JonM229 wrote:

How does a Raven's fan know about class?? ooooooo............burn...... JK!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to Vent 2981382511

I agree!
Back to top Go down
hindes204

hindes204

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:45 pm

The problem with a lot of the younger fans is they have never suffered through a string of bad seasons, they're all spoiled. I'm relatively young (32 next week), but I still remember the 80s and how down everyone was from those terrible seasons we had. I've also been a lifelong pirates fan, so I've adapted to watching a terrible team play. Unfortunately, over the past 10, even 20 years, the steelers have been on a hell of a run and the people that latched on when they started winning won't go away...because they keep winning.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:35 am

hindes204 wrote:
The problem with a lot of the younger fans is they have never suffered through a string of bad seasons, they're all spoiled. I'm relatively young (32 next week), but I still remember the 80s and how down everyone was from those terrible seasons we had. I've also been a lifelong pirates fan, so I've adapted to watching a terrible team play. Unfortunately, over the past 10, even 20 years, the steelers have been on a hell of a run and the people that latched on when they started winning won't go away...because they keep winning.
Bingo!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:30 am

hindes204 wrote:

You're right. I latched on in the early 70s when Joe Greene got here.Before that we'd lost for 40 years. And you hit right on the head about the 80s. Real fans suffer through the lean times. Sure we bitch but we're back every week watching, cheering and hoping we pull the next one out. That's what fans do.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:54 am

solardave wrote:
hindes204 wrote:

You're right. I latched on in the early 70s when Joe Greene got here.Before that we'd lost for 40 years. And you hit right on the head about the 80s. Real fans suffer through the lean times. Sure we bitch but we're back every week watching, cheering and hoping we pull the next one out. That's what fans do.

I've gone through Malone - Brister - O'Donnell (who wasn't bad til the playoffs) - Stewart - Graham - Maddox, and I've been on both ends of the spectrum from the ultimate high to the ultimate low.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Need to Vent 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:06 am

Oh how I long for the days of Mark Malone and Bubby Brister. Need to Vent 3798349058

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:06 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I've gone through Malone - Brister - O'Donnell (who wasn't bad til the playoffs) - Stewart - Graham - Maddox, and I've been on both ends of the spectrum from the ultimate high to the ultimate low.

You guys always forget to thank the Ravens for ushering in the Roethlisberger era.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 am

JonM229 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

You guys always forget to thank the Ravens for ushering in the Roethlisberger era.
We handed you the division and a first-round bye this season. And then left you with no serious competition except the Patriots. I'd say we're even. Need to Vent 1378315869

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:15 am

Wallace108 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

We handed you the division and a first-round bye this season. And then left you with no serious competition except the Patriots. I'd say we're even. Need to Vent 1378315869

And I hope they look right past the texans for an early dismisal from the playoffs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Need to Vent 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need to Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Vent   Need to Vent Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to Vent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: