Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTaylor weighs in on Denver loss Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Taylor weighs in on Denver loss

Go down 
+6
supytalpeht
Gingerchip
Bays
vasteeler
stlrtruck
Wallace108
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Taylor weighs in on Denver loss Empty
PostSubject: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 am

By Ralph N. Paulk, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Ike Taylor still feels the pain of the AFC wild-card loss to Denver at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

The Steelers' high-priced, shutdown cornerback can't dismiss the image of Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas catching a Tim Tebow pass, then sprinting toward the end zone on the first play from scrimmage in overtime Sunday.

Taylor has watched the play time and again. It's an inescapable nightmare.

"Unfortunately, one of my worst games of the year came at the wrong time," he said Wednesday on TribLive Radio. "I reflect back and think of me being highly upset after the game."

Taylor shunned reporters afterward, in part, because he didn't want to make excuses, he said.

"It was a terrible game, for sure," he said. "Will it be the last? I don't know. But you have to shake it off."

Taylor has been the target of criticism and finger-pointing. Thomas finished with seven receptions for a 204 yards — including an 80-yard touchdown that ousted the Steelers from the postseason.

"Just knowing how hard we worked to get to that moment, then everything happened on one play," Taylor said. "It hurt. It still hurts.

"But you have to move on. For me, that's getting back at it."

Taylor has returned to his Orlando, Fla., home to prepare for next season, bitterly disappointed that one of his best seasons didn't net a single playoff victory.

"This was probably the second-best season I've had since I started in 2005," he said. "I say that because people have noticed more of what I do. I told myself I was going to take some time off, but I'm back in the gym.

"As a professional, you never want to go out like that. But you know there are going to be days like that. You don't know when it's coming. For the most part, it happens.

"I remember the play, but it happened so fast, it's like '(Wow), the season is over.' "

Read more: Steelers CB Taylor weighs in on Denver loss - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_776218.html#ixzz1jDpcr7HD
---------------------

I know I can't speak for the entire Steeler Nation, but let it go, Ike!!! Come back strong next year.
Way too many fans were pinning that loss solely on Ike's shoulders.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 am

In Ike we trust. He's a great shut down corner.

He still has things to work on, like turning his head around - locating the ball - and actually catching it instead of just knocking it down.

But I digress, he's a good corner and compliments Troy's talents.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Taylor weighs in on Denver loss 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:32 am

hes not the only one that screwed up on that particular play

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:38 am

Ike didn't have half his team with him against Denver, and that's something that hasn't really happened all year. It's a different game when players you've developed chemistry with aren't out their, and things don't become any easier.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:34 pm

I really wish Ike would quit blaming himself and that some of the fans would quit using him as a scapegoat.

Technically, we shouldn't have been in the OT position in the first place against the Broncs. There were so many other key plays that contributed to the loss. I still can't get the image out of my mind when I saw Heath Miller wide open (no Bronco within a mile of him) and Ben threw into double coverage which I believe was intercepted or incomplete.

I wonder what he means when he says "will it be the last - I don't know"? Is his contract up?
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:40 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Nope.

We never should have been in OT.

Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Ben gets sacked. We don't attempt the FG. James Farrior calls tails, but heads comes up. The Broncos score a TD on the 1st play of OT. In that order. Man, the pure "luck" of this team had been bad all year.
Back to top Go down
drizze99
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

It wasn't Ike's fault... Not sure WHY, but we sold out to the run on that play and got burned. That particular D should have never been called in the first place IMO. But when you look back, we should have never been in OT in the first place. You can point the finger to many things in that game. I know I can....
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 pm

drizze99 wrote:
That particular D should have never been called in the first place IMO.
Exactly. After the game, Tomlin said if they had it to do over again, they'd run the same defense. Well, the Patriots didn't try to defend the Broncos' offense like we did, and they had a much different result.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
drizze99 wrote:
Exactly. After the game, Tomlin said if they had it to do over again, they'd run the same defense. Well, the Patriots didn't try to defend the Broncos' offense like we did, and they had a much different result.

that's because they have a better coach imo

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:43 pm

fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
drizze99 wrote:

Thank god you said imo, or you'd get ass raped by some angry fans. Or showered with support and agreement. No, wait, this isn't SF.

Tomlin made some iffy decisions this season, but he's been our coach for a while now, and he's been pretty good. The last thing i'd do is throw him in the fire, although I do agree there's a lot of coaches out their this year that made better decisions, and those who are better all around. We'll see how he does next year. I'm hoping he gives us SEVEN reasons to love him Taylor weighs in on Denver loss 1426860608

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:50 am

bayz101 wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
drizze99 wrote:

Thank god you said imo, or you'd get ass raped by some angry fans. Or showered with support and agreement. No, wait, this isn't SF.

Tomlin made some iffy decisions this season, but he's been our coach for a while now, and he's been pretty good. The last thing i'd do is throw him in the fire, although I do agree there's a lot of coaches out their this year that made better decisions, and those who are better all around. We'll see how he does next year. I'm hoping he gives us SEVEN reasons to love him Taylor weighs in on Denver loss 1426860608
There are Steelers fan out there who still aren't sold on Tomlin. I'm not one of them, but I think this would make for a fun offseason debate.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:58 am

vasteeler wrote:

You're right and I respect him for taking the blame for a bad game. That says a lot about his character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor weighs in on Denver loss   Taylor weighs in on Denver loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor weighs in on Denver loss
Page 1 of 1