Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers   The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Mendenhall will be looking to rebound from his injury in 2012, Image Courtesy of mediagallery.usatoday.com
When I saw RB Rashard Mendenhall getting checked out on the sideline during the Steelers’ Week 17 squeaker against the Browns, my heart sank. As a fan, I was livid that one of the Steelers’ starters was hurt in what would prove to be a meaningless game. Yet as I watched the game unfold (as well as the Denver one), I began to think with my “homer” head instead of my “homer” heart and realized that if Mendenhall is out for the Playoffs and even Training Camp or more in 2012, it might not leave the Steelers in quite the bind that many expected. In fact, we in Steeler Nation can find a “silver lining” to the situation with Mendenhall’s injury and the RB corps as a whole in 2012.

So if you’re interested in what I have to say, hit that “Continue Reading” button and let’s get started:

Rashard’s Desire for New Contract = Win-Win

For those of you that weren’t aware, there is one important factor with regards to Mendenhall and how he will perform in 2012: When the 2012 season ends, Mendenhall’s contract will expire and he will become an Unrestricted Free Agent. That being said, the Steelers could end up benefiting greatly from Mendenhall’s contract situation, and both parties could in turn reap all of the rewards.

Coming off of an ACL injury and in need to have a solid season, we should expect to see Mendenhall running like a “bat out of hell” come July and onwards. 2012 will be Rashard’s big audition for teams (including the Steelers) to put his skills on display for a new contract. Thus, if Mendenhall adopts the attitude that he is auditioning for a new job (in or outside of Pittsburgh) and a new multi-million dollar contract, the Steelers will not only have tremendous production from their talented RB, but Mendenhall makes himself that much more marketable to other RB-starved teams looking to upgrade their squads in Free Agency.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/01/18/the-rashard-mendenhall-situation-and-the-silver-lining-for-the-steelers/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers   The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:31 pm

That's a really good way to spin a bad deal. It would be in Mendy's best interest to "let it all hang out" next season in an attempt to not only prove he's healthy and can take his starting job back, but to show other teams he's worth the money he's asking for.

It would certainly benefit both the Steelers and him to attack next season with those goals in mind.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers   The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
That's a really good way to spin a bad deal. It would be in Mendy's best interest to "let it all hang out" next season in an attempt to not only prove he's healthy and can take his starting job back, but to show other teams he's worth the money he's asking for.

It would certainly benefit both the Steelers and him to attack next season with those goals in mind.

Redman will be sitting there saying you're not getting my money Mendy and running his ass off as well. It's a win win win situation for the Steelers.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers   The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Redman will be sitting there saying you're not getting my money Mendy and running his ass off as well. It's a win win win situation for the Steelers.

we have the running backs we just don't use them enough imo

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers   The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 am

supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Absolutely! We may have to toss the two of them into the Thunderdome to work it out. The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers 1797695198

fer69 wrote:
we have the running backs we just don't use them enough imo

We might now! The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers   The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rashard Mendenhall Situation and the Silver Lining for the Steelers
Page 1 of 1