Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTrust the front office Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Trust the front office

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Trust the front office Empty
PostSubject: Trust the front office   Trust the front office EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Over the years, I've had a lot of fun debates on Arians with many Steelers fans on various boards. I've seen a lot of debates get heated (and I've been a part of a few of them). But at the end of the day, we all have the same goal ... to see our offense score points and to see the Steelers win.

But now that Arians is gone, I don't see the point in continuing to debate whether or not he's to blame for our offensive struggles. If others want to continue to debate it, that's fine. But I've said all I can say over the years, and it's time to move on and start looking forward.

Here's my final argument ...

Numerous times, I've had different posters tell me (and others) that the front office knows what it's doing. The front office is a lot smarter than the haters are. So if Arians was as bad as the haters think, then the front office would get rid of him. But since Arians is still there, the haters are clearly wrong.

Now that the front office has gotten rid of Arians, I'm starting to see a lot of those same people say that the front office is stupid and doesn't know what it's doing.

But the front office DOES know what it's doing. The Steelers have been a competitive team for a long time, and that's not by accident. It's because the front office makes the right decision more times than not. No matter what decision is made, a lot of fans always criticize it. Just a few recent examples ...

When Santonio Holmes was traded to the Jets for a fifth-round draft pick, a lot of Steelers fans were up in arms. How could they trade a Super Bowl MVP for a fifth-round pick? But in hindsight, they knew what they were doing. After Cowher retired, a lot of fans wanted Whisenhunt and were pissed when they hired Tomlin. But again, the front office knew what it was doing.

From draft picks to free-agent signings ... from signing and releasing players to coaching decisions, the front office is right a lot more than it's wrong. And that's why the Steelers are a competitive team year after year. The front office is a lot smarter than we are.

It's clear that the front office wasn't happy with the job Arians was doing as offensive coordinator and decided to part ways with him. I trust that the front office knows what it's doing. The Steelers front office knows a lot more than any of us do, and it's almost always right.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Trust the front office   Trust the front office EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 pm

I would agree with you if the FO had actually made the decision. Instead the person whose only qualification as a football man is which vagina he slipped out of made the decision. He pays Tomlin, Colbert et al a lot of money to run the team because THEY know football. Now we have the equivalent of Jerry Jones, George Steinbrenner Peter Angelos in Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Trust the front office   Trust the front office EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
I would agree with you if the FO had actually made the decision. Instead the person whose only qualification as a football man is which vagina he slipped out of made the decision. He pays Tomlin, Colbert et al a lot of money to run the team because THEY know football. Now we have the equivalent of Jerry Jones, George Steinbrenner Peter Angelos in Pittsburgh.
You may or may not be right. We don't know (and probably will never know) who all was involved in the decision. The media is portraying it as it was just Art's decision. But that's just speculation. We don't know if anyone else in the front office was in agreement.

But even if this was solely Art's decision, it's not like he's some 16-year-old kid who just got handed the keys to the Ferrari and is out driving like a lunatic. He's been involved in the decision making for a long time.

And your same criticism of Art could also apply to Dan. His only qualification was being born into it as well. But I'd say he did OK. And he was known to step in override Noll. I don't see much difference in how Art runs the team compared to how Dan ran it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Trust the front office   Trust the front office EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Some people just think their smarter than the people in the FO, when really, they don't have the slightest clue what their talking about. Just watch. Next year the offense will improve, and they'll begin making more excuses. It's just the way of some fans.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Trust the front office   Trust the front office EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:32 pm

In the FO I trust ever since the Santonio move.

PostSubject: Re: Trust the front office   Trust the front office Empty

Back to top Go down

Trust the front office
Page 1 of 1