Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUFC 129 PPV this weekend! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UFC 129 PPV this weekend!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

UFC 129 PPV this weekend! Empty
PostSubject: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:56 pm

This Saturday night, April 30 at 9 pm EST, UFC 129 will feature a main event of George St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields. Also on the card will be former WEC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo vs. Mark Hominick, former WEC Lightweight Champion Ben Henderson vs. Mark Bocek and the legend.... in his final MMA fight.... former 3-time UFC Heavyweight Champion/former 2-time UFC Light-Heavyweight Champion Randy "The Natural" Couture vs. former UFC Light-Heavyweight Champion Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida.

My money's on St. Pierre, Aldo, Henderson and Couture.

To view the full fight card go to:

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC129#/fight

Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Are we going to have the fight at the Knuckle?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:43 pm

jjmjmay wrote:
Are we going to have the fight at the Knuckle?

You're goddamned right we are! UFC 129 PPV this weekend! 230572241 UFC 129 PPV this weekend! 184121345

The PPV starts at 9pm this week. Prelims on Spike starting at 8pm.

Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:26 pm

On my way out to see it now.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UFC 129 PPV this weekend! 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:16 am

UFC 129 results:

Pablo Garza defeats Yves Jabouin via flying triangle submission

John Makdessi defeats Kyle Watson via spinning back fist knockout

Jason MacDonald defeats Ryan Jensen via triangle submission

Ivan Menjivar defeats Charlie Valencia via elbow to face (which broke Valencia's nose) and referee stoppage after several fast punches on the ground

Claude Patrick defeats Daniel Roberts by unanimous decision

Jake Ellenberger defeats Sean Pierson via overhand left knockout

Rory MacDonald defeats Nate Diaz by unanimous decision

Ben Henderson defeats Mark Bocek by unanimous decision

Vladimir Matyushenko defeats Jason Brilz via knockout in 20 seconds

Lyoto Machida defeats Randy Couture via front kick to the head knockout. Couture officially announces his retirement after the fight. (Sad way for the career of one of the greatest mixed martial artists to end. Thanks for the memories Randy!)

Jose Aldo defeats Mark Hominick by unanimous decision (Fight of the night, IMHO. Hominick had one of the largest hematomas I've ever seen on a fighter. He literally looked like the Elephant Man at the end of this fight!)

George St. Pierre defeats Jake Shields by unanimous decision

Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:44 am

Great PPV

Aldo got tired but definitally won that fight and Homiding did look seriously effed up b ut he hung in there and did some dammage late.

The Sheilds St. Piere fight was boring. I don't know how its wasn't 30-25 for everycard as Sheilds basically didn't do much, but neither to St. Piere really. He danced around landed many more strikes and took Sheilds to the matt a couple of times but would get right back up. Sheilds landed a knuckle on St. Pieres left eye that made him unable to see out of it, kind of a freak thing but it make St. Piere even more cautious.

Sheilds desperitally needs to develope some sort of damaging standup to force people to defend so he can get them on the ground otherwise we will only get really boring fights where guys dance around ans smack him but refuse to engage him on the matt.

The PPV was very good but the final match was a long and lame considering what we saw before it all night.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:33 pm

GSP vs. Shields was the worst fight of the night. They freakin' danced around the entire fight.

Damn, people pay good money to watch this schtuff and that's the best you got. WWE has better fights than that.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:36 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
GSP vs. Shields was the worst fight of the night. They freakin' danced around the entire fight.

Damn, people pay good money to watch this schtuff and that's the best you got. WWE has better fights than that.

I agree it wasn't that good, but GSP's vision in his left eye was badly blurred. You could tell he was having problems seeing punches coming at him after that. I think he would have tried to finish Shields had that not happened. He was playing it safe because he was ahead in rounds. GSP fought the right fight trying to keep it on their feet. Shields is more dangerous on the ground.

Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I agree it wasn't that good, but GSP's vision in his left eye was badly blurred. You could tell he was having problems seeing punches coming at him after that. I think he would have tried to finish Shields had that not happened. He was playing it safe because he was ahead in rounds. GSP fought the right fight trying to keep it on their feet. Shields is more dangerous on the ground.

I agree Buddha and thats exactly why I hope we don't have to watch Shields again. He makes the fights boring because the other guy is always better off dancing around and tossing in a few strikes here and there.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:11 pm

In fights like that one, the owner should jump in and say, "Either you two start fighting or you don't get paid tonight!" It was like watching DWTS more than it was watching UFC.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 129 PPV this weekend!   UFC 129 PPV this weekend! Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 129 PPV this weekend!
Page 1 of 1