Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt Empty
PostSubject: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:48 am

With the reports of the Steelers looking at Todd Haley, I didn't see any mention here of Alex Van Pelt (unless I missed it).

Before tweeting that the Steelers were seeking info on Haley, Jason La Canfora tweeted that the Steelers were one of three teams inquiring about Van Pelt.

Quote :
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Alex Van Pelt interviewing with Bears for QB coach job. Rams, Colts and Steelers have inquired as well #insideslant

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 am

Wasn't he the Buc's QB coach? They may be looking for Fichtner's replacement at QB coach for when he get's promoted to OC. I'm calling it Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:55 am

bayz101 wrote:
Wasn't he the Buc's QB coach? They may be looking for Fichtner's replacement at QB coach for when he get's promoted to OC. I'm calling it Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt 1797695198
Or looking for Fichtner's replacement if he gets pissed and wants out after Haley becomes the OC. Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt 1797695198

Good observation though. I was naturally thinking that they were interested in him as OC, which would be a step up for him. But maybe you're on to something. Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 am

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Or looking for Fichtner's replacement if he gets pissed and wants out after Haley becomes the OC. Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt 1797695198

Good observation though. I was naturally thinking that they were interested in him as OC, which would be a step up for him. But maybe you're on to something. Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt 2087824411

I'm not sure who i'd rather have; Haley or Fich. It's definitely something i'm on the fence about.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:02 am

bayz101 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

I'm not sure who i'd rather have; Haley or Fich. It's definitely something i'm on the fence about.
I think there's positives and negatives for both of them. I trust the front office to make the right decision. With the way the Arians situation was handled, I sure hope they make the right decision.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:07 am

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

I think there's positives and negatives for both of them. I trust the front office to make the right decision. With the way the Arians situation was handled, I sure hope they make the right decision.

The media did what it does best: Make mountains out of molehill's. The best thing to do during that situation would have been to be quiet, and that simply doesn't happen. Ben's comments we're over-hyped, and Rooney's interview wasn't timed right. So i'm not upset with the FO, but I trust them to make a good decision.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:10 pm

I like what Fichner has done in his past. He did well as a college OC, making improvements for schools that seemed stuck in the mud and showing a way to have some success when losing key players. Having coached the Steelers receivers as well as being Ben's QB coach, he definitely has this system down. If he becomes the OC, I'll be pumped.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
With the reports of the Steelers looking at Todd Haley, I didn't see any mention here of Alex Van Pelt (unless I missed it).

Before tweeting that the Steelers were seeking info on Haley, Jason La Canfora tweeted that the Steelers were one of three teams inquiring about Van Pelt.

Quote :
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Alex Van Pelt interviewing with Bears for QB coach job. Rams, Colts and Steelers have inquired as well #insideslant

is he the bold headed guy from espn radio Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt 2893009358

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt   Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers inquire about Alex Van Pelt
Page 1 of 1