Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace not as coveted as thought? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace not as coveted as thought?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Wallace not as coveted as thought? Empty
PostSubject: Wallace not as coveted as thought?   Wallace not as coveted as thought? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm

With the pro scouts to whom The Sports Xchange has discussed Wallace, outside of the Steelers' organization, of course, there is concern about the way he finished the 2011 season, a perception in some quarters that he is a bit of a pouter, and the suspicion he isn't as polished as Pittsburgh's two other young wideouts, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders (when healthy).

Coach Mike Tomlin used to needle Wallace that he was a "one-trick pony," a deep-threat boundary receiver with dubious route-running skills. Wallace has developed into much more than that, even the Steelers would admit, but there are some in the organization who feel Brown has a much bigger upside. And some, too, who won't lie sleepless at night if the team loses Wallace in free agency, and gains another first-round pick as compensation.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17425826/steelers-wallace-might-not-be-as-coveted-as-thought

Good article on Wallace
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace not as coveted as thought?   Wallace not as coveted as thought? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Interesting article with some food for thought. I'm not sure about that whole "not many interested suitors" thing though. We've heard the Patriots, Bengals, Ravens, and 49ers mentioned as possible teams with interest. They also all have lower first round draft picks which won't be as painful to forfeit for a proven commodity like Wallace.

I still wouldn't bet the farm that Wallace will be a Steeler next season, but it certainly looks more promising than it did 2-3 days ago.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Wallace not as coveted as thought?   Wallace not as coveted as thought? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
We've heard the Patriots, Bengals, Ravens, and 49ers mentioned as possible teams with interest.

So says Wallace and his agent. Wallace not as coveted as thought? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace not as coveted as thought?   Wallace not as coveted as thought? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:50 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
We've heard the Patriots, Bengals, Ravens, and 49ers mentioned as possible teams with interest.

So says Wallace and his agent. Wallace not as coveted as thought? 1797695198

Wallace not as coveted as thought? 1797695198

I have heard chatter on sports talk radio in Baltimore about it though(I live near and work around Baltimore). Granted, that doesn't automatically equate to the Ravens having interest in him, but a lot of the national media has talked about those teams having a need for a receiver like Wallace, the cap room, the money to pay out for a new contract, and a lower 1st round draft pick to sacrifice for his services. It can't all be just speculation.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace not as coveted as thought?   Wallace not as coveted as thought? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:08 am

Even with his drops, if another team picks him up, they are doing it solely for his speed. No matter who he plays against, you have to respect his speed, which can take two players out of a play the moment he runs a '9' route. And if it doesn't bring over double coverage, then it opens up deep routes (assuming the QB can throw the ball that far)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace not as coveted as thought? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace not as coveted as thought?   Wallace not as coveted as thought? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace not as coveted as thought?
Page 1 of 1