Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDid Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? Empty
PostSubject: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:04 pm

March, 4, 2012
By Jamison Hensley

The New Orleans Saints find themselves involved in a major scandal after the NFL uncovered a bounty pool of up to $50,000 the last three seasons to reward game-ending injuries inflicted on opposing players.

But this isn't the first time that the league has investigated a team for targeting opposing players for profit. In October 2008, linebacker Terrell Suggs told an Atlanta radio station that the Ravens had "a bounty" -- yes, he used that word -- on wide receiver Hines Ward and running back Rashard Mendenhall.

His comments about a bounty seemed valid because it came after Mendenhall sustained a season-ending shoulder injury on a hit by Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis. Suggs later clarified his remarks, explaining the Ravens were merely planning to keep a close eye on certain players.

"There wasn't any bounty," Suggs said in 2008. "He [the talk show host] asked me if there was a bounty and I just said I'm going to keep a watch on the guy. He [Ward] broke some guy's jaw last week, and he tried to cheap-shot JJ [Jarret Johnson]. He has also cheap-shotted Ed Reed. We're just going to be on alert the next time we play him."

All the NFL did was send Suggs a letter informing him that any further comments or on-field activity indicating his participation in bounty activity could result in "significant disciplinary action."

So, did the Ravens have bounties out on the Steelers? No one can say for sure without any proof. But Suggs knows the definition of "bounty." For him to use that word, it makes this a legitimate question.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/43507/did-ravens-put-bounties-out-on-steelers

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"No one can say for sure without any proof"???????? How much more proof do you need than a confession? The only reason he came out later and tried to "clarify" his comments (or backpedal on them, whichever way you want to interpret it) is because he was told by one of his tamers that he could be putting himself and the Ravens team in hot water with those comments. After several lashes and a half-dozen cattle prod shots, he vaguely understood and attempted to change his tune.

Nice try T-Fizzle. I ain't buying the horseshit you were pedaling then or now. Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 131212936

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm sure there were bounties then. And I'm sure the Steelers have had bounties on other players before. The Saints were just stupid enough to get busted.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 pm

JonM229 wrote:
And I'm sure the Steelers have had bounties on other players before.

No way. Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 3807339578 Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 2474380249 Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 1890901109

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if every teams done this once or twice, at least.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Now we just have to figure out who put a bounty of Buddha's prostate.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Now we just have to figure out who put a bounty of Buddha's prostate.

That was most assuredly (see what I did there? Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 2981382511 ) my boss. He wants to make sure he's the only one ruining that area. Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 am

JonM229 wrote:
I'm sure there were bounties then. And I'm sure the Steelers have had bounties on other players before. The Saints were just stupid enough to get busted.

Bounties? Oh snap! I didn't see nuttin'!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:44 am

solardave wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Bounties? Oh snap! I didn't see nuttin'!!! Shocked

Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 1647293567

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 am

seems like Harrison Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? B43bffbc09c60cf8ba3ece679567f073 didn't need no stinkin bounties. he hits the fuck out of everyone, the way the game is should be played. Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 am

effyou515 wrote:
seems like Harrison Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? B43bffbc09c60cf8ba3ece679567f073 didn't need no stinkin bounties. he hits the fuck out of everyone, the way the game is should be played. Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 1797695198

Either that or he really likes money

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:58 pm

JonM229 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Either that or he really likes money

got da make some extra money to pay them Goodell fines. Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers?   Did Ravens put bounties out on Steelers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1