Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKey Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North Empty
PostSubject: Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North   Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:10 pm

March 13, 2012 3:01 PM
By: Tony Meale

NFL Free Agency has begun and we’re taking a look at which players each team and division needs to pick up to improve in the 2012 season.

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

The crusade for cap space continues in Pittsburgh, as the Steelers have released Hines Ward, James Farrior, Aaron Smith, Chris Kemoeatu and Arnaz Battle, among others.

Mike Wallace may be the next casualty – and if he is, he’ll likely remain in the AFC, which would be a crushing blow to the Steelers. Antonio Brown is a stud-in-the-making, but he can’t do it alone. Re-signing Wallace is pivotal to Pittsburgh’s 2012 hopes.

With Rashard Mendenhall’s availability in question for next season, the Steelers should be eying Trent Richardson and Lamar Miller, among others, come April.

Defensively, the Steelers could use help at linebacker. Alabama’s Dont’a Hightower would be an ideal candidate, as would Boston College standout Luke Kuechly. More depth in the secondary would also be good (hey, we all saw what happened when Ryan Clark was inactive against Denver).

The Steelers are the Steelers and will probably once again be the team to beat in the AFC by the time the playoffs roll around, but they enter the season with far more uncertainty than in years past – making Big Ben’s relationship with Todd Haley all the more important.

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/03/13/key-free-agency-pick-ups-for-the-steelers-and-afc-north/

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North   Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 am

I don't think they need to draft a stud RB. Redman and those young RBs should be able to carry the load this year. Besides, I've always believed you need the hogs to create the running lanes before you worry about the horses that run through those lanes. Here's an original idea ... how about bringing in a true FB Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North 2087824411
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North   Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:07 am

kirklandrules wrote:
I don't think they need to draft a stud RB. Redman and those young RBs should be able to carry the load this year. Besides, I've always believed you need the hogs to create the running lanes before you worry about the horses that run through those lanes. Here's an original idea ... how about bringing in a true FB Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North 2087824411

Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North 3964572787

what kirklandrules said!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North   Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Don't get Truck started. Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North 1664291743

If we were able to land a stud RB somehow, I wouldn't be against it. But in general, I agree with you that we should be fine with the backs we already have. We have many more pressing needs.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North   Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:52 pm

I also think RB is fine even without Mendy. No need to waste picks/money on an area that's above average IMHO.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North   Key Free Agency Pick-Ups For The Steelers And AFC North Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1