Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler Empty
PostSubject: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler   Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Posted by Evan Silva

A month ago, Steelers G.M. Kevin Colbert provided a gloomy outlook for running back Rashard Mendenhall’s recovery from a January 1 ACL tear. Colbert said the Steelers wouldn’t count on Mendenhall to be ready for Week One, and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review subsequently reported Mendenhall would open the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

After speaking to team sources, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has an even more pessimistic view of Mendenhall’s future.

Bouchette suggests Mendenhall has taken “his last carry” in Pittsburgh, and that he might not play at all in 2012.

Sources told the Post-Gazette that the Steelers don’t believe Mendenhall will return to form “until at least the 2013 season,” and by that point Mendenhall may have signed elsewhere. Due a $700,000 salary in the final year of his rookie deal, Mendenhall’s contract expires next March.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/mendenhall-may-have-played-last-snap-as-a-steeler/
------------------------------------------------------------

I've got three words for ya ... Suddeness and Glide. Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler 2981382511

I'm going to be honest ... I've never been a big Mendenhall fan. He's a solid running back, but there's nothing really special about him. I think Redman can be every bit as productive. We already have enough depth to carry through the immediate future. Now we just need to start thinking long term. Mendy's absence isn't anything I'm going to be overly concerned about.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler   Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:50 am

And this is why Mike Tolbert made my nipples hard. Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler 2913999526 Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler 3798349058

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler   Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:05 am

I thought Mendenhall was a good pickup, but after watching him the last few years behind a suspect line, I feel that he has forgotten how to truly run the ball. Of course it's a double edge sword. If we don't shore up our O-line, it won't matter who you have back there (unless it's Barry Sanders - because he never had an o-line), they will not be as productive as they should. But without a strong RB, it won't matter how great our O-line is if the guy can't hit the holes.

My wish is to take an O-linemen in the first round, followed by a RB next. And if Wallace ends up going elsewhere, that would give us an additional first round pick. If that's the case, then take a RB first followed by the O-line.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler   Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 am

stlrtruck wrote:
My wish is to take an O-linemen in the first round, followed by a RB next. And if Wallace ends up going elsewhere, that would give us an additional first round pick. If that's the case, then take a RB first followed by the O-line.
I agree that O-line is a top concern, but I'm more concerned about finding a replacement for Farrior and an eventual replacement for Hampton than I am about finding a replacement for Mendy. We don't lose much, if anything, with Redman. And Dwyer, Clay, Batch, and Moore will provide more than adequate depth. I wouldn't be opposed to trying to find a gem in the later rounds, but I think we have too many other needs to make it a priority.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler   Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 am

I think we should trade for Tebow as a running back. Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler 1689750825 Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler 755331329

I've got a broken VCR around here somewhere. That should be compensation enough for him. Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler   Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler
Page 1 of 1