Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2

Go down 
+3
Bays
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 Empty
PostSubject: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 Adams4

Steelers select Mike Adams

SteelersXtreme.com

No one can accuse the Steelers of not addressing the offensive line in this year's draft. One day after taking Stanford guard David DeCastro in the first round, Pittsburgh selected Ohio State tackle Mike Adams with the 56th pick in the second round Friday.

Adams was projected as a first-round pick, but his value dropped after testing positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine in February. That wasn't enough to deter the Steelers from drafting the 6-foot-7, 325-pound tackle to help rebuild an offensive line that has been an obvious weakness in recent years.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Shocking considering his testing positive for marijuana, but another great o-line talent that has fallen into our laps. No excuses for this o-line now. They absolutely MUST show drastic improvement over the last several years. I'm excited to see what our offense can do now that Ben will get more than .0004 seconds to drop back and our RBs won't be getting met by three defenders in the backfield at the point of the handoff. Excellent draft so far.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm

I think we're finally going to get our answer as to what the problem is .... the O-line or Ben holding onto the ball too long.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I think we're finally going to get our answer as to what the problem is .... the O-line or Ben holding onto the ball too long.

I'm still gonna blame Arians. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

That goes without say. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

That goes without say. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1664291743

Of course, there's the new whipping boy in town.... Todd Haley. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 3135543967

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Line coach Sean Kugler was asked this question in regard to drafting Adams:

Does this change your plans to move Marcus Gilbert to left tackle?

His answer:

I’m going to have a few beers tonight and think about it.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Second-Round-Press-Conference-Transcript/2d1a007c-2ab9-4035-aa52-9946b1e7aa3a
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1549491426
Someone send an Xtreme invite to Kugler. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Lmao! Got to love that response Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1797695198

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 pm

For the past 5 years the Steelers offensive line has been nothing more than a merry-go-round of players. Due to lack of talent and injuries, the Steelers have moved players from one position to another along that line ... and it hasn't been that successful (in pass protection and running yards). It's rare to have a lineman be decent at more than one position. Watching Alan Faneca in 2003 move out to left tackle was something special. He played left tackle almost as well as his natural left guard spot. But that was a rare sight. Jack-of-all-trades, masters-of-none. That doesn't work in the NFL where players must master at least one position.

Drafting o-linemen in the first two rounds in this year's draft, the Steelers are telling the fans they want masters in the trenches.

I found the following quote on PG. Music to my ears!

Kugler has had to juggle offensive linemen over the past two seasons and said that was only out of necessity. His goal, he said, is to have five stable starters and not move them around.

"I don't want moving parts,'' Kugler said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-go-with-ohio-state-ot-in-second-round-633413/?p=1
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Good points, KR. We've done nothing but bitch about the line for years. So no one can bitch about our first two picks.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:03 am

Quote :
Adams was projected as a first-round pick, but his value dropped after testing positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine in February

I sure in the hell hope this guy doesn't turn into another Santonio Holmes. Personally, I could care less if the guy smoked a little hooch. Just hope he doesn't continue to do so during the regular season.

Quote :
Excellent draft so far

Totally agree!!! Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1372836603 Im kinda bummed about Hightower, though. And of all teams to land him Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 2306309830

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:27 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Im kinda bummed about Hightower, though. And of all teams to land him Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 2306309830
It could have been worse. The Ravens were targeting him.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:04 am

Good Article on Adams

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12119/1227890-66.stm

The Steelers went out of their comfort zone in two very big ways, bucking their history and challenging their own sense of rejecting players of questionable character when they drafted Ohio State Mike Adams in the second round Friday night.

The Steelers concluded their second day of the NFL draft by choosing inside linebacker Sean Spence of Miami in the third round.

It's the first time since 1968 that they have drafted two offensive linemen in the first two rounds, taking Adams one day after they drafted Stanford guard David DeCastro with the first pick.

And they dug deep into their research to draft a player who tested positive for marijuana use at the Indianapolis combine, then lied to everyone about it.

Adams, who is 6 feet 7 1/4, 322 pounds, apparently was mortified when he learned he had tested positive. A native of Farrell, Pa., and a lifelong Steelers fan he said, according to his agent, Monroeville native Eric Metz, "I blew it. I blew my chance of being a Steeler."

Metz said he told him: "If you were my son, I'd tell you to get in the car, drive up there, see them face to face like a man and tell them you screwed up. He got in his car and drove over there. It was important to him, he wanted to be a Steeler."

When he arrived, he met with Colbert, coach Mike Tomlin and president Art Rooney.

"We told him he was off our draft board," Colbert said.

But the fact that Adams made that drive, which the Steelers appreciated, led to circumstances that culminated in them drafting him Friday night.

"For me, it was more about trying to get back in their good graces," Adams said. "I knew I screwed up, I was a lifelong Steelers fan. I wanted to show my remorse and let them know I love that organization and will do anything to be part of it."

The Steelers laid out some stipulations for Adams to get back on their draft board, which included counseling. Colbert said he met them all, and they gave him a first-round grade on their board.

Adams laid out what he must do now: "Do the things I'm supposed to do, make the right decisions and produce on the field. As long as I do the right things, I think everything will be OK."

Read more: http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12119/1227890-66.stm#ixzz1tJuR2hAY

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:40 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Shocking considering his testing positive for marijuana, but another great o-line talent that has fallen into our laps. No excuses for this o-line now. They absolutely MUST show drastic improvement over the last several years. I'm excited to see what our offense can do now that Ben will get more than .0004 seconds to drop back and our RBs won't be getting met by three defenders in the backfield at the point of the handoff. Excellent draft so far.

When Ben gets sacked this year we'll fine him for loitering!!!! Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:49 am

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

When Ben gets sacked this year we'll fine him for loitering!!!! Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1797695198

Or flag him for 5 yards for delay of game. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:05 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Line coach Sean Kugler was asked this question in regard to drafting Adams:

Does this change your plans to move Marcus Gilbert to left tackle?

His answer:

I’m going to have a few beers tonight and think about it.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Second-Round-Press-Conference-Transcript/2d1a007c-2ab9-4035-aa52-9946b1e7aa3a
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1549491426
Someone send an Xtreme invite to Kugler. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1664291743

Sounds like he belongs on this board. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1647293567
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:28 pm

A buddy of mine that lives on the same floor of my apartment complex went to OSU and did papers for Mike Adams. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 1505004552 He does still have his phone number. Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 3135543967

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2   Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers select Mike Adams in Round 2
Page 1 of 1