Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers mine the line in draft Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers mine the line in draft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers mine the line in draft Empty
PostSubject: Steelers mine the line in draft   Steelers mine the line in draft EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:54 am

Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:45 pm | Updated: 10:30 pm, Sat Apr 28, 2012.
By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

PITTSBURGH -- Almost by accident, the Steelers filled two needs on a shaky offensive line that could soon be the best in the NFL.

And by doing so, they should be able to protect their franchise player for years to come.

One can only wonder how delighted Ben Roethlisberger must be now that the Steelers plucked offensive linemen with the first two picks of a draft for the first time since 1968.

"I certainly didn't expect it," line coach Sean Kugler said. "I feel fortunate to have two quality players that we thought very highly of."

Thursday in the first round, the Steelers were amazed that David DeCastro was there for the taking. The All-American from Stanford, the consensus No. 1-rated guard in the draft, was supposed to be long gone by the time the Steelers picked at No. 24.

But now, the Steelers believe they have the second coming of Alan Faneca, the first-round pick of the 1998 draft who's easily the greatest guard in franchise history.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-mine-the-line-in-draft/article_6300bb5f-de18-5617-b9c1-95bb97ece29a.html

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers mine the line in draft   Steelers mine the line in draft EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 am

If everybody stays healthy we should have one of the best Olines in the league
For many years to come

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers mine the line in draft   Steelers mine the line in draft EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:20 pm

fer69 wrote:
If everybody stays healthy we should have one of the best Olines in the league
For many years to come

I agree. We picked up 2 of the best at a discount. You can't get much better than that.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers mine the line in draft   Steelers mine the line in draft EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:04 pm

ben is going to reap huge rewards with this line. the next question is who going to handle the running back duties

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers mine the line in draft   Steelers mine the line in draft EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:58 am

vasteeler wrote:
ben is going to reap huge rewards with this line. the next question is who going to handle the running back duties

I'd say Redman going in. After that we have Batch, Clay, Dwyer, Memo and the new kid Rainey.

I'm anxious to see this competition play out. I'm rooting for Batch. I think Rainey will pay dividends right off in the return game. Getting off track a little I also think Spence is going to be a ST demon.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers mine the line in draft   Steelers mine the line in draft EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:00 am

Quote :
the Steelers filled two needs on a shaky offensive line that could soon be the best in the NFL.

That just seems almost unfathomable considering the line we've dealt with in recent memory.
I'm going to repeat it because I'm getting giddy just thinking about the possibility.

Quote :
the Steelers filled two needs on a shaky offensive line that could soon be the best in the NFL.
Quote :
Quote :
Quote :
Quote :

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers mine the line in draft   Steelers mine the line in draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1