Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
solardave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle Empty
PostSubject: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:19 am

Ben Roethlisberger played on a gimpy ankle in Pittsburgh's Week 15 clash against the San Francisco 49ers, and he did not play particularly well. He hobbled his way to a three-interception, two-fumble performance in a game that the Steelers lost 20-3. That Roethlisberger should have sat out was a widely held opinion among Steelers fans at the time.

Hindsight being what it is, that opinion looks more valid now than ever. The Steelers were thumped anyway, and Ben Roethlisberger also says that the 49ers attempted to further injure his gimpy ankle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ben-roethlisberger-49ers-targeted-ankle-154506012.html

I didn't see this posted yet. Just saw it this morning. It doesn't surprise me. After all there is a Harbaugh behind it and he's probably "glad they did it"!!! Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:44 am

It may not be popular opinion, but I wouldn't see anything wrong with a team targeting an injury of an opposing player as long as it was done legally and between the whistles. That's just smart football in my eyes. I'm not saying they should be out to permanently injure someone, but if the injured player puts themselves at risk by playing hurt, then we can't cry about spilled milk if they are further injured. If I knew an opposing player was hurting, I'd bang away at that injury as often as possible (legally) in hopes of that player leaving the game, thus increasing my team's chances of winning.

No harm, no foul IMHO.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:07 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
It may not be popular opinion, but I wouldn't see anything wrong with a team targeting an injury of an opposing player as long as it was done legally and between the whistles. That's just smart football in my eyes. I'm not saying they should be out to permanently injure someone, but if the injured player puts themselves at risk by playing hurt, then we can't cry about spilled milk if they are further injured. If I knew an opposing player was hurting, I'd bang away at that injury as often as possible (legally) in hopes of that player leaving the game, thus increasing my team's chances of winning.

No harm, no foul IMHO.

But to hit a QB below the knees (when he's in the pocket) is already against the rules. Of course Ben likes to move around a lot so who knows when and where they targeted his ankle.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:17 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

No harm, no foul IMHO.

But to hit a QB below the knees (when he's in the pocket) is already against the rules. Of course Ben likes to move around a lot so who knows when and where they targeted his ankle.

I read an article that stated someone analyzed the game film from that game and found no evidence of anyone targeting Ben's ankle. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it's outside of the pocket or running downfield. Anything against the rules should be punished, but I doubt there's any evidence to substantiate the claims. Probably more of Ben's "drama king" antics. That or he was just overly sensitive to a bad injury and it SEEMED like every hit was an intentional hit to the injury.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:35 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

No harm, no foul IMHO.

You guys are right. This morning NFL network showed some replays and I saw a hit or 2 below the knees but nothing that looked like they were trying to snap his ankle. Plus you go for the weakest link. A few of us thought Ben should have sat out that game and in hindsight he should have. My reference to Harbaugh was really aimed at his a-hole brother who said he was glad Haluki Nada broke Ben's nose. To me that is outside the lines IMHO.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:23 am

what a crybaby

This coming from a fan of a team who's head coach is a big crybaby

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:27 am

JonM229 wrote:
what a crybaby

This coming from a fan of a team who's head coach is a big crybaby

Yeah but my crybaby has won 2 SB's, what has your crybaby won?

Let's see, 2 premature gatorade baths, multiple early exits from the playoffs (2 of which have come at the hands of my crybaby)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:31 am

Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 2440041547 VS. Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 2440041547

Will this game be played at Whinez Field or M&T Crank Stadium? Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:12 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 2440041547 VS. Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 2440041547

Will this game be played at Whinez Field or EMPTY BANK Stadium? Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 3798349058

Fixed it. Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle 184121345
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:25 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

No harm, no foul IMHO.

He wasn't talking about during play though...he was talking about after the whistle, while everyone is in a pile, they would target his ankle. This article is just stating the obvious though, of course your injuries are going to be targeted by the opposing team if they can get away with it.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I read an article that stated someone analyzed the game film from that game and found no evidence of anyone targeting Ben's ankle. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it's outside of the pocket or running downfield. Anything against the rules should be punished, but I doubt there's any evidence to substantiate the claims. Probably more of Ben's "drama king" antics. That or he was just overly sensitive to a bad injury and it SEEMED like every hit was an intentional hit to the injury.
Exactly.

I watched the game and didn't notice anyone going after his ankle. And if they did, that's a part of football. That's why it's not a good idea for players to talk about their injuries. I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I remember last season there was some controversy because Arian Foster tweeted something about an injury he had, telling specifically where the injury was on his leg. If I remember correctly, the controversy was now teams would be targeting that area on his leg. Quite honestly though, Ben shouldn't have been playing in that game to begin with.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Quite honestly though, Ben shouldn't have been playing in that game to begin with.

Exactamundo! We would have at least had a puncher's chance in that game if we'd have just fielded Batch or Dixon instead. Not saying we'd have won, but Ben was an obvious hindrance in that game. He had nothing to give though I admired his toughness and desire to play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle   Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Says 49ers Targeted His Ankle
Page 1 of 1