Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStarks awaits another chance in NFL  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Starks awaits another chance in NFL

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Starks awaits another chance in NFL  Empty
PostSubject: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:28 am

By Mark Kaboly
Tribune-Review

When the Steelers decided to move Willie Colon to left guard and keep Marcus Gilbert at right tackle, the one person they didn’t have in mind to fill the void at left tackle was Max Starks.

The veteran free agent has yet to be contacted by the Steelers, seemingly further solidifying the team’s intentions of giving rookie second-round pick Mike Adams every opportunity of winning the left tackle job in training camp.

“I have not had contact with management or anybody like that,” Starks said Friday while on his way to rehab his surgically repaired knee in Phoenix. “I guess eventually I will hear something from them … or maybe not.”

The Steelers seem intent on revamping their offensive line, even if that means doing something they rarely do: Start rookie offensive linemen.

The Steelers have started a rookie up front to open the season three times since the 1970 merger — Tom Ricketts in 1989, Marvel Smith in 2000 and Maurkice Pouncey in 2010.

They could have two — Adams and first-round pick David DeCastro — in the starting lineup Week 1 in Denver.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1820967-85/starks-steelers-camp-ready-tackle-adams-training-week-acl-offensive?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29
------------------------------------------------------------------

I forget the situation with Starks, but unless it's a money issue, I'd much rather have Adams-Starks-Essex than Adams-Essex-Scott. I'd take Starks with a torn ACL over Jonathan Scott. I'd take a one-legged Starks over Jonathan Scott. Hell, I'd take a deceased Starks over Jonathan Scott. Prop him up and force defenders to run around him. That's still better protection than Jonathan Scott provides.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:59 am

Wallace108 wrote:
By Mark Kaboly
Tribune-Review

When the Steelers decided to move Willie Colon to left guard and keep Marcus Gilbert at right tackle, the one person they didn’t have in mind to fill the void at left tackle was Max Starks.

The veteran free agent has yet to be contacted by the Steelers, seemingly further solidifying the team’s intentions of giving rookie second-round pick Mike Adams every opportunity of winning the left tackle job in training camp.

“I have not had contact with management or anybody like that,” Starks said Friday while on his way to rehab his surgically repaired knee in Phoenix. “I guess eventually I will hear something from them … or maybe not.”

The Steelers seem intent on revamping their offensive line, even if that means doing something they rarely do: Start rookie offensive linemen.

The Steelers have started a rookie up front to open the season three times since the 1970 merger — Tom Ricketts in 1989, Marvel Smith in 2000 and Maurkice Pouncey in 2010.

They could have two — Adams and first-round pick David DeCastro — in the starting lineup Week 1 in Denver.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1820967-85/starks-steelers-camp-ready-tackle-adams-training-week-acl-offensive?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29
------------------------------------------------------------------

I forget the situation with Starks, but unless it's a money issue, I'd much rather have Adams-Starks-Essex than Adams-Essex-Scott. I'd take Starks with a torn ACL over Jonathan Scott. I'd take a one-legged Starks over Jonathan Scott. Hell, I'd take a deceased Starks over Jonathan Scott. Prop him up and force defenders to run around him. That's still better protection than Jonathan Scott provides.

Let me see if I got this right Wally. You not real fond on Jonathan Scott! Starks awaits another chance in NFL  3798349058
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:10 am

solardave wrote:
Let me see if I got this right Wally. You not real fond on Jonathan Scott! Starks awaits another chance in NFL  3798349058
He probably couldn't block me or you, but I'm sure he's a swell guy.
It seems like there's always at least one player on the team who makes you think, "Uh, what exactly are the coaches seeing here?" Yeah, Scott is that guy.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

It seems like there's always at least one player on the team who makes you think, "Uh, what exactly are the coaches seeing here?" Yeah, Scott is that guy.

Especially since Kemo and McFadden have been sent packing. Starks awaits another chance in NFL  3798349058

I'd rather have Starks over Scott too. He provides insurance as a starter-quality tackle in case Adams isn't ready to step in on day one and a significant upgrade at backup if Adams is ready to start.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
He provides insurance as a starter-quality tackle in case Adams isn't ready to step in on day one and a significant upgrade at backup if Adams is ready to start.
Exactly. And with a new offense and at least one new O-lineman (2 if we count Colon), it would be better if he's there from Day 1 rather than bringing him in mid-season if the need arose.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:20 pm

i'm with you guys Scott's probably the nicest player the steelers have may be even nicer
than Troy but as a blocker he SUCKS,They should bring back Starks (asap) that way he can learn the
new play book imo

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:
He probably couldn't block me or you, but I'm sure he's a swell guy.

Second coming of Tony Hills! Starks awaits another chance in NFL  1797695198
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:19 pm

i wouldnt mind a healthy starks back. if im not mistaken he tore out his knee in the game against the donkeys. i was thinking that would be a year long rehab Starks awaits another chance in NFL  2087824411

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starks awaits another chance in NFL    Starks awaits another chance in NFL  Empty

Back to top Go down

Starks awaits another chance in NFL
Page 1 of 1