Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeColon welcomes position switch Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Colon welcomes position switch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Colon welcomes position switch Empty
PostSubject: Colon welcomes position switch   Colon welcomes position switch EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:11 am

Colon welcomes position switch 4fbc5ecd32256.preview-300

By Mike Bires mbires@timnesonline.com

PITTSBURGH — Willie Colon has no problem moving from tackle to guard. In fact, he embraces the switch.

“I will kick ass regardless,” he said Tuesday after the first of 10 Steelers’ OTAs this spring. “Whatever position I play, I will be aggressive. That’s my temperament. That’s what it is.”

Colon started every game at right tackle from 2007-09. But he missed the 2010 season after tearing his Achilles’ tendon during an off-season workout. He missed most of last season after tearing his triceps in the opener at Baltimore.

The Steelers decided to move Colon to guard after taking Ohio State tackle Mike Adams, who’s 6-foot-7 and 323 pounds, in the second round of this year’s draft.

At 6-3 and 315 pounds, Colon has a physique that may be better suited at guard.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-colon-welcomes-position-switch/article_7cb7fff5-ad14-5e59-b5c1-423f91219e17.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Colon welcomes position switch   Colon welcomes position switch EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:55 am

Health is the issue. We all know he can play at a probowl level if he stays healthy. I'd love to see him back for a complete season!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Colon welcomes position switch   Colon welcomes position switch EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:59 am

I like Colon's attitude towards the switch. He seems like he wants to prove he can do whatever the team asks him to do and confident he can do it at a high level. I know there were some concerns or rumblings in the past that Colon might be hesitant to make the switch. This should assuage all of those fears now and, like Dave said, it's all about staying healthy and backing your words up on the field.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Colon welcomes position switch   Colon welcomes position switch EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:42 am

it will be nice to have a healthy colon................ Colon welcomes position switch 312503953

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Colon welcomes position switch   Colon welcomes position switch EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:50 am

vasteeler wrote:
it will be nice to have a healthy colon................ Colon welcomes position switch 312503953

Colon welcomes position switch 1549491426

That bit never gets old. Colon welcomes position switch 1664291743

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Colon welcomes position switch   Colon welcomes position switch EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:31 pm

vasteeler wrote:

No shit!!!! I couldn't resist! Colon welcomes position switch 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colon welcomes position switch   Colon welcomes position switch Empty

Back to top Go down

Colon welcomes position switch
Page 1 of 1