Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role

Go down 
+3
vasteeler
Bays
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role Empty
PostSubject: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:44 am

By Mark Kaboly

Published: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated 6 hours ago

Jonathan Dwyer was projected as a top 30 prospect before the NFL Combine in 2010. After the combine, his stock plummeted as questions about his weight and conditioning arose.

It cost him six rounds in the draft.

A year later, Dwyer arrived at training camp 20 pounds overweight and found himself in coach Mike Tomlin’s doghouse. He was inactive for the first four games.

Dwyer isn’t about to let his weight cost him another opportunity — arguably the biggest of his life.

Dwyer is set to be the backup running back to Isaac Redman when the Steelers start the season Sept. 9 in Denver. That is, if he comes into training camp in shape.

“I am pretty sure he has gotten it now,” Redman said. “I feel a light bulb went off in his head, and he is going to come to camp ready to go.”

Dwyer’s actions are saying the same.

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2101567-85/dwyer-camp-redman-steelers-training-season-shape-weight-isaac-jonathan?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm very interested to see what Dwyer can bring to the team if he has his head on straight and comes into camp in shape. He's shown some flashes in extremely limited playing time. I think Tomlin just doesn't suffer fools very well and considers guys who come in out of shape to be lazy, wasteful, and not too bright (*see Casey Hampton).

That has been his biggest hurdle to overcome so far... his weight. If he can get that under control and couple that with increased playing time due to Mendenhall's injury, he has a golden opportunity to prove himself and become a mainstay with this team. He may even make Mendenhall expendable next year.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 am

We have so many Running Back's with talent and promise, it's impossible for me to picks favorites. Hopefully Dwyer get's in shape and avoids being the odd man out.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:58 am

bayz101 wrote:
We have so many Running Back's with talent and promise, it's impossible for me to picks favorites. Hopefully Dwyer get's in shape and avoids being the odd man out.

I agree, but promise and results are 2 different things. I really think a couple of these guys (Dwyer especially) see the opportunity they have this year to stand out and make an impression with the loss of Mendy. I wholly believe a couple of them will step up and show the team they are NFL players and maybe even more. Mendy's injury could be more painful to him than he realizes if these guys can shine.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 am

with all the backs that we do have, we are in pretty good shape. i would think one of them will have a monster year

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:15 am

vasteeler wrote:
with all the backs that we do have, we are in pretty good shape. i would think one of them will have a monster year

With the upgraded additions to the o-line, I might be able to have a monster year. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

With the upgraded additions to the o-line, I might be able to have a monster year. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198

well then.....get your ass to camp Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am

vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

well then.....get your ass to camp Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3798349058

That sounds exhausting. I think I'll just lay on the couch and eat potato chips and drink beer instead. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 am

vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Buddha's ass alone is enough to fill the 53-man roster. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3798349058

Of all the running backs, Dwyer is the one I'm least excited about. Other than a couple runs that resulted from the line creating huge holes, I haven't seen anything from him that really impressed me. But he'll get a chance to prove me wrong.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 am

Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Buddha's ass alone is enough to fill the 53-man roster. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3798349058

Of all the running backs, Dwyer is the one I'm least excited about. Other than a couple runs that resulted from the line creating huge holes, I haven't seen anything from him that really impressed me. But he'll get a chance to prove me wrong.

Speaking of asses... hey, Wally! Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 2000130356

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 pm

I think he should spend the off season in New York City.

If he'd just stop drinking all those extra large sodas, he might even become anorexic

Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role We_bel10
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

You've seen buddha's ass?
Are you two like..... You know "good friends" Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3798349058

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 pm

fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Are you two like..... You know "good friends" Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3798349058

Why I oughta..... Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 879116055

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Why I oughta..... Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 879116055

It's ok Buddha you have the right to be happy Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 pm

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

It's ok Buddha you have the right to be happy Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198

You keep it up and I'll toss you in a shower with Jon and his dog. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3102619762

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

You keep it up and I'll toss you in a shower with Jon and his dog. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 3102619762

Is that a promise? Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1549491426

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:57 pm

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Is that a promise? Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1549491426

I actually perceived it to be a grave threat. Shocked

I may have to re-evaluate the company I keep around here. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:56 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

In SHAPE TOO!!!!! Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:57 pm

solardave wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

In SHAPE TOO!!!!! Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1797695198

Round is a shape. Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role 1378315869

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role   Steelers’ Dwyer intent on losing weight, increasing role Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1