Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Adams making up for lost time this offseason Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason

Go down 
+3
fer69
solardave
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason Empty
PostSubject: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Posted by Josh Alper on July 3, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT

The Steelers have given rookie tackle Mike Adams a clear path to the starting left tackle job, but he’s still going to have to prove he can handle the role this summer.

Adams had to navigate his first stumbling blocks this spring thanks to the NFL’s rule barring players from joining their drafted teams until after their schools have finished up their semester. Ohio State’s schedule left Adams, a second-round pick in April, stuck in Columbus during OTAs, meaning he had just the rookie and mandatory minicamps to work with the team before training camp starts at the end of the month.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/03/mike-adams-making-up-for-lost-time-this-offseason/

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Hopefully these 2 will live up to their potential and we'll have a solid line for some time to come.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:22 pm

I think Adams is gonna have a monster year We all know decastro is good but there's something about this guy I really like

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:54 pm

fer69 wrote:
I think Adams is gonna have a monster year We all know decastro is good but there's something about this guy I really like

If Adams, Keenan Lewis, and Foote/Sylvester/Spence play like we're hoping, this could be an amazing year. Personally, after our draft and with the addition of Haley, I'm more optimistic for this season then I have been in many moons!
Back to top Go down
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 pm

solardave wrote:
Hopefully these 2 will live up to their potential and we'll have a solid line for some time to come.

If Adams works out, our OLine will be the youngest I've ever seen... and the best we've had in a decade+. Pouncey, DeCastro and Adams are 22, Gilbert is 24, and old-man Colon is 29. Also (even though largely an unknown, and very green), we've heard good reports on Beachum... and he's 23.

With Legs, Foster and Essex on the backburner, we've got quality depth to boot.

Notice I didn't include the words, "quality" and Jonathan Scott in the same sentence. Can we give him back to Buffalo for Kraig Urbik back? Or, possibly just gift-wrap him and send him there? Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I have nothing to add to the thread. Just wanted to say that I'm glad to see you posting, Lemon. Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Correction, I do have something to add ...

Lemondrop wrote:
Notice I didn't include the words, "quality" and Jonathan Scott in the same sentence. Can we give him back to Buffalo for Kraig Urbik back? Or, possibly just gift-wrap him and send him there? Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1797695198

You've been paying attention. Taking a cheap shot at Scott is a good way to get a Rep point around here. Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1797695198
So congrats on your first Rep point.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Lemondrop wrote:

i heard Buffalos waterboy is pretty good Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1664291743

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:30 pm

I am very skeptical about Adams, but I hope he proves me wrong. I would love to see what this offense would be like with a great O-line. It's no mystery we give up a lot of sacks (with a pretty mobile QB to boot)

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:39 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Lemondrop wrote:

You've been paying attention. Taking a cheap shot at Scott is a good way to get a Rep point around here. Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1797695198

I'll see your point and raise you one Wally..... Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Lemondrop wrote:

Thanks... but big Jon earned it, all on his own. He couldn't make it in Buffalo, and now they have Urbik. I think they got the better of that exchange! Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I am very skeptical about Adams, but I hope he proves me wrong. I would love to see what this offense would be like with a great O-line. It's no mystery we give up a lot of sacks (with a pretty mobile QB to boot)

Mel Kiper (of all people) did a comparison of our OLine and the Ravens' - and Kiper is FROM B'More. He doesn't hide his bias well. And he said that the Ravens and Steelers' are going in opposite directions, OLine-wise. He said Baltimore was relying on "experienced veterans" and we're counting on "developing youngsters." Of course, the article points out that the Ravens have the oldest (projected) starting OLine, with 155 years of age amongst their 5 - and the Steelers' OLine averages 24 years of age. He waffled, saying both teams' Offenses were at risk - but the truth is, going forward, the Steelers' line should develop, and blossom - and the Ravens' line is just old. Not enough quality to justify hanging onto McKinnie, Bobbie Williams and Birk - but (worst of all) their backups don't have a single NFL start amongst them.

They drafted Osemele, then Gino Gradkowski (in the 4th) to replace Birk - and, IMO, a real reach. The problem is, they will need to have those guys play (with injury) and down the road, and I seriously question the talent of their youngsters. Jah Reid was a 3rd rounder last year, and he showed so little, they signed Williams.

I think, going forward, Baltimore is going to have real OLine problems, for the forseeable future.

Love it. Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:49 pm

Lemondrop wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

Mel Kiper (of all people) did a comparison of our OLine and the Ravens' - and Kiper is FROM B'More. He doesn't hide his bias well. And he said that the Ravens and Steelers' are going in opposite directions, OLine-wise. He said Baltimore was relying on "experienced veterans" and we're counting on "developing youngsters." Of course, the article points out that the Ravens have the oldest (projected) starting OLine, with 155 years of age amongst their 5 - and the Steelers' OLine averages 24 years of age. He waffled, saying both teams' Offenses were at risk - but the truth is, going forward, the Steelers' line should develop, and blossom - and the Ravens' line is just old. Not enough quality to justify hanging onto McKinnie, Bobbie Williams and Birk - but (worst of all) their backups don't have a single NFL start amongst them.

They drafted Osemele, then Gino Gradkowski (in the 4th) to replace Birk - and, IMO, a real reach. The problem is, they will need to have those guys play (with injury) and down the road, and I seriously question the talent of their youngsters. Jah Reid was a 3rd rounder last year, and he showed so little, they signed Williams.

I think, going forward, Baltimore is going to have real OLine problems, for the forseeable future.

Love it. Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason 1647293567
I think it's more than just the Ravens' O-line heading in the opposite direction. The entire team is getting really old, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them win only 9 games this year. The Steelers, on the other hand, got considerably younger at several key positions. And on the O-line, not only did they get younger but they also got better.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:15 am

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said "If I were to pick one NFL offensive line for the long term, it would be Pittsburgh's. But doing so came at a price in terms of high draft picks. Still, this is the best way to build a great offensive line."
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said "If I were to pick one NFL offensive line for the long term, it would be Pittsburgh's. But doing so came at a price in terms of high draft picks. Still, this is the best way to build a great offensive line."

That's what high draft picks are for, though.... addressing areas of weakness as long as you don't reach. No one can say we reached for any of our picks (aside from possibly Spence). In fact, we probably got the best value picks of any team in the league this year as a whole with DeCastro, Adams, Ta'amu, and Rainey falling to us when they did. I'd consider all of those guys steals where we got them.

The only possible area of need we had that didn't get addressed was at CB and that's still debatable. I think the team must have the utmost confidence in Brown, Lewis, or Allen filling the spot Willie Gay left behind. I believe that's why the CB position wasn't addressed in the draft. We've heard a lot of good things about them (Brown, Lewis, Allen), time for some of that to pay off.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason   Mike Adams making up for lost time this offseason Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1