Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCasey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Casey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Casey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over Empty
PostSubject: Casey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over   Casey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 29, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT

When Pittsburgh opened last season by taking a one-sided beatdown in Baltimore, Warren Sapp proclaimed that the Steelers were “old, slow and it’s over.” Casey Hampton is, at age 35, the second-oldest Steeler. And at well over 300 pounds and coming off a torn ACL, he may be the slowest Steeler as well. But he insists that it’s not over.

“They’ve been saying that for how long?” Hampton said, via the Associated Press. “They’ve been saying, ‘You’re getting old,’ and all that for years, and year in and year out we do our thing. So I don’t see it being any different this year.”

The Steelers aren’t as old as they used to be, with aging veterans James Farrior, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke and Hines Ward retiring this offseason. Hampton said the Steelers have the right players in place to replace those longtime teammates.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/29/casey-hampton-may-be-old-and-slow-but-he-says-its-not-over/

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Casey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over   Casey Hampton may be old and slow, but he says it’s not over EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:45 pm

It's over after this year. Just like Aaron Smith in his last years, I haven't heard much from old peanut head. Hopefully he can groom Ta'Amu into a warrior.

Page 1 of 1