Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDid Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?

Go down 
+6
stlrtruck
Galax Steeler
Gingerchip
Bays
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? Empty
PostSubject: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:36 pm

July, 30, 2012
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The headline of the blog is whether the Steelers chose wide receiver Antonio Brown over Mike Wallace. The short answer is no. The popular assumption that the Steelers are unable to pay Wallace after signing Brown isn't true.

"Mike is a great player and we'd love for him to be a Steeler for a long time," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert told CBSSports.com. "There are always ways to create room if you decide to do it."

The fact remains Brown is in the future plans and Wallace currently isn't. If Pittsburgh can't sign Wallace and he goes elsewhere next offseason, everyone will remember the Steelers choosing Brown over Wallace, whether it's true or not.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac believes the Steelers are taking a risk by signing Brown. "He's had just one good season," Dulac wrote on Twitter. "Needs to back it up with another."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/51536/did-steelers-chose-brown-over-wallace

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Quote :
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac believes the Steelers are taking a risk by signing Brown. "He's had just one good season," Dulac wrote on Twitter. "Needs to back it up with another."

YES! This is all I've been saying.

Brown could turn out to be the next Jerry Rice and be one of the greatest receivers to ever play the game. But he could also turn out to be the next Limas Sweed and suddenly forget how to catch a football. There's just not enough body of work to justify locking him up long term. But it's done. So lets hope he continues to improve and becomes the receiver the Steelers think he will. Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

Brown could turn out to be the next Jerry Rice and be one of the greatest receivers to ever play the game. But he could also turn out to be the next Limas Sweed and suddenly forget how to catch a football. There's just not enough body of work to justify locking him up long term. But it's done. So lets hope he continues to improve and becomes the receiver the Steelers think he will. Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 792589548

Waitaminute! Let me get this straight....... Limas Sweed actually, at one time, knew HOW TO CATCH A FOOTBALL!?!? How's this the first time I'm hearing this? Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 2829330259

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Yes, and Limas Sweed once won TEAM MVP? Holy shit. Sign him, now!

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:20 am

I just don't think we will have that problem with Brown.

The kid works too hard.

Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:13 am

The thing is if Brown had another good season what would he have cost us then. I think we got him at a good price this year. In my opinion they done the right thing.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:55 am

It's not that the Steelers choose Brown over Wallace, they signed a key component to their offense - one that was easy to sign without creating issues next offseason.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 am

stlrtruck wrote:
It's not that the Steelers choose Brown over Wallace, they signed a key component to their offense - one that was easy to sign without creating issues next offseason.

Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 3964572787
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 am

Gingerchip wrote:
I just don't think we will have that problem with Brown.

The kid works too hard.

i agree, ive seen all i need to see to know that brown is the real deal

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:15 pm

In 1 word... yes they did!! tha's like three words but who cares
they chose the better man IMHO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:03 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

Waitaminute! Let me get this straight....... Limas Sweed actually, at one time, knew HOW TO CATCH A FOOTBALL!?!? How's this the first time I'm hearing this? Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 2829330259

You aren't the only one shocked by that news, Rockso. Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 183388472
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

You aren't the only one shocked by that news, Rockso. Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 183388472

YES!!!!! FINALLY..... someone who knows who the hell my avatar is unlike the rest of you losers! I'm liking you already, RLG78! Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 2421758519 Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks man! I love Metalocalypse! Nathan Explosion is my favorite character!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 am

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
Thanks man! I love Metalocalypse! Nathan Explosion is my favorite character!

I'm partial to Murderface.... and of course, Rockso. Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace?   Did Steelers choose Brown over Wallace? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1