Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePUP's still on a leash Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

PUP's still on a leash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

PUP's still on a leash Empty
PostSubject: PUP's still on a leash   PUP's still on a leash EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:07 am

LATROBE -- Over a seven-day period at the end of last season, the Steelers lost three starters to knee injuries that required corrective surgery. At this stage of camp, there’s no telling when they’ll return.

Rashard Mendenhall, a 25-year-old running back, will probably stay on the physically unable to perform list for the first six games of the season.
Hurt on Jan. 1 in the regular season finale in Cleveland, Mendenhall said his rehab is progressing “right on schedule.” But when asked if he had any idea when he might practice, he said, “No, not at all. There’s not really a timetable.”

Tackle Max Starks and nose tackle Casey Hampton were injured in the Jan. 8 wild-card loss in Denver.

Starks, 30, thinks it will be at least three more weeks before he’s taken off the PUP list.

“If I’m back by then, I’ll figure my way into the equation (on the offensive line),” he said. “If not, I’ll try to help those guys along until I do come back and factor into the equation.”

Read more: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/st...4e958c088.html

PUP's still on a leash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: