Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhere there's a Will: Steelers FB took a detour to NFL Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where there's a Will: Steelers FB took a detour to NFL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Where there's a Will: Steelers FB took a detour to NFL Empty
PostSubject: Where there's a Will: Steelers FB took a detour to NFL   Where there's a Will: Steelers FB took a detour to NFL EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:27 am

Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:45 pm | Updated: 10:09 pm, Sat Aug 11, 2012.
By Mike Bires

LATROBE -- Last summer, Will Johnson was a football nobody.

Thirty-two NFL teams were working hard at training camp, but not one of them wanted the former West Virginia University tight end. No one thought enough of Johnson to even sign him as an undrafted free agent practice player.

While there were more than 2,500 players on camp rosters league wide, Johnson was out of football. He paid bills by working as a landscaper in Charlotte, N.C. But during that time, he refused to throw away his dream of playing in the NFL.

Now, Johnson’s dream is very much alive. Today, he’s the Steelers’ first-team fullback.

“My mindset was that I’m going to make this work out,” Johnson said. “I was going to do everything I could to make this happen.”

Johnson’s current position on the Steelers’ depth chart is a combination of perseverance and fate.

During that year or so he spent in Charlotte, he worked out like never before. He joined a CrossFit gym, which uses a grueling strength and conditioning program that's followed by not only elite athletes but also police academies and special military units.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/where-there-s-a-will-steelers-fb-took-a-detour/article_9a174528-cc40-59d4-b528-db5ce07682ac.html

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1