Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStarks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) Empty
PostSubject: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:43 pm

(I know there's a thread about Starks starting, but Redman will be in the lineup as well)

Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo
August 24, 2012 12:32 am
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Thursday his starters will play the first half and possibly more in the third preseason game Saturday night at Buffalo.

Two of those starters are coming back from injuries and will get their first extended time with the first-team offense.

Offensive lineman Max Starks will get his first opportunity to play in a game this preseason. Starks, who had offseason knee surgery, spent the first few weeks of training camp on the physically-unable-to-perform list. He has worked with the first-team offense this week and will take over for rookie Mike Adams at left tackle.

Also returning from injury is starting running back Isaac Redman, who went through a full week of practice after injuring his hip in the first preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Redman would like to get as many repetitions as possible because the injury limited him last week.

"I'm anxious to get out there," Redman said. "I want to get out there and play and give it my all."

Only four players officially have been ruled out for the Buffalo game -- injured linebackers James Harrison and Stevenson Sylvester and running backs Jason Ford and Rashard Mendenhall. Nose tackle Casey Hampton, who came off the PUP list last week, will make the trip, but Tomlin said it is unlikely he will play.

It's likely that other players will be ruled out by Saturday, but Tomlin was keeping the door open for some of them to play.

Tomlin said quarterbacks Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich will play in the second half in relief of Ben Roethlisberger. Free agent Jerrod Johnson is not expected to play.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/starks-redman-will-start-against-buffalo-650338/#ixzz24TzUCmXo

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Glad to hear Redman's OK and ready to play. I'm excited about our stable of backs and what our run game could look like this year. It will only improve once Mendy returns too.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 pm

I hope they have him on a short leash just in case. I don't think he needs to go a full half.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:30 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
I hope they have him on a short leash just in case. I don't think he needs to go a full half.

We have enough guys behind him that we need to see where they shouldn't have to over do it. 1 quarter at most for Redman.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:18 am

I'd like to see Lincoln "Ford" Mercury play in the first or second qt. he could be the real deal!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 pm

i guess Ford won't be playing tonight Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm not sure if his injury from last week will carry over, but it's not likely he'll find his way onto the field this week at all with Redman coming back, and the starters playing an entire half.

PostSubject: Re: Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)   Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing) Empty

Back to top Go down

Starks, Redman will start against Buffalo (other updates on who will be playing)
Page 1 of 1