Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace to sign tender Tuesday Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace to sign tender Tuesday

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wallace to sign tender Tuesday Empty
PostSubject: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Wallace to sign tender Tuesday Mike-wallace-colbert-talks-steelers

SteelersXtreme.com

Finally, there's going to be a tender moment between Mike Wallace and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

After almost an entire off-season of drama, speculation, rumors, and conflicting reports, Wallace will finally end his holdout with the Steelers on Tuesday and will sign his 1-year, $2.74 million tender offer, according to Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network. Earlier today, Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review also posted on Twitter that Wallace would be returning Tuesday.

After he signs the tender offer, Wallace will be able to return to the negotiating table with the Steelers' front office and attempt to secure a long-term contract with the team before the start of the regular season. The Steelers historically do not negotiate contracts after the regular season starts, so the Pro Bowl receiver will have until the first game of the 2012 season, Sept. 9, to sign a new deal; otherwise, he'll be playing for his tender amount and will become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Wallace, who is entering his fourth year with the Steelers, is coming off back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons and a Pro Bowl appearance. He's regarded as one of the most dangerous deep threats in the NFL, but he's got a lot of catching up to do before the start of the regular season. The Steelers have installed a new offense under new coordinator Todd Haley, and although Wallace received a playbook in May and has been working out on his own, he missed all of training camp and will miss the final preseason game Thursday against the Carolina Panthers. Under the new collective bargaining agreement, Wallace won't be able to practice with the team until next Monday.

© Steelers Xtreme 2012

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:40 pm

The problem with him signing this so late:

1. The Steelers don't negotiate during the regular season

2. This only leaves the two sides one week to find a deal

3. If they don't reach a deal by the end of the season, the leverage falls in to Wallace's lap

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace to sign tender Tuesday 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:43 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
The problem with him signing this so late:

1. The Steelers don't negotiate during the regular season

2. This only leaves the two sides one week to find a deal

3. If they don't reach a deal by the end of the season, the leverage falls in to Wallace's lap

1. True.

2. The Steelers and A. Brown's agent were able to work out a deal in a few hours. If Wallace wants a long-term deal, they have plenty of time.

3. They can franchise him after the season. Wallace to sign tender Tuesday 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 pm

A franchise tag will be 10 million dollars plus. If they can franchise him, I don't see why they wouldn't just go right ahead and sign him to the deal that he reportedly wants.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

Keenan Lewis says #steelers Wallace will show today

OK, I'm getting tired of conflicting reports. Kaboly didn't cite a source. Bouchette cited Keenan Lewis. But Kaboly is reliable.

Long story short ... I'm trusting Kaboly.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

Keenan Lewis says #steelers Wallace will show today

OK, I'm getting tired of conflicting reports. Kaboly didn't cite a source. Bouchette cited Keenan Lewis. But Kaboly is reliable.

Long story short ... I'm trusting Kaboly.

I think we'll see him tomorrow. Now you're getting a small taste of what I went through yesterday. Wallace to sign tender Tuesday 3798349058

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:57 pm

bayz101 wrote:
A franchise tag will be 10 million dollars plus. If they can franchise him, I don't see why they wouldn't just go right ahead and sign him to the deal that he reportedly wants.
The issue on reaching a deal isn't total dollars. My understanding is that the issue is guaranteed money. I'm not sure how guaranteed money works with the franchise tag. We need Dodens on that one.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Looks like Kaboly is on the mark yet again ...

Quote :

Mike Bires ‏@mikebires

Mike Wallace didn't report today ... now we hear it will be Tuesday

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 pm

They can also use the franchise tag as leverage to work out a long-term deal, which they've done a couple times. But let's see what happens in the next two weeks.

Quote :
Keenan Lewis, Mike Wallace’s close friend and former high school teammate, told me today that he expects Wallace to be at the team’s facility some time today. Now, that could be anytime between now and 7 p.m. for all we know.
Wallace is in town and ready to report, but apparently hasn’t actually signed, you know, his contract. Until he does that, nothing happens. What he’s waiting for is anyone’s guess. Maybe he wants to wait until after 4 p.m. so there would be no way they could put him in Thursday’s game after the three-day waiting period (it starts Tuesday if it happens after 4 p.m. today).
The Steelers, though, aren’t going to throw him into Thursday’s game without benefit of practice. How would that benefit them?

Bouchette
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
The issue on reaching a deal isn't total dollars. My understanding is that the issue is guaranteed money. I'm not sure how guaranteed money works with the franchise tag. We need Dodens on that one.

This Wallace drama has been a blessing and a curse.

1. Given the Steelers recent off-season events, this has been the worst thing we've had thrown our way during the off-season. The thing is, we all knew it was coming.

2. We've waited this long, we should be able to wait a few more hours, but we're all over anxious and ready to get Wallace in house.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Franchise tag is a 100% hit on that year's cap. I don't think that would discourage the Steelers from using it though if their intention was to work out a long-term deal. They did it with Woodley last year, for example, and they were definitely not looking toward eating that cap hit.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Hopefully Wallace is already in Pittsburgh, or at least in the air. Florida is about to get some nasty weather.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Hopefully Wallace is already in Pittsburgh, or at least in the air. Florida is about to get some nasty weather.

Just for the record...the bad weather hit yesterday.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Just for the record...the bad weather hit yesterday.

Hurricane Isaac hasn't hit Florida yet, has it?

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:24 pm

yeah it's on it's way to the gulf now
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Blitzburghfan wrote:

Well, thoughts and prayers out to everyone that way.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 am

bayz101 wrote:
Blitzburghfan wrote:

Careful down there, Truck. Be safe, my brother. Wallace to sign tender Tuesday 941308610

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:31 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Blitzburghfan wrote:

Careful down there, Truck. Be safe, my brother. Wallace to sign tender Tuesday 941308610

Thanks bro. We were blessed, as Isaac pushed off the coast and went up the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, sparing us, but moving on to damage NOLA.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:38 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Blitzburghfan wrote:

Thanks bro. We were blessed, as Isaac pushed off the coast and went up the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, sparing us, but moving on to damage NOLA.

Glad to hear you're in the clear. Hopefully damage to other areas will be minimal and everyone will be largely OK.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace to sign tender Tuesday   Wallace to sign tender Tuesday Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1